The Night Gwen Stacy Died

#5 Posted by G-Man (18855 posts) - - Show Bio

One more day...

Ha, just kidding.

Staff
#6 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

The last Kraven story or Maximum Carnage

#7 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

The Reign was pretty cool. The McFarlane's story of Venom's birth and stuff was pretty sweet too.

#8 Posted by spider2dfly (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man: the other

definitely, THE OTHER!!

#9 Posted by Thorax The Impaler (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#10 Posted by Thorax The Impaler (5 posts) - - Show Bio

The WeatherMan says:

"The Reign was pretty cool. The McFarlane's story of Venom's birth and stuff was pretty sweet too.1 "

Reign was depressing...really depressing, but it was good...and probably one of mine too.

#11 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

i know people will disagree like heck with me on this but i got to say the clone saga just cause that's the first arc of comics i read

#12 Posted by spidey 15 (17693 posts) - - Show Bio

The other, American son and civil war!!!!!!!!!!!!
#13 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

Back in Black

#14 Posted by Yugen (21 posts) - - Show Bio

ultimate

#15 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

The Other and ultimate

#16 Posted by -Eclipse- (7537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
"Back in Black "

I first started collecting ASM and comics in general at the beginning of that arc. So I definitely have a soft spot for that story.

Of all the Spidey stories I've read during BND, I've loved the Joe Kelly written stories (specifically the return of Hammerhead, with Chris Bachalo) the initial three issue story that introduced BND, with Slott and McNiven, the story arc with Raptor, Kane, Ben Reilly and all that jazz, the 'Power to the People' arc, with the return of Electro... I've loved the majority of BND, tbh, I'm just picking out particularly awesome stories, lol

#17 Posted by eserrano05 (138 posts) - - Show Bio

the jackal it introduced us to the punisher
#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34908 posts) - - Show Bio

Power and Responsibility  

#19 Posted by Tigerstriper (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven's Last Hunt, Maximum Carnage

#20 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

One more day...

Ha, just kidding.

Best of Spiderman (as of thus far) has got to be a tie between the first arc of Ultimate Spiderman, or Spider Island (it's been a while since i read a spidey book, just got back on with Big Time)

#21 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Brand New Day, Not Kidding.

#22 Posted by mewmdude77 (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven's Last Hunt, Civil War, Reign, Spider Island, and House of M

#23 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: this

#24 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven's Last Hunt was always my favorite.

#25 Edited by Strider92 (16823 posts) - - Show Bio

Big Time, Death Of Jean DeWolff, Grim Hunt, Back In Black, The Other, The Mark Of Kaine (Some of you may disagree with me but I thought it was a pretty good arc and watching Kaine stomp Spidey's enemies was pretty awesome)

#26 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

Maximum Carnage

Back In Black

Spiderman Reign

Parts of the Gauntlet (Mainly Electro getting mega charged and then causing like Pre Occupy Wall Street)

#27 Posted by TDK_1997 (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

Back in Black and maybe now the Grim Hunt along with Kraven's Last Hunt.

#28 Edited by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thorax The Impaler said:

Reign was depressing...really depressing, but it was good...and probably one of mine too.

Yeah, this was depressing and good, but you forgot this:

One of the funniest and dumbest thing I've ever read.

@Superguy0009e said:

Best of Spiderman (as of thus far) has got to be a tie between the first arc of Ultimate Spiderman, or Spider Island

This, and I also really liked "I Killed Tomorrow" (Amazing Spider-man #678-679)

#29 Edited by Deadcool (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion, the best Spider-man storylines are the small stories, here a few examples:

1. Amazing Fantasy 15: The origin of this hero was a short story that everybody expected to fail, now he is one of the most recognized superheroes.
  2. Spider-man Tangled Web: This volume is the king in Spidey's short stories, like Rhino flowers, Double Shots, Love Cycle, etc.
  3. The Amazing Spider-man: EXTRA: this 3 issue volume was pretty good, but it wasn't that famous, but believe me, it has good stories, like Black and White, Birthday Boy and Hammerhead Returns.
  4. Strange Tales II: Good stories too, my favourite one is "Little Lies".
  5. The kid who collects Spider-man: SAD AS F****, great story that was also adapted to Spider-man animated series.
  6. Leah: Same concept as the Kid who collects Spider-man, based on the story The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen.
  7. Happy Birthday: A story written by JMS and pretty underated, peope like to focus in stories where they see people fighting, like Back in Black or the Other, but in my opinion, this one is far better.
  8. Street Level: This story is not big deal, but I liked it a lot.
  9. Ultimatum: Spider-man - Requiem: Ultimatim sucked and we all agree in that, but Spider-man had the best storylines in Ultimatum, actually his role during the Ultimatum are one of the best things that I have read, this was the first "dead" of Ultimate Spider-man, and it contains good short stories.
  10. Ultimate Spider-man 150: Brian Michael Bendis does it again, in this issue everything is worth to read, includes a great speech.
Happy Birthday
#30 Posted by Deranged Midget (17961 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't think of all of them, but Back in Black comes to mind.

