Bruce Campbell Might Have A Bigger Role In Spider-Man 4

• 56 results
Posted by G-Man (34944 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of us love Bruce Campbell.  With Sam Raimi directing the Spider-Man movies, Bruce has put in cameos in all the films.  His cameos are almost becoming as important as Stan Lee's, at least in the Spider-Man movies.  Part of the fun (at least for me) in watching the movies is waiting to see where Bruce will pop up next.  Will he appear in the next Spider-Man movie?

It turns out the chances are pretty good.  In fact, he may have a bigger role than he's had before.  Campbell recently told Access Hollywood that he's been told he has a "major part" except he just doesn't know what the part is yet.

We still haven't heard details about the plot.  For now, we can only speculate as to what part Campbell will have.  Will it be just another cameo or could he possibly getting a bigger role (like Mysterio).  Filming for Spider-Man 4 begins in January 2010.  Perhaps we'll get some information before then.  The movie is set to be released in May 2011.

Do you want Bruce Campbell to have a bigger role?  Do you think he could add to the overall movie or do you think it should just be another cameo?
Staff
#1 Posted by camodude (193 posts) - - Show Bio

ok with him being everywere and all i say hes going to be Chameleon and it would explain the cameos
#2 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

If hes in it id buy it .i still say hed done tony stark justice.hes done some serious roles  .an has bit more depth as a actor than people give him credit for.roles tho he does seem to enjoy makeing fun of his "star" persona or the industry in genral.
#3 Posted by HarryF25 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

if it is a larger role it should be a villain, but if it isn't he should stick to the cameos 

#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Bruce in the movie more. More than one scene anyway. I dunno if they'd make him a villain though, I'm sure he could do it but if they make him a villain we won't keep getting cameos in future Spider-Man movies....if there are going to be any more anyway.

#5 Edited by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio

There was a rumor a long time ago that one of the endings that had been filmed for an "after the credits" piece in Spider-Man 3 would have Bruce Campbell tinkering away at a table in a not-so-well-lit room, and then seeing a nametag or something to that effect that read "Quentin Beck".   Then again, said footage has never surfaced.

So...who knows?

#6 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio
@jakob187:
Quentin Beck?
#7 Posted by G-Man (34944 posts) - - Show Bio
@NagolNuff said:
" @jakob187: Quentin Beck? "
Mysterio.
Staff
#8 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man:
o ok i like spidey but i'm not a fan or nething lol hopefully if they do make another it's better than the third one which waas crammed and didn't know the symbiote didi not only make you evil but emo lol 

i almost died when he did the hair scene
#9 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

i like bruce hope he does getter a bigger part :D
#10 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he'd be perfect for Mysterio. I definitely want to see him have a bigger part in SM4.

#11 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
@NagolNuff said:
" i almost died when he did the hair scene "
It was better than his saturday night fever dance :p
#12 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

He's been funny in the past. I'd like to see more from him.

#13 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio
@camodude said:
" ok with him being everywere and all i say hes going to be Chameleon and it would explain the cameos "
lol, yea that would be pretty funny.
#14 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

They should just give him the role of Peter Parker. Don't explain it or retcon it, just have him replace Tobey McGuire.

#15 Posted by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio
@camodude said:
"ok with him being everywere and all i say hes going to be Chameleon and it would explain the cameos "

I like your line of thinking.  It IS possible, isn't it?  I keep reading over and over though that Campbell may be Mysterio.  
However if he does show up as Mysterio I have a feeling they'd purposely have him as a 2-bit loser villain, not unlike the Mysterio from the comics. Mysterio has caused probs for Spidey despite his fish bowl.  I think he will show up as a thorn in Spidey's side and be comedic relief.   
Not that I'd complain, because that's been Campbell's schtick for some time.  
#16 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd laugh if he becomes Kraven. One of the producers for the new film said he wanted to have Kraven as the main villain. 
Campbell should have a cameo again. But maybe a bigger cameo than before. o he appears in more than one scene.
#17 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Sam needs to spend less time plugging his friend and more time creating a film that isn't the same film as the one before it.

#18 Posted by Deadstroke (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Campbell as Mysterio = Epic Win

#19 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

If Bruce Campbell is Mysterio, then the movie will be an instant classic. Bruce is a god. My favorite actor ever! Plus, the role fits very well.
#20 Posted by wadey wilson (52 posts) - - Show Bio
@jefprice:

well, he is kind of plugging his friend, but the results of plugging his friend have been amazing. His roles are funny, and about creating a movie that isn't the same as the one before it, I think he learned his lesson. (or at least we hope he did)
#21 Edited by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio
@wadey wilson: I hope the studios have learned their lesson and don't try to force raimi to put something he didn't think would fit.
#22 Posted by War Killer (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

He seems more like Shocker to me, but Mysterio would be cool too

#23 Posted by SuperXAsh (510 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Mysterio, Kraven.... 

or Lance Bannon, one of the DB's photographers. :P

#24 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

CAN we finally make Bruce a main villain in this please? I maybe perhaps as Mysterio? Though I doubt it will happen.
#25 Posted by The Psyentist (17734 posts) - - Show Bio

More Bruce! <3

#26 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio
@SuperXAsh: The person who HAS to play Kraven is Gerald Butler.  He looks l just like him with the beard.
#28 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

So Mysterio might be the Spider-Man 4 villain? Nice.

