Best Spidey story arc ever?

#1 Posted by Metal Head (112 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe there isn't a thread yet for your favorite Spider-Man story arcs. I've got a few to help get things rolling:

1. Death of Jean DeWollf.

The Sin Eater saga was quite the departure from happy-go-lucky Spidey tales and it was refreshing to see how shocked and realistic Peter responded to the death of his friend.

1. Kraven's Last Hunt

Mike Zeck's artwork helped bring this multi-title crossover together. Somewhat silly overall idea but executed quite well. Sad little tale.

1. Spider-Man vs. Wolverine one-shot

Weird one-shot that revealed the Hobgoblin's origin (which was soon changed). Again, Spidey's wayyy out of his element. But great interaction between him and Wolvie.

1. Roger Stern's Amazing Spider-Man run.

Tons of great stories in his run on Spidey in the early 200s I believe. One of my favs is the two-part "Nothing Stops the Juggernaut". Good good stuff.

So what else am I missing? (And if anyone says the "Clone Saga," I'll clock you. Yes, that means you, G-Man!)

-Andrew

#2 Posted by venomjr (243 posts) - - Show Bio

1) introduction of Venom (eddie brock)

2) Spiderman: Torment

3) introduction of Carnage

4) Maximum Carnage

5) death of Harry Osborn

#3 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

Death of Gwen Stacy.

#4 Posted by G-Man (34123 posts) - - Show Bio

Metal Head says:

"I can't believe there isn't a thread yet for your favorite Spider-Man story arcs. I've got a few to help get things rolling:1. Death of Jean DeWollf.The Sin Eater saga was quite the departure from happy-go-lucky Spidey tales and it was refreshing to see how shocked and realistic Peter responded to the death of his friend.2. Kraven's Last HuntMike Zeck's artwork helped bring this multi-title crossover together. Somewhat silly overall idea but executed quite well. Sad little tale.3. Spider-Man vs. Wolverine one-shotWeird one-shot that revealed the Hobgoblin's origin (which was soon changed). Again, Spidey's wayyy out of his element. But great interaction between him and Wolvie.4. Roger Stern's Amazing Spider-Man run.Tons of great stories in his run on Spidey in the early 200s I believe. One of my favs is the two-part "Nothing Stops the Juggernaut". Good good stuff.So what else am I missing? (And if anyone says the "Clone Saga," I'll clock you. Yes, that means you, G-Man!)-Andrew"

I guess I'll just keep quiet.

But another of my favorites is the whole Hobgoblin saga. I loved that. Is he Flash Thompson? Is he Lance Bannon? Is he J Jonah Jameson? That was a good one. Just because he started working out and carrying around a gym bag.

But since you mentioned the clone saga, the Scarlet Spider was mentioned in Thunderbolts. Supposedly someone is running around using that name. It was mentioned to Osborn. Ben is not dead!!!!

Staff
#5 Posted by Liverwurst (881 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just an individual issue and it isn't quite my favorite but I have to mention Spectacular Spider-Man #200

#6 Posted by Metal Head (112 posts) - - Show Bio

was that the Harry Osborn issue with his family? I think it had a holographic cover?

#7 Posted by Liverwurst (881 posts) - - Show Bio

Metal Head says:

"was that the Harry Osborn issue with his family? I think it had a holographic cover?"

Yeah, the death of Harry, I just really liked the issue.

#8 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the best Spider-Man story arc is death of jean dewolffe cus it featured the isane sin eater

#9 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the clone saga was as bad as everyone says. I quite liked the whole Aunt May finding out/ Morlun as a recent story. Am I alone in thinking that John Romita Jr. is overrated though?

#10 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I like the Spidey adventures where he's taken out of his element and has to adjust to fighting enemies who would ordinarily ruin Parker.

Fer instance...

Marvel Team Up with Thing, during the second Thanos War. It was up to Spidey and Thing to rescue the Avengers who were trapped by Thanos on a Spaceship!! Totally out of his element there, and quite a good read.

Also, Spider-Man #17 where he faces Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet and Mistress Death! Another great read.

While in his own element... I've always been impressed with the Kraven: Last Hunt storyline. Left for dead and being impresonated by Kraven? Brilliant!

#11 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the clone saga and maxamium carnage

#12 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven's Last Hunt is cool, and The Death of Gwen Stacey is shocking. I just wish the Green Goblin would have stayed dead.

#13 Posted by Vex (12 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Death of the Stacey's. (Gwen and Captain Stacey)

2. Introduction of Venom.

3. Kraven's last hunt.

4. Introduction to Carnage.

#14 Posted by Tek Pa (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey vs. the Juggernaut

Awesome art, John Romita, Jr. drew the best Spiderman
Post Edited:2007-07-20 03:20:27

#15 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Death of Gwen Stacy

2. Maximum Carnage

3. Creating of Venom

4. Kraven's Last Hunt

5. Morlun Story

6. Back In Black (Amazing)

Oh, btw, I think Todd Mcfarlane drew the best MJ and Spider-Man not Peter. But Strascynki is a good writer.

#16 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"1. Death of Gwen Stacy 2. Maximum Carnage 3. Creating of Venom 4. Kraven's Last Hunt 5. Morlun Story 6. Back In Black (Amazing) Oh, btw, I think Todd Mcfarlane drew the best MJ and Spider-Man not Peter. But Strascynki is a good writer."

good choice

#17 Posted by Evil Spider-man (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Sins Pasts

Skin deep

The Other

Back in Black

#18 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Evil Spider-man says:

"Sins Pasts Skin deep The Other Back in Black"

I forgot about The Other. Thank you for reminding me.

#19 Posted by The Liberator (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Romita Jr. do those Juggernaut covers? I thought that he was younger than that...

#20 Posted by Maxmachine (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I´ll go with these stories: 1.-Kraven´s Last Hunt, because it gave Kraven the respect he needed as a regular villain in Spider-Man. 2.-Who killed Jean De Wolff? He works with Daredevil,(one of my favorite superheroes).For the first time, it was an adult storyline for spidey, and finds out that Matt Murdock is Daredevil, creating a solid friednship with Hornhead.Not to mention the way he reacted towards the death of his friend. 3.- The Night Gwen Stacy died. It was a shocker on it´s time, something never seen. Before that, superheroes were like untouchable, nothing bad ever happened to them. This storyline changed everything. 4.- Parallel lives. Although it was a graphic novel, it was very touching, and the idea of MJ knowing that peter was Spidey, was not a common situation, it took me by surprise, at least me. 5.- Back in Black. Spider-Man in all the sense of the word, economical problems, Aunt May dying, Spidey looking for the bad guy and kicking his butt, what else can i say?.
Post Edited:2007-12-16 13:52:01
Post Edited:2007-12-16 13:55:35

#21 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

The death of Spiderman....what not yet? damn

#22 Posted by Sheep-Kill (617 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Maximume Carnage

1. Six Arm Saga

2. The intro of Venom

3. Inferno Cross over

4. First issues with Hobgoblin

#23 Posted by paranormal (43 posts) - - Show Bio

1-Kraven's Last Hunt

2-Ultimate Spider-man's Power and Responsability

3-The Night Gwen Stacy Died

4-The Death of Cpt.Stacy

5-Spider-man: Blue

#24 Posted by paranormal (43 posts) - - Show Bio

1-Kraven's Last Hunt

2-Ultimate Spider-man's Power and Responsability

3-The Night Gwen Stacy Died

4-The Death of Cpt.Stacy

5-Spider-man: Blue

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.