Check Out Marvel Select's Amazing Spider-Man and Lizard Packaging

Posted by G-Man (30614 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Select Toys is known for putting in a lot of detail into their action figures. Not only do they focus on the figures, but also the packaging. For The Amazing Spider-Man movie, they have a couple figures coming out, Spider-Man and Lizard.

It's always amazing how much they manage to cram into the packaging and it also serves as a way to display pretty much everything inside if you choose not to open the figure.

The Spider-Man figure comes with a wall-mounted awning for him to perch on. The Lizard, being a larger figure doesn't really have accessories (or need them) and will look great displayed next to Spidey.

== TEASER ==

The movie Lizard will be out in comic shops and online retailers next Wednesday with Spider-Man available in early June. Here's some more shots of the packaging. What do you think?

Staff
#1 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

I can already bet someone will never open the box to some of these figures, and just keep them in mint condition for years.

#2 Posted by IronAngelX (177 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm 22 years old and want to play with them...is that weird? lol jk

#3 Posted by deadpool25mm (576 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like a bus hit Lizard in the face.

#4 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpool25mm said:

It looks like a bus hit Lizard in the face.

It does!!! XD

#5 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

I get that they are trying for a more 'realistic' look - so his face is more human - but then why does he have huge claws and a tail? Pick one or the other - he's a scaly humanoid - or he's a giant lizard monster...

#6 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

STILL don't like Lizard's appearance...

#7 Posted by lastdrag0n89 (590 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha, the lizard looks like voldemort

#8 Edited by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is there a picture of the Thing in the back of the Lizard box?

#9 Posted by ravisher (669 posts) - - Show Bio

hate those gold eyes

but still good

#10 Posted by wmwadeii (3218 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77 said:

I can already bet someone will never open the box to some of these figures, and just keep them in mint condition for years.

Isn't that the point of a true "Toy Collector". I used to have action figures back when I was still young enough to play with them, but now I would be torn between taking them out for display and keeping them in the box. If only you could put them in a Plexi display case and keep their value up. I know it keeps the value higher than plain out of box but not as high as mint in box

#11 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@IronAngelX said:

I'm 22 years old and want to play with them...is that weird? lol jk

Hey, I wanna play with e'm too right now... weird... thats how excited I am for a new Spider-Man movie, after the Jazz-Dancing Peter incident of Spider-Man 3, and the broadway musical. At least this one will be good... well, we can only hope I guess.

#12 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey's eyes look redundant and a complete ripoff of Jack-O-Lantern and the Lizard looks castrated and has a face that looks like a bocci ball smashed into it. 

I'll be saving my hard earned cash for the Avenger's Hulk figure instead.

#13 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Should have used the Iguana instead of the Lizard - looks terrible x 2

#14 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

Not loving the way Lizard looks in this style...I liked him in the previews ive seen for the movie but now im not sure. HURM!

#15 Posted by Master_Thief (691 posts) - - Show Bio

where's that LABECOAT

#16 Posted by Nefilim927 (357 posts) - - Show Bio

The new look isn't the worst thing in the world but the Lizard needs a snout....and a lab coat!

#17 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

These toys look awful, the previews of the movie are what you should use to base your opinion on their looks though.. not some crappy toys. Also if you watched the trailers you'd know there is a labcoat, but realistically if you became a lizard monster would you honestly be that concerned with keeping your torn to shit labcoat on..? I wouldn't.

#18 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, but when you told us to refrain from saying "Check out Spider-Man's package"...I just had to include this...

All joking aside, those aren't the best figures I've seen before :/

#19 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

These kinda make me wish I was like 9 again. :P

#20 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh... that lizard, just...ugh... :/

#21 Posted by jonnystorm777 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eyz: Agreed, his face looks messed up.

#22 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't like the toys ..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.