Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Carlie Cooper finding out spider-man

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Aeroman

I've been thinking what do you think is going to happen when Carlie finds out Peter is spider-man? Because she works in the police department and she might put two and two together.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedK

she can't put two and two together, people can only know if he tells them due to the deal he made with mephisto, even DD couldn't make out his face with his abilitys

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @RedK said:

" she can't put two and two together, people can only know if he tells them due to the deal he made with mephisto, even DD couldn't make out his face with his abilitys "

I believe that applies strictly to people that already knew before hand, save for Mary Jane. Hence why Peter himself feared Carlie could indeed discover his identity in the most recent Amazing Spider-Man issue.
    Thrilhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Thrilhouse

I think both of you made good points.  I think it's the comics that are conflicting on this.  

It's pretty safe to say that practically everyone knew; he had been registered.  She has a hand in law enforcement, she probably did keep up with registered heroes. So she shouldn't be able to figure it out. However, peter did say he needed to be more careful around her with his secret or else she would.

BoyWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BoyWonder

With Marvel Recently promising that they had plans to take spider-man away from the constant life shattering Drama, and keep it more simple with him having a happier life, I think we might luck out for a little while at least.

But I think his co-workers might be the bigger problem, having spidey around the place all the time, and im sure we will see Peter working on some Spidey ideas, possibly the new costume at work?! I mean how long will it take a team of Geniuses to figure it out.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Aeroman said:
    "Because she works in the police department and she might put two and two together. "
    Lois was a world renowned & celebrated investigative reporter... how many decades did it take her to figure out why Clerk & Superman were never in the same room together? ;)
    Prims777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6  Edited By Prims777
    @BoyWonder: You bring up a good point. I don't think Carlie will be finding out anytime soon, especially since Peter is stashing his spidey stuff at work.
    Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Icon
    @Prims777 said:
    " @BoyWonder: I don't think Carlie will be finding out anytime soon, especially since Peter is stashing his spidey stuff at work. "
    True, and I hope he doesn't reveal his identity to her (putting her into a potential conflict of interest) unless they become quite serious. 
    BSOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BSOD

They'll let it continue a while yet, he's only just started the new job and there are promos of him in  a new costume yet . So we'll probably get a few arcs with just close shave jokes. 

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hamz

I don't see Carlie sticking around for long enough to figure it out on her own myself.  

Norah on the other hand is the one I feel will figure it out eventually. I already get that odd Lois/Clark vibe between her and Peter as it is.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By movieartman
    @Hamz:
    nahh norah is gonna be too busey screwing around on her boyfreind with phil urich THE HOBGOBLIN
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Perry White is considered the greatest investigator of his time, and Commissioner Gordon is near Batman level in detective skills they have never figured anything out. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.