Amazing vs. Ultimate (not a battle)

#1 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Which one do you like the most and why?

#2 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimates. More realistic and modern in many ways. General populace responds more realistically (I think). Characters in general are more deep.

#3 Posted by NEW VENOM (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing.Nothings better than the classics

#4 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

NEW VENOM says:

"Amazing.Nothings better than the classics"

Maybe. Throws a pie in his face Now, was that better than jokes of nowadays? lol jk

#5 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, what I meant was do you like Amazing Spider-Man better or do you like Ultimate Spider-Man better?

#6 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-Buster says:

"I'm sorry, what I meant was do you like Amazing Spider-Man better or do you like Ultimate Spider-Man better?"

Unquestionably - Ultimate Spiderman

#7 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing, I like Ultimate too but some of the stories just felt weird... like Gwen getting killed by Carnage... that weird Clone saga etc.

#8 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

With all those stupid events that Marvel cooked up for Amazing, I was reading Ultimate for a long time, if BND can stick together for more than a few months I could get back with Amazing though. Hmm... I'll have to go with Ultimate, Bendis and Bagley are/were a match made in heaven, especially for a teenage Spider-Man, I simply could not put the books down and IMO, they are the most fun I've ever had reading a comic..

#9 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate. I like the powered down, modern, fresh version. and the consistent art and writing. Immonen is doing a great job.

Ultimate has the unfair advantage of introducing new 616 characters but Ultamatized. That has something to do with my choice too.

#10 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

"Ultimatized", heh, I like that word, can I use it?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.