Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Amazing Spiderman, after Superior?

MrDiablojoblo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm just a little confused if I should be picking up Amazing Spiderman after I finish collection superior spiderman considering I'm on Vol 5 and just need one more before I have to buy the single issues. So the question is still standing, are they insync with one another?

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the question is still standing, are they insync with one another?

im not sure what you mean by this. Amazing Spider-Man vol.3 #1-5 and Amazing Spider-Man: Learning to Crawl 1.1-1.4 comes after Superior Spider-Man and are available in single issues right now. The paperback collection of issues ASM 1-5 does not come out until October 28 and the paperback of ASM:LtC 1.1-1.5 does not come out until December 9. I cannot comment on ASM:LtC becauses Im waiting for the paprerback. As for ASM 1-5, I am not enjoying it as much as Superior Spider-Man, but it is still good.

MrDiablojoblo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdiablojoblo said:

So the question is still standing, are they insync with one another?

im not sure what you mean by this. Amazing Spider-Man vol.3 #1-5 and Amazing Spider-Man: Learning to Crawl 1.1-1.4 comes after Superior Spider-Man and are available in single issues right now. The paperback collection of issues ASM 1-5 does not come out until October 28 and the paperback of ASM:LtC 1.1-1.5 does not come out until December 9. I cannot comment on ASM:LtC becauses Im waiting for the paprerback. As for ASM 1-5, I am not enjoying it as much as Superior Spider-Man, but it is still good.

Can you explain why you're not enjoying it?

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zarius

Learning to Crawl is a far better read than both the terrible Superior and ASM runs by Slott so far, it actually respects the history of the characters while delving into new ideas. Easily Slott's best work in years. He is so much better when he has to work with continuity instead of littering the regular books with his god-awful phoned-in, "doing it just for the paycheck" fanfiction that has turned the book and characters into a parody of themselves.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdiablojoblo: its not that im not enjoying it, its that in comparison to superior spider-man, its just not that big of a story. to me it feels like a brief side story to pass the time until the huge event to come, Spider Verse.

MrDiablojoblo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know I haven't finished reading Superior, but at the end of it Peter Parker comes back and I'd have to start reading the Learning to crawl issues, correct?

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By averywetfrog

I know I haven't finished reading Superior, but at the end of it Peter Parker comes back and I'd have to start reading the Learning to crawl issues, correct?

no. learning to crawl takes place in the past and can be read whenever if im not mistaken. asm #1 takes place directly after superior spider-man

MrDiablojoblo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdiablojoblo said:

no. learning to crawl takes place in the past and can be read whenever if im not mistaken. asm #1 takes place directly after superior spider-man

Ok thats clears things up then. Also is "Superior Spider man Team UP" Whatever its called, is that a mini series of its own?

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By averywetfrog

@mrdiablojoblo: those events occurred during the course of Superior spider-man. they dont have to be read to fully understand what's going on as the stories are mostly contained inside the series. i did not like it much, but its not bad.

MrDiablojoblo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for answering my questions so far hahaa. So far I've gotten Superior Spiderman almost up to date, 2099 just came out so I'm caught up with that, now when does Spiderverse release this month?

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By averywetfrog

@mrdiablojoblo:

No Caption Provided

NOVEMBER

• 01 Amazing Spider-man #9
    • 02 Spider-Verse #1
    • 03 Spider-Verse Team-Up #1
    • 04 Amazing Spider-man #10
    • 05 Scarlet Spiders #1
    • 06 Spider-Woman #1
    • 07 Spider-Man 2099 #6

DECEMBER

• 08 Amazing Spider-man #11
    • 09 Spider-Verse #2
    • 10 Scarlet Spiders #2
    • 11 Spider-Woman #2
    • 12 Amazing Spider-man #12
    • 13 Spider-Verse Team-Up #2
    • 14 Amazing Spider-man #10
    • 15 Spider-Man 2099 #7

JANUARY

• 16 Scarlet Spiders #3
    • 17 Amazing Spider-man #13
    • 18 Spider-Woman #3
    • 19 Spider-Verse Team-Up #3
    • 20 Spider-Man 2099 #8
    • 21 Spider-Verse #2
    • 22 Amazing Spider-man #14
    MrDiablojoblo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are godlike. Thanks for the help dude now I can keep track with this and make it easier. Since I started spiderman from Superior and I wanna get his previous volume's where should I start?

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By averywetfrog

@mrdiablojoblo: if you are interested in doing a lot of reading i highly recommend getting a marvel unlimited subscription. it is $9.99/month or $69.99 a year. it lets you read over 15,000 comics which includes most of if not all of the amazing spider-man series plus many other spiderman series. they update newer issues every week with a 6 month delay( for example comics that came out this week would be on the website in 6 months).

If you dont want to read online and you prefer print, i always check for paperbacks and hardcovers on amazon and ebay because they usually have the best deals. unless of course if you know of a store near you that has better deals.

This site has the best essential timeline list, but the titles are spoilers if you care about spoilers. For best spidey stories id just look up different lists online to get some different perspectives.Heres one for example. My personal favorite writers include Roger Stern, Tom DeFalco, Gerry Conway, JMS, Stan Lee, and Dan Slott in that order. their runs were amazing and must reads. Also if you want to read alternate universe spider-man stories, Ultimate Spider-Man then Ultimate Comics Spider-Man then Ultimate Comics Spider-Man vol2 then Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man which is all one series by Brian Bendis is one of the greatest series ive ever read and is still ongoing. you should read that entire run.

MrDiablojoblo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'm a guy who likes to read his comics in person or else I'd sign up right away and read away. I'm looking through the list, trying to see where I'd start off, I know I wouldn't get into the older comics just because of the fact of how vocab was back then "Gee willickers". Also yeah I'd def get into Ultimate Spiderman since I've read a few volumes of it already.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By averywetfrog

I know I wouldn't get into the older comics just because of the fact of how vocab was back then "Gee willickers".

The dialogue really isn't bad. the only character that acts weird is aunt may. and if you only want to read the very best of Stan Lee's run i would say read issues 18, 19, 31-33, 39-43, 50-52, and 96-98. i would recommend just reading 1-122 to know the true impact of death in pete's life. even though it is old it is one of the greatest spiderman runs of all time.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By PunyParker

Dont.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

opinions vary on ASM. Its selling well and getting decent reviews. I like it. Most hardcore Spiderman fans on the forums don't!

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Check out CRAWLSPACE website for good informative reviews of ASM.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.