Amazing Spiderman Volume 2 546?

#1 Posted by xxBryce10xx (12 posts) - - Show Bio

So I just bought 546 and 547. I have never really read any comic books before. My friend loaned me 2 cap americas, I had no idea who the characters were but I liked the idea behind it. So I did some research and decided to buy these 2 since I just saw the new movie (I know they are not the same). So was this a good place to start?

#2 Posted by danhimself (22623 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxBryce10xx: it definitely is a good place to start...though just some advice would be to lessen your costs a bit and pick up some trades to get caught up to current issues

#3 Posted by CrimsonCake (2679 posts) - - Show Bio

You started with Brand New day?Uh oh.

#4 Posted by saoakden (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read any stuff from the Brand New Day era but I think its a good place to start off with Spidey. If you want to catch up on the current Spider-Man, pick up the Big Time Ultimate Collection. That book has the first three books of the big time era in one trade. plus Dan Slott is doing an awesome job with Spider-Man.

#5 Posted by xxBryce10xx (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

Then where would you recommend starting?

Also I was thinking of getting a graphic novel but I think I have a decent idea of spidermans background and such. Also I just bought a captain america and batman graphic novel so I wanna start getting some real comics now haha

#6 Posted by CrimsonCake (2679 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxBryce10xx said:

@CrimsonCake said:

Then where would you recommend starting?

Also I was thinking of getting a graphic novel but I think I have a decent idea of spidermans background and such. Also I just bought a captain america and batman graphic novel so I wanna start getting some real comics now haha

Amazing Spider man #648

Spider man:Blue or Reign.

Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1: Coming Home

#7 Posted by xxBryce10xx (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll take a look at 648. As for the graphic novel I will pass. I just bought enough of those haha

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.