Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Amazing Spider-Man volume 2 #36 Opinions

Jacobin_Wisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jacobin_Wisdom

For those of who do not know, Amazing Spider-Man volume 2 #36 was about Spider-Man and other Marvel Heroes deal with the events of September 11, 2001.

With today being the 11th year anniversary of 9/11, my question is how do you feel about the comic book back then compared to now? For those of you whom have not read it, how do feel that Marvel made a comic book focusing on 9/11?

To me it shows that even the most powerful, intelligent of the heroes could not always save the world or be there in a nick of time and brings a certain realism and human side to the characters but the major villains whom have done terrible things within the comics, aiding in the rescue effort does seem to be conflicting but I understand why it was done at the time to show the "United" attitude that all Americans were having at the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.