Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Spider-Man Costume

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (44153 posts) 3 months, 30 days ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Spider-Man Costume (446 votes)

2099 6%
Bag-Man 2%
Black Suit 11%
Cosmic Spidey 0%
Ends of the Earth Armor (MK III) 4%
Future Foundation 7%
Iron Spider Armor 5%
Noir 6%
Scarlet Spider (Blue Hoodie) 8%
Spider-Armor (Silver) 1%
Stealth Costume 3%
Superior Spider-Man 13%
Symbiote 6%
The Classic (red and blue) 17%
Ultimate Spider-Man (Morales) 5%
Ultimate Spider-Man (Parker) 3%
Other (Specify below) 4%

Spider-Man may have a bad dose of "Parker luck" from time to time, but he clearly has none of that over here at Comic Vine. The webhead was voted as our very first Character of the Month (yes, that means he toppled Batman to earn the honor!) and just one of the many ways we're celebrating his victory is by making the Question of the Week all about him. We've already asked you about your favorite writer, villain, movie, and animated show, but this time, we want to know what your favorite Spidey costume is! We've placed 16 suits to the poll and, in the event your top look isn't on there, an "other" option has been added, too. If you do vote for other, please be sure to specify in the comments.

Sorry, but "Web Underwear Spider-Man" isn't on the poll.

Not 100% sure which suit will earn your vote? That's okay because you have a bit of time to make up your mind. Voting is open until Thursday morning (ET). Give this question some proper thought before selecting a favorite -- it's what Uncle Ben would want, after all. After you've decided on your #1 costume, tell us why you think it's the best one. Make the post awesome enough and there's a chance we'll highlight it in the results article. And if you want to go the extra mile, post an image of the costume you picked.

Feel free to make future Question of the Week suggestions in the comments below or via Twitter! Want to continue celebrating Spidey? Two of the hero's villains -- Doctor Octopus and Kraven -- are currently fighting in the Spider-Man Battle of the Week (go vote!) and we previously posted his Best Battles and Best Covers.

#1 Posted by bob808 (6775 posts) - - Show Bio

Noir

#2 Posted by TheDarkPacman (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Spidey, but i'm not his biggest up-to-date fan. Regardless, can someone explain the difference between the "Black Suit" and the "Symbiote"?

#3 Posted by DaltonMunnal (163 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what it is about that FF suit that is so damn cool, but it just is. While Spidey has plenty of suits that are cooler than others, I typically don't even pay attention to the costumes and the changes. I would have barely even noticed that Superior was in a new costume if others hadn't pointed it out. I don't notice when Batman's costume changes between different comics. I've barely even noticed Captain America's quite radical live action costume changes. Not because I'm particularly unobservant but because the costumes matter so little to me unless it's a seriously drastic change. And, man, does that FF suit just pop out and make me pay attention.

#4 Edited by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3132 posts) - - Show Bio

How do you not vote for Bag-Man?

#5 Edited by Xwraith (18187 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was younger, I liked the black suit and the armor, but now I just go with the classic red and blue.

#6 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted other for 1602. I also really like ultimate jessica drews costume if that counts

#7 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33417 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a toss up between noir, Scarlet Spider and Ben's Spider-Man Costume and Spidery 2099. I went with noir.

#8 Posted by reaperOnyx (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

Future foundation

#9 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7782 posts) - - Show Bio

There are a lot of great suits like Kaines Scarlet Spider suit, Ben's blue hoodie suit, the black suit/symbiote, but nothing says Spidey like the classic red and blue webhead suit. Got to go with the classic.

#10 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

I love them all.

#11 Edited by micah (1381 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior costume was boss

#12 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6174 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Spider.

#13 Posted by Spideyfan3160 (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpacman: when aunt May got shot because of peter revealing

His secret identity he wore a black cloth uniform instead of his red and blues.

#14 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

I dig the Superior Spider-man suit.

#15 Edited by tparks (5000 posts) - - Show Bio

There are a lot of great suits like Kaines Scarlet Spider suit, Ben's blue hoodie suit, the black suit/symbiote, but nothing says Spidey like the classic red and blue webhead suit. Got to go with the classic.

QFT.

Nominated for quote of the week!

I'm pretty sure my nomination means a lot.

#16 Posted by spidershamrock (1175 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic is my favourite but I like a lot of em: Scarlet, Symbiote, Ultimate Morales, 2099. Spidey has a great collection of costumes

#17 Posted by PunyParker (10937 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is there a classic red and blue,and an USM Peter Parker one?.....i mean,the only difference is the slightly altered nack spider on the ultimate suit......

So i voted USM Peter Parker! :P

#18 Edited by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Superior costume?

or

I like the first one with the subtle changes like the lenses, but I don't like the second one.

#19 Posted by PunyParker (10937 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Spidey, but i'm not his biggest up-to-date fan. Regardless, can someone explain the difference between the "Black Suit" and the "Symbiote"?

