Dan Slott Slip Up?

• 69 results
#1 Posted by Scarlet_Spyder (119 posts) - - Show Bio

So, it could either be a slip up, or a false lead...but Dan tweeted something to Stegman that may have just spoiled the identity of Superior Spider-Man. I won't spoil it here, but the redacted tweet can be found. Not sure how I feel about the reveal, but it also does not explain the how or why, and what happens in 700. So, still some mystery.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/24/what-if-dan-slott-totally-spoiled-superior-spider-man-on-twitter/

#2 Posted by ChaosMarvel (987 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is true and not a decoy it looks like one of 's theories was correct!

#3 Posted by Scarlet_Spyder (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosMarvel said:

Yuppers. It makes sense.

#4 Posted by Strider92 (15257 posts) - - Show Bio

@Scarlet_Spyder said:

@ChaosMarvel said:

Yuppers. It makes sense.

I was O.O! Don't tell me lol! I want to find out on my own in January.

#5 Posted by AntiAJ25 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

idk this is very careless of him to post that.

#6 Posted by ChaosMarvel (987 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: It was one of your first guesses! :p mwhahahaha

#7 Posted by Strider92 (15257 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosMarvel said:

Shhhhh! you wanna get slapped brah!? lol

#8 Posted by danhimself (21901 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know...it just seems like such a huge mistake to make...in my mind he's trying to throw us off by acting like it was a mistake

#9 Posted by CBninja (160 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he's throwing it off. I don't want that character to be Spider-Man.

#10 Posted by Scarlet_Spyder (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@CBninja said:

I hope he's throwing it off. I don't want that character to be Spider-Man.

Problem is...it makes a lot of sense in many aspects. The how and why of it though...remains to be seen.

#11 Posted by CBninja (160 posts) - - Show Bio

True it does make sense from the drawings and evidence given. I just don't know how it could come about.

#12 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@AntiAJ25 said:

idk this is very careless of him to post that.

It could be a plant.

#13 Posted by chrisguyver (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Can some one pm me who it might be please

#14 Posted by Scarlet_Spyder (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@chrisguyver said:

Just PM'ed you.

#15 Edited by Scarlet_Spyder (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@ChaosMarvel said:

Shhhhh! you wanna get slapped brah!? lol

There is a good chance this was leaked on purpose and is a false lead...but it would answer a few questions if true=P

#16 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@chrisguyver said:

Me too please.

#17 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

At least it's not Alpha. If this is true, I just may end up giving Superior Spider-Man a try.

#18 Posted by Scarlet_Spyder (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

At least it's not Alpha. If this is true, I just may end up giving Superior Spider-Man a try.

I'll give it a try...I am just not too sure how it will work out in the long run.

#19 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@Scarlet_Spyder: Please PM me about this as well kind sir.

#20 Posted by Scarlet_Spyder (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, anyone else wants a PM, let me know...but you won't get it until tomorrow. I need to get to bed=)

#21 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

@Scarlet_Spyder said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

I'll give it a try...I am just not too sure how it will work out in the long run.

Same here. It probably won't be permanent, so if it's bad or I don't like it, I won't have a problem with not reading Spider-Man for a while.

#22 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

PM who it was please.

#23 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15899 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm...so it looks like it's either Spider-Man 2099 or Miguel Legar of the Spider Society.

I'm not really much of a spider-follower though, so I'd like to know if this is right.

#25 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

Hm...so it looks like it's either Spider-Man 2099 or Miguel Legar of the Spider Society.

I'm not really much of a spider-follower though, so I'd like to know if this is right.

it's the first one

#26 Posted by Araneaes (11 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be true but I think this is damage control. Fans are getting close to the truth with their theories so Slott tried to make something out of it to keep them guessing. I mean, why would he use Twitter to announce something like that knowing that the whole world is going to see it. It's impossible that he's also slipping up because he had always been careful not to spoil it to fans. Dan Slott and Marvel not responding is also part of the plan. I'm still sticking with Peter Parker.

Everyone, it's Dan Slott! Get him! XD

#27 Edited by PunyParker (7042 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe he's acting....its a HUUUUGE mistake to do that,and he is a bright man...

I believe its called "missdirection"...ITS STILL PETE!!!

#28 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I just had to go and search that tweet...

#29 Posted by ChaosMarvel (987 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

I believe he's acting....its a HUUUUGE mistake to do that,and he is a bright man...

I actually believe it is a genuine slip up. It fit the bill and Wacker has all but screamed out its him twice now.

