Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17251 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Amazing Spider-Man - The Black Issue

Deadknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Edited By Deadknight

I was recently reading through a TPB that had this particular issue in it, and it just really hit hard all of a sudden. What really did it for me was when Spider-Man finds a kid sitting among the wreckage somewhere and when he tells the kid he should probably be somewhere safer, the kid says that he's waiting for his daddy who was just going to pick something up out of a nearby building, and then before the kid can even finish saying this, some police officers come carrying a body out and the kid jst screams, "DADDY!" as Spider-Man tries to hold him back........

This account of mine doesn't even come close to doing this scene justice, but just writing this has already managed to bring a tear to my eye again... It was truly a phenomenal issue on a level that I can barely describe. I can barely think about it with a dry eye now...

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By hydrabob--defunct

I understand there have been a few comics that have choked me up too.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Last_Guardian

read this issue a while ago and it definitely choked me up...

Avatar image for spider_man_2996
    spider-man 2996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By spider-man 2996

This was such a good issue. Just seeing the child scream for his father just left me feeling for the child. It was truly one of them issues I will rember forever.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.