Can he survive a shotgun?

#1 Posted by MrShway88 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

So I was reading the last issue of the mini-series Punisher: Warzone (which was awesome) and during the final fight Punisher shoots Spiderman point blank range in the chest with a shotgun. Later it was discovered that the pellets were rubber because Punisher didn't want to kill him. So could this actually kill him?

#2 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

From that range? Ol' good Pete would be blast in pieces.

#3 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#4 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6503 posts) - - Show Bio

No of course not. He's survived explosions, Gobby's most lethal weapons and getting crushed. A shotgun blast would hardly even hurt him.

#5 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14946 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know....

#6 Posted by Strider92 (16727 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: I'm here!!!!!!

It would depend on where it hit. For example Pete has healed gunshots and broken bones over night and recovered from blindness in only a few minutes. As long as the gun didn't completely destroy an organ like his heart then he would probably be instantly KO'd but would most likely recover from it in a day or so. If however it destroyed his heart, brain or anything that is absolutely crucial to him not dying then he would die.

So to answer the question he could survive it depending on where the pieces of shot hit and the severity of the damage.

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

He would die if the bullet goes or touches his heart but if it doesn't reach an organ then he wouldn't die.

#8 Posted by consolemaster001 (5817 posts) - - Show Bio

not sur i could say any differen't from others but

He probably can depending on where it hit him

#9 Posted by MrShway88 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26: In the issue Spiderman did state that it hurt like hell and he was out of the fight for most of it afterwards.

#10 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7366 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrShway88: I don't think it was a regular shotgun.

#11 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man has thick skin.A shotgun wouldn't blow him but it would still hurt and he can survive it.

#12 Posted by warewolf577 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrShway88: He has been shot in the shoulder and foot from a distance from what i know, and it looked like it hurt alot. He was woozy and walking crooked.

What makes you think a shotgun point blank would do nothing?

#13 Posted by Bogey (948 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool blew off Spiderman's head with a handgun. I'm afraid a shotgun would do worse.

#14 Posted by consolemaster001 (5817 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bogey said:

Deadpool blew off Spiderman's head with a handgun. I'm afraid a shotgun would do worse.

That was PIS

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.