#30 Posted by PunyParker (7042 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosMarvel said:

@PunyParker said:

I actually believe it is a genuine slip up. It fit the bill and Wacker has all but screamed out its him twice now.

i would screw with people on that....i mean...PUBLIC TWEET?? SERIOUSLY????

#31 Posted by Strider92 (15257 posts) - - Show Bio
@PunyParker:  Having unintentionally found out what the  spoiler  was (Damn you google!) I have to say it could be true. Slip ups happen. I've  inadvertently  posted public messages on other message boards before even though I intended to make it private. 
Also: 
#32 Posted by Araneaes (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't buy it. Peter Parker is one of the most recognizable faces in the Marvel Universe. Why would Marvel replace Peter Parker if their goal with MarvelNOW is to get new readers to read their comics. It's going to confuse new readers if Pete is replaced by some guy on an alternate universe.

#33 Posted by Scarlet_Spyder (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@PunyParker: Having unintentionally found out what the spoiler was (Damn you google!) I have to say it could be true. Slip ups happen. I've inadvertently posted public messages on other message boards before even though I intended to make it private.
Also:
That guy in ASM who betrayed Horizon. Tiberius Stone I think his name was. He has the same last name as Miguel O'Hara's father and brother! There's a connection there somewhere!
We have the X-men coming back from the past so there's a possibility of some time fluctuation thing going on.

I was trying to shield you from it brother...how can you expect me to keep you from the evils of this world if you intentionally seek them out?!?!?!

Sigh...

Anyhow, with the character design and so on, it makes sense.

#34 Posted by Scarlet_Spyder (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

PM who it was please.

Check Icarusflies post, and read the first guess.

#35 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Scarlet_Spyder said:

Alright, anyone else wants a PM, let me know...but you won't get it until tomorrow. I need to get to bed=)

Hit me up!

#36 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Scarlet_Spyder: Pm me too please.

#37 Posted by Strider92 (15257 posts) - - Show Bio
@Araneaes: Here's another thing i'll throw out there: 
#38 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, that tweet seems as if he's messing around. He's been constantly secretive about what will happen and all of a sudden tweets Stegman by "mistake".

I'm not buying it.

#39 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

I don't know, that tweet seems as if he's messing around. He's been constantly secretive about what will happen and all of a sudden tweets Stegman by "mistake".

I'm not buying it.

good point.............OR IS IT?!

#40 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: I don't know, it just seems too... blatant.

#41 Posted by ChaosMarvel (987 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

If the Miguel post by Slott is a red herring then although Miguel would be a simple answer (and also makes sense) what if the new Spider-man is Tiberius Stone? If he found out Peter was Spider-man and got him killed in 700 he might feel guilty. We know the guy is smart (building the Spider-sense jammer etc...). If we jumped ahead to 2099 Miguel when attempting to make a hybrid for the first time failed because the genetics did not match the research.
How does this fit in with Tiberius you ask? Tiberius Stone has the last name of Miguel's father (Tyler Stone) what if Tiberius is Tyler's and Miguels ancestor. If Tiberius creates a formula that turns him into Spider-man giving him Miguel's powerset then the formula would be tailored to his DNA. This could explain why the procedure failed on the first guy in the year 2099 when Miguel experimented on him but didn't fail on Miguel. Miguel as Tiberius's family would have a very similar genetic make up thus why the experiment didn't fail on him. We know Miguel had past research on Spider-man but what if the stuff he had was from Tiberius's run as SM? Hence the reason the experiment worked on him but mutated and killed anyone else due to poorly matching genetic code. If thats the case then Tiberius would have a matching powerset to Miguel (including his eyes!) the post by Slott could have been a red herring making us think we're talking about Miguel when in actual fact we are talking about someone with his powerset!
Finally we know Tiberius is a jerk! He even stole Tony Stark's girlfriend (is MJ next?) which would explain the douchebag behavior.
I'd prefer it be Miguel than this though lol!
Although Miguel would be a simple option maybe Tiberius Stone is the new Spider-man. It may seem random at first but the quote on twitter was "There is something Miguel can do with his eyes" so obviously they were talking about 2099 but what if Stone is Miguel's descendant? He has the same last name as Tyler Stone (Miguel O'Hara's father. Maybe Pete dies or gets critically injured in 700 and Tiberius feels so bad for his part in it (building the spider-sense jammer etc..) that he becomes the new Spider-man. We know he's smart and his research is what Miguel could use in the future to turn himself into Spider-man 2099. When Miguel tried to create a hybrid the first time it died because the gene splicing wasn't right but when he did it on himself it worked! Miguel as Tiberius's direct family might have the same genetic code as him. It could just be Stone but with O'Hara's abilities!
We know Stone is a jerk! He even stole Tony Stark's girlfriend (is MJ next lol?)
Having got that off my chest it would be simplar if it was Miguel but I like to complicate stuff!

