Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Can Someone Explain?

Spiderfan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi, I am kinda new to comics and I started reading spider-man comics from BND. I only read spider-man comics and nothing else. So, in Nov 2014 Dan Slott posted a teaser with Peter , MJ and their child and after some research, I found out that it is related to "Secret Wars" and I found that "Everything Ends" is related to "Secret Wars" and "Time Runs Out" is related to "Everything Ends". So can someone explain to me how are they all related and should I read the current event ("Time Runs Out") to understand it?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Hi, I am kinda new to comics and I started reading spider-man comics from BND. I only read spider-man comics and nothing else. So, in Nov 2014 Dan Slott posted a teaser with Peter , MJ and their child and after some research, I found out that it is related to "Secret Wars" and I found that "Everything Ends" is related to "Secret Wars" and "Time Runs Out" is related to "Everything Ends". So can someone explain to me how are they all related and should I read the current event ("Time Runs Out") to understand it?

Secret Wars is gonna be a massive event,and it will influence all Marvel books ,including Spider-Man obviously.

Spiderfan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Do I have to read "Everything Ends" and "Time Runs Out" to understand Secret Wars?

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By BatWatch

I'm not up on current comics or Marvel, but I do read articles on ComicVine and I've read a lot of comics.

I think Secret Wars is a big event that will address some alternate universe/timeline stories which will revisit in new ways some of Marvel's previous big events.

For clarity, an "event" is something like Axis, a story arc that has one main story line but intersects and crosses over with many or all comic books from a given company, in this case Marvel.

Everything Ends and Time Runs Out are, I think, just teaser art for the upcoming Secret Wars. If you want to know more about those teasers, just buy Secret Wars and and Spider-Man tie-ins to Secret Wars when they come out.

Also, Secret Wars is not the same thing as Secret War or Secret War II. Those are earlier events.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker: Do I have to read "Everything Ends" and "Time Runs Out" to understand Secret Wars?

No,i dont think so.

Spiderfan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.