Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Can Spiderman punch through titanium?

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
    NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Can he? For example, let's say he was surrounded by a gang of thugs wearing titanium armor. Can he penetrate their armor?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes easily

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he had to probably, I haven't any scans to prove this though, never really seen Spidey try to pierce metal with his fists. Although he surely moves faster than sound and is a 20-40 tonner, should probably easily be able to generate that much force.

quantum-savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: wait wait wait, faster than sound? I mean yeah I know he can blitz a lot of characters but speed of sound , really?

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: wait wait wait, faster than sound? I mean yeah I know he can blitz a lot of characters but speed of sound , really?

Think about it, in combat he moves fast enough so that bullets, which move faster than sound seem to be moving in slow motion to him, it's been said he could casually catch or redirect bullets in flight if he wanted to but because he isn't invulnerable and the bullets still possess their real impact potential just slowed compared to him, he chooses not to, the one time he did he hurt his hand.

As for punching through Titanium, depends on how thick an inch or so... easily, thicker with some difficulty but titanium isn't that strong compared to the fictional metals such as carbonadium which BTW he has ripped through with some effort. He's strong enough to literally rip the armor off Tony Stark's back if his force field isn't up.

quantum-savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuckwolf: i guess that does make sense but that seems more like reaction speed , or if that is raw speed its pretty inconsistent with the comics because if he could move THAT fast he'd be crushing just about anybody (not that he already doesn't it would just be much easier)

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuckwolf: i guess that does make sense but that seems more like reaction speed , or if that is raw speed its pretty inconsistent with the comics because if he could move THAT fast he'd be crushing just about anybody (not that he already doesn't it would just be much easier)

He's got the physical advantage on almost anyone on Earth, Supes has that kind of speed in comics but gets hit by street-levelers and the sort very often. It's for the sake of the story that Spidey gets tagged.

Raizell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Like others said depends on thickness of titanium armor,he already broke carbonadium so why not.

Parasyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's Iron Man he's punching than no.

quantum-savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: I'm convinced especially if Hulk can run at 300+ mph then why not Spiderman

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no scans?

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Easily. He probably wouldn't even notice it.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I don't know if he could smash through it, prob make dints thoughs

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Probably

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.