Visually nothing.
The Symbiote,is the black suit we all know,but it's the Venom Symbiote.The black goo that later bonds to Eddie Brock and he becomes Venom.
The "Black Suit" is the black suit we all know,but Peter made it with his bare hands,because he wanted to impress Black Cat at the time,cuz she liked the suit(it turned her on) ,and he kept it if he ever wanted a change.

#20 Edited by DrellAssassin (235 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a huge fan of the Superior suit.

#21 Posted by Rixec (371 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles Morales' costume.

#22 Edited by ScarletBatman (365 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Blacksuit/Symbiot

2. Future Foundation

3. Iron Spider

4. Scarlet Spider (hoddie)

5. Scarlet Spider (from the new series)

#23 Posted by TheCupcakeAvenger (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted for USM(Parker). No real difference between it and the classic but thought that Ultimate Peter was better than 616. Plus I like the huge, round eyes on the suit. But glad that the Classic red and blue is winning so far.

#24 Posted by Sighburr_Punk (221 posts) - - Show Bio

So many choices! I love them all! (Except Bag-Man) But my favorite would probably have to be the FF suit. I just love the stark white and black of it. Like Rorschach.

#25 Edited by Wardishy (709 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man has blessed with some truly awesome duds. I can't decide.

#26 Edited by jwalser3 (5020 posts) - - Show Bio

Clearly it's the Future Foundation.

#27 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21865 posts) - - Show Bio

I am torn between the original with underarm webs and the ben reilly hoodie. I also like the white future foundation suit if that's what it's called.

I voted hoodie

#28 Posted by JohnnyConstantine (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Hoodie Scarlet Spider. The most 90's of all costumes. Despite that, it has the classic spidey skintight suit but in all red with the closest pullover blue hoodie off the rack with a spider drawn on it and the sleeves torn off. It. Is. AWESOME. It may not make the most sense or sound that great in a description, but Scarlet Spider is my favorite costume.

#29 Posted by theodixon9 (542 posts) - - Show Bio

For me, the classic suit is and always will be the greatest. Although other costumes like "noir" look cool, I don't think of Spider-Man wearing any other outfits and the original fits what kind of superhero Peter is: a friendly neighborhood one. He may go through dark times but he should generally be that nice guy with powers who could talk to you without snarling (Wolverine's already taken this one) or growling (Batman's got this) and this suit represents that.

#30 Posted by Wolverine08 (42244 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't beat the classics.

#31 Posted by danhimself (22547 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben's Spider-Man costume

#32 Posted by neiliusprime (255 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Superior Spider-Man (first suit he wore)

2. Scarlet Spider (Blue Hoodie)

3. Symbiote Suit

4. Scarlet Spider (Kaine)

5. 2099

#33 Posted by Leave1942 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben's Spider-Man costume fo sho.

#34 Posted by Kerrigan (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic. It really is one of the best designs in comic book history, and at its inception one of the most original. The high-contrast black suit and white FF suit are pretty cool, and the Morales suit is nice.

Lots of great designs for Spidey.

#35 Posted by mightypug78 (347 posts) - - Show Bio

So hard to pick one. Each of them are so cool in their own way. If i had to pick the five coolest ones, in no particular order, it would be: end of earth armor, black suit, spidey 2099, classic, and SpOck.

#36 Posted by baneofdemon22 (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Black/Symbiote suit for me! I think it's my all time favorite costume in all fiction! And then the classic red and blue.

#37 Edited by CaptainGenisVell (298 posts) - - Show Bio

I chose other. Not sure why, but Final Costume always stays with me. Superior and Miles Morales were close though.

#38 Edited by pingclang (278 posts) - - Show Bio

No question.

#39 Posted by arw1985 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

While the original suit is fine, the black suit he wore just looked so cool.

#40 Posted by iaconpoint (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

For a character who has never ready had a bad look, I'll stick with the original.

#41 Edited by AmazingSpiderman15 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

#42 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

I chose other. Not sure why, but Final Costume always stays with me. Superior and Miles Morales were close though.

I'm with this guy: Why no Last Costume?

#43 Edited by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio
Stealth Suit (Red Variant)

#44 Posted by AmazingSpiderman15 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

@captaingenisvell said:

I'm with this guy: Why no Last Costume?

exactly the suit looks epic it is my second favourite after superior

#45 Edited by Knightsofdarkness2 (2278 posts) - - Show Bio

The symbiote suit, the superior spiderman suit, the ends of the earth suit, the miles morales suit, the stealth suit, scarlet spider suit (kaine), the noir suit, the classic suit and the final costume are the best but regardless I'm gonna vote for ends of the earth.

#46 Edited by specialmonkey7 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpacman: The black suit refers to a replica of the symbiote suit that Black Cat made for Peter after he broke free from it...

#47 Edited by Mucklefluga (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta be the classic, it's so iconic.

#48 Posted by Avilon (118 posts) - - Show Bio

I have just loved the Spiddy costume from 2099

#49 Posted by NICKXH (248 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's obvious. Don't you?

#50 Posted by Golden Cod (425 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd help to have images for each because I'm confused as to why the symbiote suit and black suit are listed as separate options...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.