Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Comic Book Question of the Week: Will You Miss Superior Spider-Man?

• 79 results
    tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nope, will I have sympathy for those that will miss him. No I'll just laugh.

fragmentmind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not for a second, no, not for a millisecond. all I see is that it ruined the relationship between Peter and Mary Jane

All you saw when you read this book was a stale relationship that should have ended a while back? Wasn't like they were married. Hell, I like Anna Maria more than MJ. NO offense to MJ,she was an amazing GF for Pete and former Wife (I'd say ex, but Mephisto just wrote that out of history), but life is full of change, and Superior Spider-man really accentuated the change in Peter's life. Ock ended the relationship in a mature manner (due to being older) and started a mature relationship with Anna maria (I ain't saying MJ was immature), but the whole back and forth between them, knowing they'll never permanently be married EXCEPT in multiverse tales, is just jaded now. Are you sure all you saw was a ruined relationship? How many times has that not happened before?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By animehunter

@fragmentmind said:

@animehunter said:

Not for a second, no, not for a millisecond. all I see is that it ruined the relationship between Peter and Mary Jane

All you saw when you read this book was a stale relationship that should have ended a while back? Wasn't like they were married. Hell, I like Anna Maria more than MJ. NO offense to MJ,she was an amazing GF for Pete and former Wife (I'd say ex, but Mephisto just wrote that out of history), but life is full of change, and Superior Spider-man really accentuated the change in Peter's life. Ock ended the relationship in a mature manner (due to being older) and started a mature relationship with Anna maria (I ain't saying MJ was immature), but the whole back and forth between them, knowing they'll never permanently be married EXCEPT in multiverse tales, is just jaded now. Are you sure all you saw was a ruined relationship? How many times has that not happened before?

Yes, but they were still friends and he could still count on her to help keep his secret, but now she is on the fence and she basically wants nothing to do with his Spider-man side and even his relation with her as Peter is on the rocky side. Just that if he doesn't do something soon, he might lose her altogether, all because of how Ock treated her after he broke up with her, yes he ended the relationship in a mature way, but his behaviour towards her afterwards was dismal and what I saw was a dismantling, granted not a complete dismantling, of a relationship that was great. Personally I'm not a fan of Anna, all I see is another complication that Peter would have to sort out because of Ock.

Like I said in a another thread

A thought, a, what I would consider a plausible one.

As I'm sure some of you have noticed/know, Mary Jane has distanced herself from Spider-man due to Ock's actions and his behaviour towards her, I'm beginning to feel that this is by design that they had this in mind since the reboot. all to have Carlie take her place as the woman in Peter's life, due to what they both went through. it's more likely they will never tell Mary Jane what was really going on in order to not burden her anymore in Peter's life as Spider-man and respect her decision, even though he didn't have a hand in what she went through.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Will you miss Superior Spider-Man?"

A-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *Slapping table* HAAAAA-HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

Wait, you're serious?

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ravisher

he was my favorite spiderman

Subject87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for alwaysthebigspoon
    AlwaysTheBigSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I will miss the Superior Spider-Man. Breath of fresh air (sorta). The change was nice and it brought out more stories to tell. I love a good tragedy/failure story. The title was ironic in a sense. It showed why almost no one can do what Parker does as Spider-Man. You can see Doc Ock's method but it doesn't work out in the long term. He's too full of himself.

I finally understood the reason for the double shipping/bi-monthly release. This series would've last longer than it should have with a single issue per month release and I'm pretty sure the peeps at Marvel anticipated the backlash. I'm guessing this was also (obviously) planned with the release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Avatar image for technobacon2014
    TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: Yo, Jon are interested in the Superheroes or not?

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll miss his awesome final costume. Give it to Pete dammit!

craymond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely. Though I knew from the beginning it wouldn't last the series was an excellent read, and to be honest I haven't been a committed reader in a long time for which I thank Dan Slott. And more I haven't been reading Spider-man since One More Day, and that in itself is a miracle for which I am grateful. I love Spider-Man again!

And the craziest part, I have new respect for Otto. He was an awesome Spider-Man. His ambitious war on crime was truly impressive. And though his ego was a problem you could see him becoming a better man all to moment he'd sacrificed himself. So yeah, I'll miss him. It was a fun ride. But Pete's back and now he's got one serious mess to clean up. I can't wait!

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think it was very creative of Marvel to do this. It was sad to see Parker comic- book-die and it was interesting to see how Superior really pushed what Spider Man could be with the tech. Now I think having Pete's life be a total wreck is enough to take us through another year AT LEAST of him trying to salvage what's left.

