Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17251 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Amazing spiderman-Missing scenes?

MrArrogant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrArrogant

So yesterday I finally got to see sony's spiderman reboot, and personally, I thought it was awesome! Though when I left the theater I felt something was amiss but couldn't quite put my finger on it, I pushed it aside as I'd loved the movie but now I think I know what it was; certain scenes were missing! It felt awkward when Peter arrived in Gwen's flat claiming "your doorman is intimidating" when I remembered an official clip showing a scene between Peter and said doorman. There was also no confrontation as shown in the trailer were Connors tells Peter "do you really think what happened to you was an accident?" again, this was no where to be found. Now I know scenes get cut all the time, but to have a lot of publicity then to be cut out so awkwardly just feels weird.. did anyone else have the same feeling? I was just wondering.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Its not that unusual for some things in the trailer to be cut from the final film

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Hunter114

Most of the time, scenes are cut out because they are redundant or because of time constraints... the problem with that is that sometimes there are scenes that are fairly important because they show something between characters or they are part of the build-up to something else.

It can be even more annoying if the movie is cut down so much that it's really not that long... but most of the time, they have a good reason to cut certain scenes

Spiderslike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Spiderslike

I said the same thing but not shocked some scenes where deleted the movie was still good and chances are they'll show up in a directors cut like Spider-man 2.1

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Jorgevy

i noticed it too, but I said, eh if they were cutting scenes might as well be the ones we already saw in the trailers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.