#29 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio
@wadey wilson said:
" @jefprice: well, he is kind of plugging his friend, but the results of plugging his friend have been amazing. His roles are funny, and about creating a movie that isn't the same as the one before it, I think he learned his lesson. (or at least we hope he did) "
I've liked them all, but I've felt like I was watching a version of the one before it with each new one. Lol
#30 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3556 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @NagolNuff said:
" @jakob187: Quentin Beck? "
Mysterio. "
I don't know. How do you figure he could of known who Quentin Beck is? You would need some kind of site that could show you that kind of information.................... Wait a minute!! There is one! lol
#31 Posted by NightFang (10074 posts) - - Show Bio

Its about time he get's a bigger role.

#32 Posted by haru kaguya (12 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be cool if He reprised his role of Ash from evil dead as kind of a sign for like a marvel zombies movie it makes me sad cause I know it'll never happen
#33 Posted by Darkchild (40677 posts) - - Show Bio

I want him to be Mysterio it would be awesome

#34 Posted by ENGLENTINE (451 posts) - - Show Bio

When you say plugging his friend do you mean....?  Oh wait, now I get it. Like advertising pug, okay. 

I would love to see him as Mysterio also 

#35 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

start over from scratch, i never liked mcguire or dunst as parker and mj and 3 just confirmed my hatred with his little emo routine

#36 Posted by King Saturn (224265 posts) - - Show Bio
Bruce Campbell is Awesome... 
#37 Posted by Clever Disguise (11 posts) - - Show Bio

lol. you all have watched the end credits and looked next to the name Bruce Cambell, yes?

#38 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce is the man. I neednt hear more. I want it.

#39 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Electro....Please!

#40 Posted by NamelessHenchman (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard he might play Stan Lee.

#41 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Burce for Mysterio or Lizard

#42 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

or maybe shocker?

#43 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio
@camodude:

YES great idea.  But no matter the how i am happy to see him get more time. I know he may not be the best actor but he is good on screen. And toy know i loved Brisco County and MOONTRAP !!
#44 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2089 posts) - - Show Bio

2011! We have to wait that long

#45 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

If Bruce was given the role of Mysterio, and the movie was GOOD, the sins of "Spider-Man 3" would almost be forgiven...

...Almost.

#46 Posted by AirDave817 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see him as Mysterio or Chameleon.

#47 Posted by MrCipher (276 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a huge Bruce Campbell fan. He is the reason I started watching Burn Notice. I'm interested to see what Sam Raimi will do with him in the next Spider-Man film.
#48 Edited by Red Rum (357 posts) - - Show Bio

If Mysterio is the main villain (regardless of who's playing him), they should stay away from a sympathetic origin story, making him evil for evil's sake:

The Goblins and Dr. Octopus were nuts, and Sandman was trying to pay for his daughter's medicine, so 4 baddies you eventually feel sorry for is too much. Venom, who was praying to God to kill Spider-Man for ruining his photojournalism career, was a good start. 

If they do use Campbell for Mysterio, they could explain that Mysterio disguised himself as the ring announcer, theater bouncer, and French maitre'd, to commit crimes or elude the police and Spider-Man.

Other possible Villains:
Electro
Lizard
Carnage
The Maggia

Here's a picture of existing and possible character designs: 
http://vicariou5.deviantart.com/art/SPIDERMAN-ROGUES-GALLERY-122173921

#49 Posted by CrimsonComedian (328 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Bruce Campbell. He was awesome in the Evil Deads. And now he's in Burn Notice... kind of let himself go though lol.
I think he deserves a bigger role. The two have worked together before, and looked how well that turned out. Hell, he might even make the Spider-Man movies good if he had a bigger role. I think the only good parts of 2 of the Spider-Man movies was in the 2nd one, when he stopped Peter going into the theatre. Then the as the french receptionist guy. That was pretty funny.

#50 Posted by Blue Star Warrior (11 posts) - - Show Bio

His role in Spider Man 3 was probably the best part of that Movie... I think giving him a bigger role in the next movie would be a good thing, but I also think that he probably shouldn't be like the Main Villain..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.