Anime rival for spiderman ?

#1 Posted by consolemaster001 (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

Who'd you think is the best rival in Anime for Spidey ? At first i thought Monkey D luffy or Naruto but they've grown quite powerful since.

#2 Posted by PaperDemon (610 posts) - - Show Bio

Riley from the boondocks... Lol.

#3 Posted by warewolf577 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...Natsu

#4 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about Spidey, but this thread caused me to picture a team-up between Alucard from Hellsing, Guts from Berserk, Punisher (from Marvel, of course) and Ghost Rider.

So thanks for that.

#5 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3097 posts) - - Show Bio

Kidomaru

#6 Posted by Teerack (6254 posts) - - Show Bio

BK-201

Can't believe there are no good pics of him in his full costume.

#7 Posted by consolemaster001 (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: I think hei would make a better batman rival. Y'know with the martial arts training and such.

#8 Posted by Teerack (6254 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001: Spider-man has martial arts training.

#9 Posted by consolemaster001 (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: True but hei would fair better against batman

#10 Posted by Teerack (6254 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001: Not really considering batman is all about is all about stratagy and gadgets. Hei may be a good fighter but he uses and relies on his powers a lot. Which is why when he loses them he has such a hard time dealing with other Contractors.

#11 Posted by Shadowsnake89 (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Well a few years ago Wizard magazine did an East vs West battle between anime and comic characters and this is who they picked.

#12 Edited by Araneaes (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@PaperDemon said:

Riley from the boondocks... Lol.

It's not anime if it's not drawn and animated by the Japanese. That's why it's called "Anime".

I don't know if there's even a viable rival for Spiderman in the anime world.

#13 Posted by PunyParker (10870 posts) - - Show Bio

Tentacles.......................

#14 Posted by darthfury78 (844 posts) - - Show Bio

Suzaku from Code Geass and Lelouch Vi Britannia.

#15 Posted by The Stegman (24361 posts) - - Show Bio
Rock Lee
#16 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say a good rival would be Guts

or Rin

Or Black Star

#17 Edited by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shadowsnake89 said:

Well a few years ago Wizard magazine did an East vs West battle between anime and comic characters and this is who they picked.

That seems like a pretty good match up to me. They're both full of jokes, can be easily distracted, and are extremely fast, both are underestimated by villains that they first meet, both want to help innocent people, both get blamed for bad things that happen, and although they usually work alone, they are friendly and can work on a team.

#18 Posted by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Power scale diffrence or not, I still thing Naruto Uzumaki is Spider-Man's anime/manga rival.

#19 Posted by JakeN7 (12369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Overseer said:

Power scale diffrence or not, I still thing Naruto Uzumaki is Spider-Man's anime/manga rival.

I dunno...Naruto's lack of parents, his tenacity to never give up, his ambition to strive to be Hokage, and the overall stealth-focused combat that he and every other ninja use remind me an awful lot of Batman (of course they're very different in a lot of ways too.)

#20 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

@Overseer said:

I dunno...Naruto's lack of parents, his tenacity to never give up, his ambition to strive to be Hokage, and the overall stealth-focused combat that he and every other ninja use remind me an awful lot of Batman (of course they're very different in a lot of ways too.)

Those reasons actually remind me more of Spider-Man. Naruto was an outcast without parents is like Peter Parker being a lonely science nerd without parents. Naruto is determined to never give up, no matter how beaten up he gets or how much the people of the village hate him, just like how Spider-Man never gives up, always defends the city, even being beaten nearly to death, or directing giant rockets away from the city to save people who hate him. Naruto is a brightly colored ninja and kind of loud, but still uses stealth, just like how Spider-Man is brightly colored and makes jokes, but still uses stealth to sneak up on bad guys. Ninja are supposed to be able to climb up trees, and Spider-Man climbs up walls frequently.

#21 Posted by JakeN7 (12369 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77 said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Overseer said:

Those reasons actually remind me more of Spider-Man. Naruto was an outcast without parents is like Peter Parker being a lonely science nerd without parents. Naruto is determined to never give up, no matter how beaten up he gets or how much the people of the village hate him, just like how Spider-Man never gives up, always defends the city, even being beaten nearly to death, or directing giant rockets away from the city to save people who hate him. Naruto is a brightly colored ninja and kind of loud, but still uses stealth, just like how Spider-Man is brightly colored and makes jokes, but still uses stealth to sneak up on bad guys. Ninja are supposed to be able to climb up trees, and Spider-Man climbs up walls frequently.

Damn. Didn't think about that. Fair enough, I guess they all share similar traits.

#22 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5584 posts) - - Show Bio

Either of the Getbackers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.