Could the Marvel Now! Spider-Man teaser not be called Superior?

#1 Posted by mzultan17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been looking over the teasers for the Marvel Now! books and some of them don't use the teasers word in the title but to describe the character, so what if Superior is just referring to Spider-Man being superior to Doctor Octopus. He could have stopped his dying wish and this could just be the beginning of an era for Spider-Man just like Big Time. I feel like Marvel wouldn't change the name of one of the best known comics just for Marvel Now and will just start another Volume of Amazing Spider-Man at #1. Any thoughts or opinions?

#2 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

They aren't necessarily going to change the title to Superior Spider-Man, a lot of the teasers consisted of words that weren't part of the title. For instance: Deadpool's new comic had the teaser Chimichangas

#3 Posted by Gonzo33 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that it wont be called 'Superior Spider-Man', but the teaser for the new Wolverine was 'Savage' and its called 'Savage Wolverine'.

#4 Posted by mzultan17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

true but so far cable and the xforce uncanny xforce avengers arena and the amateur teaser have shown that it may not have anything to do with the title. i think for wolverine they have just gone through too many volumes too quickly so they decided to give it a different title.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.