Current Spider-Man events?

#1 Posted by TheCannon (17906 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm considering buying the Superior Spider-Man when it's released next month, but I had a quick question. Do I need to know anything about what's currently going on in Spidey's life? Other than Spider-Men, the most recent thing I know is One More Day. If I buy the Superior Spider-Man without knowing anything past that, will I be confussed?

#2 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that before or after Big Time?

#3 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: I wish I could truly help you here, but there is so much going on with this character.I don't wanna steer you in the wrong direction. Hopefully someone more qualified will help you in this area.

#4 Posted by TheCannon (17906 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

Is that before or after Big Time?

I don't know. I only know it's after the Civil War.

@evilvegeta74 said:

@TheCannon: I wish I could truly help you here, but there is so much going on with this character.I don't wanna steer you in the wrong direction. Hopefully someone more qualified will help you in this area.

Thanks anyway.

#5 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading Amazing 698-700 would get you up to speed to what Superior Spider-Man is about.

#6 Posted by TheCannon (17906 posts) - - Show Bio

@fesak said:

Reading Amazing 698-700 would get you up to speed to what Superior Spider-Man is about.

Thanks. I'll try and find them.

#7 Posted by Strider92 (16110 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@fesak said:

Thanks. I'll try and find them.

What he said but also try and pick up Avenging Spider-man 15.1 it sets the stage for Superior Spider-man.

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24604 posts) - - Show Bio

Well since real Spiderman is gonna be sitting out a while I'm gonna be sitting out as well until the "Superior" crap is over with

#9 Posted by SmashBrawler (5496 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically speaking, you shouldn't need to read anything before Superior Spider-Man #1.

#10 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

It's going to be a new Spider-Man so should be a brilliant point to start but I'd recommend getting 698-700 (don't need 699.1) as the event in 700 should be huge, and shape what Superior will be like

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

The issues you need are Amazing Spider-Man #698-700 and Avenging Spider-Man #15.1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.