Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Carnage comics?

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hi guys, new to marvel universe. Hate them for having a bunch of BS spin offs and restarts, which is why I never read anything marvel. With that being said I have finally decided to try and read something from Marvel. Carnage is awesome, Is there any arcs I should buy and read that involve crnage? How is superior carnage?? Another "short spin off" but I am willing to buy and read that. Any future plans with carnage that you guys know of? Hows the marvel NOW stuff? I also heard they are getting rebooted as well, so is it even worth buying those things, or should I wait until Marvel Now NOW (version 2.0) release next year?

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I kind of want to make a comment back about "Hate them for having a bunch of BS spin offs and restarts" because, y'know. Marvel seems like the more tame of the big two in that department. That being said, I have a ew.

Maximum Carnage, obviously is pretty good.

Carnage USA was another really good one, shows how menacing he can be.

I'll try to post up more when I can think about them.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

1. I don't think you understand what a reboot is.

2. Superior Carnage hasn't been that great imo.

3. Marvel Now! has been great imo, but if you don't want to catch up on everything just wait for ANMN.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@al_capown: Marvel NOW and Marvel NOW 2 aren't reboots

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

someone has been feeding you bad information on Marvel lol

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats just the impression I get from them. So when is the new marvel NOW 2.0 releasing? Jan 2014? Ill look into those carnage mini series. Currently hunting his 1st app in ASM 361. Gonna go check hastings today for carnage mini series comics and check my LCS's later this week.

So if Marvel NOW 2 aint a reboot, why cancel the current runs? Someone care to tell me whats going on with tit? Like is superiors spider man getting rebooted or will it "continue" with Now 2.0 with like title 24 or something?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thats just the impression I get from them. So when is the new marvel NOW 2.0 releasing? Jan 2014? Ill look into those carnage mini series. Currently hunting his 1st app in ASM 361. Gonna go check hastings today for carnage mini series comics and check my LCS's later this week.

So if Marvel NOW 2 aint a reboot, why cancel the current runs? Someone care to tell me whats going on with tit? Like is superiors spider man getting rebooted or will it "continue" with Now 2.0 with like title 24 or something?

the only books I know of getting new number ones are Fantastic Four and Captain Marvel

Rebooted means starting over from the very beginning like with what DC did with the New 52...all continuity is erased and the characters start from ground zero

Marvel Now is just a relaunch...with Marvel Now they had a ton of creators switch to new books....like Bendis moving from the Avengers to the X-men and Fraction moving from the X-men to the Fantastic Four...a lot of those creators had been on their books for so long that switching was a big deal so Marvel decided to give them all new number 1's...all of the continuity from before Marvel Now still stands....the new number 1's were just easier starting points for new readers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think you know the difference (and there's a big one) between spin-offs and mini-series.

Plus theres everything else everyone else said above me.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Get maximum carnage its the best of cletus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

In all honesty, most of Carnage's appearances really aren't that great, and I'm a pretty big Spidey fan. Venom is a more well-developed and interesting character.

The best Carnage story is Amazing Spider-Man issues 361-363, which you can find in the Spider-Man: Vengeance of Venom trade. I definitely recommend reading that. It's one of my favorite Spidey stories, too.

Maximum Carnage is the most well-known Carnage story, and I have to admit, it's not that good. A lot of people seem to like it, but to me, it's an overly long mess with almost no substance. A lot of people will tell you that '90s comics aren't that good, and Maximum Carnage gives you an idea of why. If you're really curious about Carnage, definitely pick it up, but just don't expect anything deep. Also expect it to have some dumb, cheesy moments. It's the story that caused me to dislike Carnage, so proceed with caution.

I've heard Carnage: Family Feud and Venom vs Carnage aren't too bad, but I've never read them.

Dooderotica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Superior Carnage started off bold and with potential, but is now a huge dissapointment for me.

Maximum Carnage is essential.

If you're looking for more recent Carnage I would recommend Carnage U.S.A, Carnage: Family Feud, and Minimum Carnage.

Those three mini series, especially Family Feud, have amazing artwork as well. Would suggest getting the hardcover if you're into that.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well guys lets just say starting all titles at a number 1 might piss off alot of people cough new52 but its alot easier to jump in when everything has started brand new, not some half assed reset button called marvel now

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VeganDiet

You can pick up Carnage's first big storyline in the "Vengeance of Venom" trade. This trade also comes with a bunch of awesome Venom stories and is pretty cheap considering how many issues are in it. I know you're looking specifically for Carnage, but I'm pretty sure that's the only recent tpb of his first storyline.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@mrgreenlantern: >Implying the new 52 isn't a half assed reset button

This. It seems like the New 52 keeps a lot of old continuity, but changes it and makes it up as it goes along.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.