ASM 2 & Gwen Stacy

#1 Posted by Nightwing4 (360 posts) - - Show Bio

Just finished watching Marc Webb's ASM again on DVD. I like it. My question for you is: do you think they'll do the Death of Gwen Stacy arc in a sequel? IMO Emma Stone is freaking gorgeous. I don't want her replaced. I like MJ but this take on Gwen is so much better than Raimi's MJ.

#2 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I think Gwen is going to die in the next movie.

#3 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

It is highly likely. if they dont kill her off soon, they can't make MJ become the new love.

#4 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they kill her off, but that's mostly cause i don't like Emma Stone very much

#5 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Gwen must die, its what defines Spider-Man.

#6 Posted by RogueJuggernaut (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Stone must die.

#7 Posted by Oscars94 (2461 posts) - - Show Bio
Ultimate Spider-Man #160
Ultimate Spider-Man #160

I think they should let her live for the next movie but in the third movie they should have Peter go up against an amped- up green goblin kind of like the Ultimate one. It would look amazing on-screen IMO and it will really put Peter's abilities to the test.

#8 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

I recall Marc saying that this'll be a trilogy and it looks like Norman is going to be the big final boss, therefore Gwen will die in ASM 3.

#9 Posted by JohnnyGat (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Gwen will probably die in ASM3. The fact that they already casted MJ I can see it being more of building up the friendship between them so it makes sense that she'd be the shoulder Peter would lean on in the event of Gwen's death.

#10 Posted by Rabidwolfdog (259 posts) - - Show Bio

What they should do is the Ol Switch a roony, have MJ die and keep the ball rolling with Gwen instead of fumbling a good thing thats been set in motion. Then fingers crossed we get a Carnage and Shocker as villains. Ah Maybe resurrect the Spider Friends base with Ice Man and Human Torch.

#11 Posted by Strider92 (16242 posts) - - Show Bio

She will most likely die in ASM 3

#12 Posted by LastOblivion (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

She will most likely die in ASM 3

Yup. It's coming... I guess they'll give us one more movie to Peter (and us) get attached to Gwen, this and introduce MJ, those kind of things.

#13 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing is for sure, she dies.

#14 Posted by consolemaster001 (5164 posts) - - Show Bio

They announced that mj will have a small part in 2 and a much larger part in 3....ya i think she'll die in 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.