Civil War or Brand New Day?

#1 Edited by Lawson (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm planning on starting to read Amazing Spider-Man, and with nearly 600 issues, finding some where to start is giving me trouble.

Despite what some people may think of BND, is it a good place to start? Or should i go back to Civil War and Back in Black?

I know BND is a restart of sorts for the series, but does it carry on any further arcs, characters or plots that may cause me to get lost easily?

Overall it does seem like BND is a good place to start but from what I've already read of spidey's civil war arc, it looks to good to miss. Especially since I'm a New Avengers fan, and they both take off around the same time.

#2 Posted by G'bandit (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

You got to be kidding me... CW FTW

#3 Posted by SUNMAN (7374 posts) - - Show Bio
G'bandit said:
"You got to be kidding me... CW FTW
"

#4 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're going to read BND just start there. It retcons the important things that happened to Spidey in CW anyway. It's a pretty crap though, TBH.

#5 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6449 posts) - - Show Bio

Not for me.  I was kinda getting tired of the unmasked Spidey.  BND is good.

#6 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

You can start at BND and be fine. Around the Civil War and leading up to BND, Spider-Man was crap. BND is amazing.

#7 Posted by SUNMAN (7374 posts) - - Show Bio

Brand New Day is mediocre at best. Hopefully the Dark Reign tie ins will be good

#8 Edited by Lawson (16 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
Lawson said:
"

Despite the how the poll looks I think i'm leaning towards BND, less to read but would save me some money...

but but but...

http://www.comicvine.com/158709-civil-war/105-80016/

That's retconned in BND right?

"
Yes and no. The event happened, but nobody remembers who he was when he revealed himself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.