#31 Posted by Deadcool (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
The Other.
Back in black.
Grim Hunt.
Kraven's Last Hunt
Death Of Jean DeWolff
Some others i can't remember right now.
#33 Posted by Deadcool (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne: Do you like Coming Home?

#34 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool: Two words: RADIOACTIVE SEMEN

That was a sad scene, sure, but the way he insinuated in the last panel that this caused her death, that made me laugh out loud.

I really hope they don't do something like that in the 616 Universe because if that's the case, his supporting cast will drastically diminishes :p

#35 Posted by Deadcool (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall: ... So... a LONG time ago, the Aunt May also got sick because Peter's radioactivity, so, does that mean that Peter had sex with aunt May?

OF COURSE NOT!!! Where did you get that?

#36 Edited by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool: Of course not! (think about rule #34 and all the weird people on the internet O_o)

When aunt May got sick Peter provided his own blood for a transfusion, kind of like when bruce banner saved his cousin he didn't have sex with her.

What I was trying to say is that in Spider-Man Reign, it's not the blood that killed her, but the saliva, the semen ect..,

If they did something like that in the 616 Universe, with all the superheroes who gained super powers from radioactivity, a lot of people would be dead, like Betty Ross, all of Daredevil's girlfriends (well, they all died but not because of this) ...

All of this is comic-book science, of course, but it seemed that they tried to be a little bit more realistic in Reign (about the effect of radioactivity) and that just seemed... weird (don't forget that he is hugging and talking to a rotting corpse!

#37 Posted by Deadcool (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall said:

Of course not! (think about rule #34 and all the weird people on the internet O_o)

DAMNYOU! WHY YOU PUT ALL THE PICTURES IN MY MIND?!!!

When aunt May got sick Peter provided his own blood for a transfusion, kind of like when bruce banner saved his cousin he didn't have sex with her.

Interesting isn't it, the Aunt may dies and Jennyfer becomes She-Hulk...You put a lot of spoilers...I already knew about the transfusion, it was mentioned in Back in Black.

What I was trying to say is that in Spider-Man Reign, it's not the blood that killed her, but the saliva, the semen ect..,

Well, you could have said anything, that Peter's Kisses killed her but, why did you said "semen"It just anoys me...

If they did something like that in the 616 Universe, with all the superheroes who gained super powers from radioactivity, a lot of people would be dead, like Betty Ross, all of Daredevil's girlfriends (well, they all died but not because of this) ...

Well that is the plot, writers can write whatever they want...

All of this is comic-book science, of course, but it seemed that they tried to be a little bit more realistic in Reign (about the effect of radioactivity)

there is nothing realistic in that...

and that just seemed... weird (don't forget that he is hugging and talking to a rotting corpse!

Well, Peter blames himself for almost everything, he has a lot of traumas, so, I think that it should be normal.

#38 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

Well, you could have said anything, that Peter's Kisses killed her but, why did you said "semen"It just anoys me...

You know, if you google Spider-Man Radioactive Semen you will find that a lot of people came to this conclusion, it's after reading one of those articles (The 12 Dumbest Spider-Man Stories Ever) that I wanted to read this book (some people have really a dirty mind, but I thought it was funny).

@hectorsquall said:

All of this is comic-book science, of course, but it seemed that they tried to be a little bit more realistic in Reign (about the effect of radioactivity)

there is nothing realistic in that...

Well, it's comic books, a lot of things aren't realistic at all, but I think that they tried to show us the deadly effects of radioactivity (to redeem themselves after exposing us to stupid things such as Radioactive Man or Asbestos Man in the 60's)

By the way, it's not really a Spider-Man storyline but I also really liked Powerless, a 6 issues mini-series where we can see what could have been Peter's life if his world was more realistic.

#39 Posted by Deadcool (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall said:

You know, if you google Spider-Man Radioactive Semen you will find that a lot of people came to this conclusion, it's after reading one of those articles (The 12 Dumbest Spider-Man Stories Ever) that I wanted to read this book (some people have really a dirty mind, but I thought it was funny).

Sadly, I know, I have heard that a LOT of times, for that reason anoys me, and yeah people is really dirty and also stupid, they can't think in anything outside sex.

Well, it's comic books, a lot of things aren't realistic at all, but I think that they tried to show us the deadly effects of radioactivity (to redeem themselves after exposing us to stupid things such as Radioactive Man or Asbestos Man in the 60's)

More much like giving an excuse to Peter to blame himself for the dead of someone else in a more direct way.

By the way, it's not really a Spider-Man storyline but I also really liked Powerless, a 6 issues mini-series where we can see what could have been Peter's life if his world was more realistic.

... Oh well... I haven't read powerless, but I alredy know what is it about.

#40 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Island. Slott is perfect for Spider-Man.

#41 Posted by mewmdude77 (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven's Last Hunt, Spider-Man Reign, or Spider Island

#42 Edited by JairamGanpat (926 posts) - - Show Bio

lol at people still thinking sex is dirty. Keep on repressing your thoughts, bro. I'm sure it will do you well.

My favorite story is Kraven's Last Hunt

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.