Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Comic Book aging?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

So Spiderman was created in 1962, 64 years ago. At the time of receiving his powers, he was 16, so he should be 76, but he's only 28. This isn't just with spiderman though, its with comics in general. Do they slow the aging process down by once every 5 years or what? Also, if they do, how do they deal with this?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

However they want.

The whole Marvel U,since it was created,approximatelly 12-13 years have past.(comicbook years)

KaineReilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

How did you arrive at 1962 being 64 years ago? Unless I missed something

And yeah marvel uses a 'sliding timescale'

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spiderman1997

In the recent Amazing Spiderman 1 it refers to the Spider-bite as 13 years ago so Pete should be around 28 years old.

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

The Spider-Man 2 Enter Electro instruction manual (yeah I know, not very credible, but still, it) said he was in his mid-twenties and that was 2001. So he's probably close to his late twenties, early thirties by now. The only time I've seen Peter have a birthday was in issue #500 lol.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Spider-Man 2 Enter Electro instruction manual (yeah I know, not very credible, but still, it) said he was in his mid-twenties and that was 2001. So he's probably close to his late twenties, early thirties by now. The only time I've seen Peter have a birthday was in issue #500 lol.

he is 28 according to amazing spider-man #1 (2014)

Avatar image for highlandchicken
    HighlandChicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HighlandChicken

He was 15 in 1962, 52 years ago. He's 28 now, so the timeline has been 13 years. 52/13=4, so every 4 years in reality is 1 year in 616.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.