Hats off. Slott generated interest without cheap tricks. No matter what people thought of his content, they gotta admit that this was well thought out.

Avatar image for rowdyfromscrubs
    RowdyFromScrubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does this mean for Superior Foes of Spider-Man?

Lord_Pyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This story got me back into Marvel comics. I thought it was dumb how Ock won, but was intrigued by Ock as Spidey, so I read the first few issues and was immediately hooked. It was a fun wild ride, and I hope we haven't seen the last of Superior Spider-Man.

Plus I love when comics do things different. The main reason I hardly read any "big 2" anymore. It was a nice refreshing story.

symbiotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought I think 3 issues of Superior (the ones when Miguel returned). I've read most of them after their release. I never saw the appeal. I'm glad peter's back, although I can't get really excited about Slott writing the series.

Hermatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Hermatt

I will. It was a fun ride.

Although I don't think he'll be gone for good.

In some form or another Otto will be around.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Not at all. I disliked the concept of a villain defeating their nemesis and then being rewarded for it. Glad that's over.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By IDontLikeBirds

Yes. I love Spider-man and have read him for most of my 30+ life, but he got repetitive and predictable. I lost interest in him, but then Superior happened, and I was interested again, it was different. And to be honest, at times, he was a better Spider-man, or at least better at stopping crime (where as Peter didn't prevent crime, he merely reacted to it).

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yup.

sledgemeyers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By sledgemeyers

It's really sad for me since it's like losing Spider-Man all over again. I hadn't read for years before Slott jumped on and breathed life back into that book. I understand the yearning for some fans to want Peter back since he's the OG Spider-Man, but it really doesn't feel natural for heroes like him to stay the same for years like he has. The villains and environments grow and evolve just as much as the protagonists do and Superior Spider-Man proved that.

Some may not agree, but just like Bruce Wayne or Steve Rogers, Peter Parker should stay gone to keep the story interesting and grounded for that universe. The book isn't called, "The Amazing Peter Parker", it's "The Amazing Spider-Man". The theme is taking responsibility for your actions and one character can only embody that in interesting ways for so long.

That being said I'm still looking forward to seeing what happens. I want to know how they plan to reintroduce the character and spin (get it?) all these changes for him now that he's back. I'll likely be dropping ASM around issue two or three.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What else is new?

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71  Edited By Jenkale

will definitely miss him. im kinda over the spiral marvel does with spidey. successful, a bum, successful, a bum. its annoying and shows they dont know what to do with him. today's issue may be my last issue of spiderman for a while

Avatar image for invinciblevultrimidas14
    InVincibleVultrimidas14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I loved the series. I don't see why the hate for it. I'm a long time reader of amazing and to be honest Slott has been moving the character forward. The problems Peter had were still there but he gave a new twist. Peter lost a job that finally allowed him to use his God given gift, his intelligence. He didn't lose some low paying job. It always amazed me that he had his masters and never moved forward professionally. Now he has a company and he will face some difficulties that showcase the Parker luck. But when I look at what he has done on side of spider-man with every test he improved him. Spidey not too long ago lost his spider sense and he developed spider-fu, he no longer was dependent on his spider sense he could finally fight. Otto served a purpose with all the problems he may have laid to waste he did do alot of good. Peter is a Doctor now. Otto took a more "efficient" approach to being spider-man. But when you take a step back although Otto had a plan that worked for a short term, he was really the opposite extreme of Peter. Otto devoted himself to both his career and fighting crime. Really prioritizing what was and wasn't important to h, the end result was those closest to him were neglected. Peter on the other hand holds family, friends, and fighting crime important, which holds him back from doing more with himself. For what it really is Otto was better in some areas as spider-man whereas Peter is better in other areas. In my opinion even though Peter is the superior spider-man I personally think a nice middle ground between Ock and Peter would be the best. I hope the time Peter was on vacation he picked up one the positives from Ottos tactics. Even more so he realizes that he has not been living to the potential and that is because he is smarter than Otto.It bugs me when people claim that Slott hates spidey. His run has been one giant love letter to spidey. When you love a character you want them to progress, the Alpha arc reminded us of how special Peter is and what way he could have gone down a different path and how he could have seen the errors he caused and not been motivated to take the high road. Otto showed us that Peter was more than just intelligence or a power set it is his heart. So i welcome back Peter and say good bye to Spock he will be missed.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Hell no! The story IMO is a very highly overrated. The sooner this is forgotten the better if you ask me.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
    IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@micah: Thank you, I do hope more people realize Otto's greatness

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Otto had a good run, for sure. But Peter's return was inevitable. I just hope that Otto has learned from the experience.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#77  Edited By amazing_webhead
    Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.