Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Could Spider-Woman fill the role of Spider-Man in the Cinematic Universe?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

This is a question I've been wondering about. Marvel Studios can't use Spider-Man related characters. Like characters that fall under the Spider-Man brand-name such as his villains and supporting characters. However what if they decided to use Spider-Woman. I mean Jessica Drew has no affiliation with Spider-Man aside from somewhat similar powers and the name, so why couldn't they use her to fill the same role? Spider-Woman has always been heavily affiliated with both SHIELD and The Avengers, even working for HYDRA for sometime in the comics, and all of those fall under Disney/Marvel's control.

Perhaps they could have her as a vigilante to begin with? Basically do the same thing Spidey does to start with, but gets drafted into the Avengers at some point? Really I think this would help flesh out their street level heroes more.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.