Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

An Irish spidey villian.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedK

I was reading the newspaper in work today when i came across an article that said Michael Fassbender a fellow irish man who was raised in Killarney was up for a role as a villian in the new Spidey reboot and not only is he up for a role in a spidey villian but he was also approaced for the role of Magneto in the X-men First Class film.  
    So what do you think of this, I personally have only ever seen him in Centurion, the acting was good but the film itself was disgraceful.

A link to his page on IMDB.

Here's the article from the irish independent

Michale Fassbender is rumoured to have been offered the role of the young Magneto in X-men: First Class.

Kick Ass's Matthew Vaughn is directing the X Men prequel movie and has already cast James McAvoy as the younger version of Sir Patrick Stewart's character Professor X/Charles Xavier.

Now Fassbender - star of Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds and in Steve McQueen's Hunger - is rumoured to be in talks to play the younger version of Sir Ian Mckellen's X-Men character Magneto, according to Showbiz411.com.

But the hunky Irish actor has reportedly also been offered the role of the villain in Spider-Man 4, which follows a young Peter Parker in highschool, as he gains his Spidey powers and learns how to use them.

Fassbender, 33, is currently filming David Cronenberg's A Dangerous Method with Viggo Mortensen and Keira Knightley.

He will appear in several films later this year including Jane Eyre in which he plays the dashing Mr Rochester, opposite Mia Wasikowska in the title role, and comic book movie Jonah Hex with Megan Fox and Josh Brolin.

angryvigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By angryvigilante

Any word on what villian?

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By hdorman1
    @angryvigilante:
    every Irish character in comic books are steryotypes 
    unless they are written by Ennis, and Irishman  
    so im not holding my breath 
    Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Nerx
    @Edamame said:
    " Carnage, Kletus Kasady, is of Irish descent, I believe. "
    I hope they put some IRA into him
    Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Nerx
    @Edamame: Naw, the ones responsible for the Brighton Bombing
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I did hear if he lands the Magneto gig he probably won't play a villain in the Spidey movie.
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!
    @Jake Fury said:
    " I did hear if he lands the Magneto gig he probably won't play a villain in the Spidey movie. "
    that makes no sense, considering that the movies are spread apart by 1 year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:
    " @Jake Fury said:
    " I did hear if he lands the Magneto gig he probably won't play a villain in the Spidey movie. "
    that makes no sense, considering that the movies are spread apart by 1 year. "

Why wouldn't it make sense? Even if they're spread apart by a year it's still going to be fresh in everyone's mind.
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jake Fury said:

" @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:

" @Jake Fury said:
    Why wouldn't it make sense? Even if they're spread apart by a year it's still going to be fresh in everyone's mind. "
    I'm saying filming-wise, because filming for first class should take around 7 months, and then he could work on Spider-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:
    "@Jake Fury said:

" @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:

" @Jake Fury said:
    Why wouldn't it make sense? Even if they're spread apart by a year it's still going to be fresh in everyone's mind. "
    I'm saying filming-wise, because filming for first class should take around 7 months, and then he could work on Spider-man "

True. But my point was I don't see them using the same actor for different characters so close together.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.