Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Death of Spider-Man: The Wallcrawler's Ultimate Story

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey

For the past decade Marvel's Ultimate Comics Universe have been immensely popular and in 2011 the Ultimate Universe will take it to the next level. Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Millar are responsible for the creation of this universe ten years ago, now they will team up to tell Spider-Man's "Ultimate Story".  

No Caption Provided
    The Ultimate imprint is very well known as the Universe where There are No Rules, so starting on issue #153 of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man with the prelude to this storyline and then taking it "into high gear" in Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates #1, the gloves are off for the 1610 Universe. 

Bendis, who stared Ultimate Spider-Man back in 2000 and has faithfully been writing this book since then, says this about Marvel's announcement:  

"As a group and as individuals we have made a conscious effort to create stories this year that no one has ever seen before. I am very. very proud to be a part of this storyline and very proud of Marvel for even attempting such a bold endeavor. Sit back as we unveil a storyline unlike any other!!" 

UltimatesUltimates 2 and Ultimate Comics Avengers writer Mark Millar adds this: 

"This is the biggest, boldest thing we've attempted in the ten years since we kicked this line off. This is the one thing that could be bigger than the creation of the Ultimate line and it's great to be a part of it. Being part of something like this is once in a lifetime opportunity and soon you'll all get to read the story we've written for you. This should be up there with the very small number of events that really mattered. This is going to be big."

It might have been clearer if the cover said:
     It might have been clearer if the cover said: "The Ultimate Death of Spider-Man"
    Recently, the cover of Marvel Previews for February (left) was leaked and it raised a lot of questions, now we know that the most ambitious story Ultimate Comics story yet is related to the question: Will Spider-Man Die in February? 
    This February the story will begin in Ultimate Comics Spider-Man and Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #153 & #154 
    Written by Brian Michael Bendis 
    Pencils by Sara Pichelli & David LaFuente 
    Cover by Sara Pichelli 
    Rated T+ ...$3.99 each  

Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates #1 (of 6) 
    Written by Mark Millar 
    Pencils and Cover by Leinil Francis Yu 
    Variant Covers by Bryan Hitch and Frank Cho 
    Rated T+ ...$3.99

Marvel.com called this "the story no comic fan can afford to miss", what do you think? Are you interested? 
    -- Geo ( sora_thekey ), long time user, blogger, wiki editor of the Whiskey Media Sites, and 24/7geek     
    Avatar image for the_angry_comic_book_critic
    The Angry Comic Book Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 6

@sora_thekey:  I was interested until I found out this was for the Ultimate universe spider-man not the mainstream one now I couldn't give give a rat's a$$ besides didn't they already try to kill him off during the crapfest Ultimatum less than a year ago?
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

Yeah if this was one of those "The End" stories like Hulk and Wolverine got, I'd totally read it. The fact that it's the Ultimate Universe sucks out my interest. 

punkelias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By punkelias

Ugh... for a moment I though this event was about THE Amazing Spider-Man and got really excited. I might buy it, though

Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Pacperson

......,.Why do they keep trying to ruin their only good Ultimate book? they almost did it with Ultimatum and now 15 issues later they wanna do it again.....=/ why?

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#5  Edited By Deadcool

Bendis' Ultimate Spidey is just the best run I have read, but since the ULTIMATUM, he is not that cool anymore, I don't know what think...

No Caption Provided
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123

Ultimate Spider-man has sucked for a while now.... so I kinda don't care. Whoo. Close one, thought they were about to kill someone worth my time there for a minute.....

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7  Edited By The_Martian

They can kill Ultimate Spider-Man, that's fine. Just not 616.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Magian

Awww, so they were referring to 1610 Spider-Man.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#9  Edited By Deadcool
    @Nobody said:
    " They can kill Ultimate Spider-Man, that's fine. Just not 616. "
    AHHHAHAHAHHAHAHA... You serious?!
    WHY?!
    LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By LightBright

I stopped caring about all the Ultimate titles when Ultimatum rolled around. Up until then it was actually good stuff. This is definitely something I'm going to avoid just because it seems like a hassle to get caught up.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By danhimself

I guess I'm one of the few people who doesn't get upset about these kinds of things....sure they could be potentially killing off one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite books which despite what above comments say hasn't dropped in quality a bit since issue one...but I look at this way....it could be a really great story and for me that's really what matters...heck I wasn't even mad when they killed off my absolute favorite character Superboy in Infinite Crisis because the story was so good

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

See you on Earth-616, Spidey. I don't place any faith in these dramatic "Death Of..." events, anymore. No one stays dead in comic books, forever.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.