Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Cool if Spidey cameos in Iron Man/Thor/Cap/Avengers sequels?

Avatar image for spectacular_iceman
    Spectacular_Iceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First of all, here's a link http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movies/oscorp-tower-nearly-appeared-in-the-avengers/14217

Cool huh? I think that it would've been really cool if they had Oscorp in Avengers to show SOME sort of connection/link - but the problem would be in the Spider-Man film - How would they explain the New York Chirtauri-Alien-Invasion thingy that just recently happened? It's kind of hard for Marvel and Sony to sort these problems out, but it's really interesting to hear that both studios actually DID sit down for a cup of coffee and discussed open possibilities - Joss Whedon and Marc Webb in one room? Hell yeah! IF the upcoming Spidey reboot does well, I think Marvel and Sony should gather together again and discuss small possible cameos for future films - I have so many ideas for his cameos - In Iron Man 3, you could finally see the Oscorp building that was supposed to be in Avengers - In a Thor sequel, you see Thor back on earth and him (or any other supporting characters) take a look at a local newspaper and see the Lizard's rampage on the front page - In a CAP SEQUEL, like shown in Iron Man 2 - There could be a News report showing Spider-Man and/or Lizard battling to the death - And finally, in an Avengers sequel, hopefully Marvel and Sony can reach a potential deal where Andrew Garfield can make a full appearance on screen...

Avatar image for the_amazing_spider_man
    The_Amazing_Spider_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a definite possibility for Sony to reach a deal with Marvel to bring Spider-Man into their "cinematic universe" - But we'll have to wait and see how The Amazing Spider-Man plays out... Hopefully it's a success, because the people who went to the early screening have been balanced, some say that the movie was "Spectacular", while the smart asses thought of it as a failure like Spider-Man 3 (Not to say I thought Spider-Man 3 sucked, but a bunch of people apparently did...).

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Nighthunter

To be fair Spider-man 3 did suck...

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Strider1992

@Nighthunter said:

Yes, yes it did...

This actually gives me a little hope and a little new found respect for Sony. The fact that they were even willing to consider that shows they have some leeway.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Strider92 said:

@Nighthunter said:

Yes, yes it did...

This actually gives me a little hope and a little new found respect for Sony. The fact that they were even willing to consider that shows they have some leeway.

Yeah. I think there's a better relationship between Marvel and Sony than Marvel and Fox. I don't want a big movie with X-Men and Avengers or Avengers and Fantastic Four, but it'd be cool to see that they exist in the MCU. Just a little easter egg or something to put them together.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NEEK_03

I think cameo's would be great, and they would help promote one anothers movies. (neither really need it) but it would just add that much more to each movie.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I think this is great, and shows that the Marvel Universe, whether it be in comics, cartoons, or movies, is a shared universe that can't be kept apart. Marvel characters have always had ties to one another in some form, whether directly or just from living in New York.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Black

I wish DC would get the ball rolling like Marvel has...

Replicant0658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Replicant0658

Given that Peter Parker is a teenager in the reboot, it would be really cool to see Sam Jackson make a cameo in the sequel and see the Nick Fury/teenage Spidey dynamic that Bendis showcased in the first volume of Ultimate Spiderman.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By TheHeat

I would LOVE if Spider-Man appeared in the Avengers sequels. Maybe Disney or Marvel could work out a deal where one of the Marvel Cinematic Universe heroes appears in a Spidey sequel in exchange for Spidey to appear in theirs.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CrimsonCake

It's going to make the average movie goer wonder even more why spider man isn't part of the avengers.

Avatar image for draketheslaughter
    DraketheSlaughter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Nighthunter: It went above & beyond sucking

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By PurpleCandy

As much as I have to agree with everyone...

Keep dreaming :P

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By X35

There are about 40 Avengers character who deserve a cameo more than some wall-crawling menace.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spartan92

Is anybody else here glad sony are in charge of making the amazing spiderman and not the Marvel studio that made the other marvel movies.

Avatar image for the_amazing_spider_man
    The_Amazing_Spider_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with most of you - Spider-Man doesn't seem to fit with Cap, Iron-Man, Thor and Hulk, but Marvel has found ways to overcome this sort of stuff... Other than that though, I think Spidey at least deserves a cameo in a sequel, if Sony is serious about including him in the cinematic universe.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By spartan92

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@spartan92 said:

Is anybody else here glad sony are in charge of making the amazing spiderman and not the Marvel studio that made the other marvel movies.

I am...Spider-Man being with the other heroes is kinda off to me(movies only counted)...Spider-Man works alone always has always will this just keeps him being alone and that's fine by me.

Yea and also though i just think that a Spiderman movie made by the marvel studio probably wouldnt be as good as TAS is shaping up to be.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By mewmdude77

I would love Spider-Man to be in the Avengers movie, and I think there already has been a cameo/putting Spidey in the MCU! There was a little part in the Avengers where a guy had a red shirt on, with a spider on it, like a tribute shirt to Spider-Man, so that gave me hope

fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fullmetalquach

i dont know if i would want to see him in the avengers 2 just because he doesnt join for a while and theres no way to contact peter parker since nobody that would ask knows his identity, but it would be cool to see a cameo in a cap movie or a cap cameo in the amazing spiderman, i really like how cap and spidey have their little talks that inspire spiderman and teach him something, idk how they would fit that in, but it would be pretty cool

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I think the best cameo would be Stark or more likely Steve reading the paper and the headline being about Spider Man being a menace.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Gambit1024

I kind of don't want Spider-Man near the Avengers. I know that if they put him in, it'll just be forced, and forced isn't good.

At most, very small cameos would be nice, but no more than that.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By PowerHerc

Not cool.

Spider-Man should stay in his own movies.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By joshmightbe

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@spartan92 said:

I am...Spider-Man being with the other heroes is kinda off to me(movies only counted)...Spider-Man works alone always has always will this just keeps him being alone and that's fine by me.

You mean aside from the times he's teamed up with the Fantastic 4, X-men, Hulk, Black Cat, Daredevil, Captain America, Prowler, Punisher, New Warriors, Slingers, Spider-Woman, Madame Web, Venom, Ghost Rider, Avengers, Deadpool, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Silver Sable, Wild Pack, Spider-Girl, Dr. Strange, etc, etc, etc.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mewmdude77

@joshmightbe said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@spartan92 said:

You mean aside from the times he's teamed up with the Fantastic 4, X-men, Hulk, Black Cat, Daredevil, Captain America, Prowler, Punisher, New Warriors, Slingers, Spider-Woman, Madame Web, Venom, Ghost Rider, Avengers, Deadpool, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Silver Sable, Wild Pack, Spider-Girl, Dr. Strange, etc, etc, etc.

He tried to join the Fantastic Four all the way back in Amazing Spider-Man number one, he almost joined the Avengers is I think Amazing Spider-Man annual # 5, Daredevil was the first to learn his Secret identity, and he Daredevil's, etc etc...

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SandMan_
     This is how The Avengers should have ended
    mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mewmdude77

@SandMan_ said:

Yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.