CALLING IT NOW - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN MOVIE... will suck.
1) The Lizard and Proto Goblin alone are not enough of a threat for Spider-Man, who can taunt them while swinging overhead, web them from above, climb away from them, etc. There should be a supervillain handler using the Lizard, ala Callisto in "Spider-Man".
2) Both are feral, ground-based assailants (Dr. Connors, too, when he is the Lizard loses his mind a bit) not a mental threat to a high-school, high-climbing whiz kid.
3) Lizard makeup FX (and especially Proto FX) won't be good enough to inspire fear or be believable.
4) Spider-Man's costume was made in the texture-fetishist style, way overboard and busy, eyes too small.
5) Introducing Gwen means her dad, Captain Stacy, will be involved - taking up more time that could have been devoted to adding one (just ONE, Spider-Man 3...!) other handler villain, or building up Peter.
My favorite character, but I call it: the film will SUCK - even though I <3 Emma Stone.
Ugh... Boots, gloves, tiny eyes, suit - looks like all of them were unfinished rushes for an art class project. Web shooters are great, but despite the good cast, the handwriting is on the wall, as it was for Spider-Man 3... ESPECIALLY NOW that we can see the direction the Lizard is taking:
Not this, or even this...
>> sob <<
I'm sorry, Spidey, but I wouldn't count on getting a cameo in the Avengers movies...