Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Best Current Spidey Title?

Kid Deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kid Deadpool

I've been wanting to start picking up some Spidey comics, but I'm not sure which title I want to start picking up. So what do you guys think is the best Spider-Man title out right now?

ThunderShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By ThunderShade

Personally I would reccomend Amazing Spider-Man, its pretty easy to get into.

Kid Deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kid Deadpool
    @ThunderShade said:
    " Personally I would reccomend Amazing Spider-Man, its pretty easy to get into. "
    My only problem with that is it comes out 3 times a month. If it is indeed the best title, though, I'll give it a try.
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RedK
    @Kid Deadpool said:
    " My only problem with that is it comes out 3 times a month.  "
    just pick up the trades a new one comes out ounce a mounth, it's what i started to do when i started to pick up spiderman titles and it also makes it easier to get back issues.
    ThunderShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By ThunderShade

Same here, I only pick up ASM if its a story I'm really interested in. Otherwise I stick to TPBs.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123

ASM. The other ones are basically ASM tie ins.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Mighty want to try Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, that's normally always a good Spidey book.

Kid Deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kid Deadpool
    @RedK said:

" @Kid Deadpool said:

" My only problem with that is it comes out 3 times a month.  "
    just pick up the trades a new one comes out ounce a mounth, it's what i started to do when i started to pick up spiderman titles and it also makes it easier to get back issues. "
    @ThunderShade said:

" Same here, I only pick up ASM if its a story I'm really interested in. Otherwise I stick to TPBs. "

I'm more of a comic guy though. I only get TPB's if I can't afford the actual comics. I'm a collector :P. 

@War Killer said:

" Mighty want to try Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, that's normally always a good Spidey book. "

I've actually thought about it, but you don't get a lot of story for the price, which is why I also dropped Wolverine Weapon X. I loved the book but I just felt like I wasn't getting my money's worth.

I guess I can set aside 10 bucks a month to get ASM though. I appreciate all the help everyone!
    RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RonSiconolfi

the last spidey comic i read was     amazing spiderman:the list--it was really good. the other current spidey titles  i browse through at the comic store are boring and not woth buying 

spideys lost his edge in the comics. thats why i pick up deadpool instead
    Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Supreme Marvel

The one where he dies.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

A good idea if you're looking at Amazing is to subscribe. Marvel's best deal is an AMZ Spidey one. That's what I do, but I live outside of the U.S, so the cost probably isn't so much of a gap for those Stateside. 

But seriously, Amazing is the way to go. The gauntlet has been fantastic, and, no offence to Ult Spidey, I love him too, but AMZ is the REAL Spider-Man, OMD or not.

brewski420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By brewski420

amazing spiderman def. ultimate spidey isn't that good anymore, and web of spiderman is not worth the price tag

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.