Lol that theory is too messed up for words. Pity it is also a good explanation....

@Deranged Midget said:

I agree Slott doing that seems to easy. Unless its a double bluff to really screw with out minds.

#42 Posted by CBninja (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a thought. What if in that frame Madame web is having a vision and the "potential Spider-Man" is part of the vision with a bunch if other people. Just cause he says his name doesn't mean he doesn't pertain to the story in a different way.

#43 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

i was joking lol, but i agree, it seems unlikely, probably to throw of suspicion

#44 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

I'm not buying it.

Yeah, there is a good chance that he's just screwing with the fans. I just hope it isn't Alpha.

#45 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

@Scarlet_Spyder: I want one I'm curious!

#46 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

This how I feel about this info!

#47 Posted by pulseangel666 (329 posts) - - Show Bio

I can live with it being him as long as Peter is coming back rather sooner then later.

#48 Edited by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

@Scarlet_Spyder said:

So, it could either be a slip up, or a false lead...but Dan tweeted something to Stegman that may have just spoiled the identity of Superior Spider-Man. I won't spoil it here, but the redacted tweet can be found. Not sure how I feel about the reveal, but it also does not explain the how or why, and what happens in 700. So, still some mystery.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/24/what-if-dan-slott-totally-spoiled-superior-spider-man-on-twitter/

I searched it. And man, I would throw so much money at them.

#49 Posted by Scarlet_Spyder (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosMarvel said:

@Strider92 said:

If the Miguel post by Slott is a red herring then although Miguel would be a simple answer (and also makes sense) what if the new Spider-man is Tiberius Stone? If he found out Peter was Spider-man and got him killed in 700 he might feel guilty. We know the guy is smart (building the Spider-sense jammer etc...). If we jumped ahead to 2099 Miguel when attempting to make a hybrid for the first time failed because the genetics did not match the research.
How does this fit in with Tiberius you ask? Tiberius Stone has the last name of Miguel's father (Tyler Stone) what if Tiberius is Tyler's and Miguels ancestor. If Tiberius creates a formula that turns him into Spider-man giving him Miguel's powerset then the formula would be tailored to his DNA. This could explain why the procedure failed on the first guy in the year 2099 when Miguel experimented on him but didn't fail on Miguel. Miguel as Tiberius's family would have a very similar genetic make up thus why the experiment didn't fail on him. We know Miguel had past research on Spider-man but what if the stuff he had was from Tiberius's run as SM? Hence the reason the experiment worked on him but mutated and killed anyone else due to poorly matching genetic code. If thats the case then Tiberius would have a matching powerset to Miguel (including his eyes!) the post by Slott could have been a red herring making us think we're talking about Miguel when in actual fact we are talking about someone with his powerset!
Finally we know Tiberius is a jerk! He even stole Tony Stark's girlfriend (is MJ next?) which would explain the douchebag behavior.
I'd prefer it be Miguel than this though lol!
Although Miguel would be a simple option maybe Tiberius Stone is the new Spider-man. It may seem random at first but the quote on twitter was "There is something Miguel can do with his eyes" so obviously they were talking about 2099 but what if Stone is Miguel's descendant? He has the same last name as Tyler Stone (Miguel O'Hara's father. Maybe Pete dies or gets critically injured in 700 and Tiberius feels so bad for his part in it (building the spider-sense jammer etc..) that he becomes the new Spider-man. We know he's smart and his research is what Miguel could use in the future to turn himself into Spider-man 2099. When Miguel tried to create a hybrid the first time it died because the gene splicing wasn't right but when he did it on himself it worked! Miguel as Tiberius's direct family might have the same genetic code as him. It could just be Stone but with O'Hara's abilities!
We know Stone is a jerk! He even stole Tony Stark's girlfriend (is MJ next lol?)
Having got that off my chest it would be simplar if it was Miguel but I like to complicate stuff!

Lol that theory is too messed up for words. Pity it is also a good explanation....

Well...that is another way to look at it I guess=)

#50 Posted by Cavemold (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

didnt know someone started this already! Anywho this is the 2nd peter parker has been replaced with minority character

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.