Amazing Spider-Man NEW VILLIAN? MJ Revealed

Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Variety reports that The Descendants' Shailene Woodley is in early talks to play MJ in Amazing Spider-Man 2 for director Marc Webb. The film is about to start casting, and Woodley is said to be Sony's top choice for the role. The first film's Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone will of course be returning as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy.

Shailene Woodley

Also talks that Electro might be considered and Harry Osborn has been dropped in the cast.

So what do you think?

#1 Posted by Black_Claw (2957 posts) - - Show Bio

Electro? I was pretty sure Green Goblin was gonna be in the next movie. Then again the article did say electro "might" be considered so we'll still have to wait and see.

#2 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

Meuh not keen on Electro as a villain.

#3 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

....That's MJ?

#4 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Electro was who many speculated as the guy in the post credits scene.

As for the actress in talks for Mary Jane... she looks to be a good choice... but seems a bit too young.

#5 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see them bring in MJ. Hopefully they remember that MJ and Gwen were friends.

#6 Posted by CrimsonCake (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Please no love triangles.

#7 Posted by ZenTzen (56 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: personally i hope they treat it like in the comics where MJ only started to be a serious love interest after Gwen died and that they remember the friendship they had in the comics

#8 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

They need another MJ, MJ is supposed to be really freaking hot. The girl is cute..but I would have looked better....But there is still hope...

#9 Edited by PunyParker (9400 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

....That's MJ?

They just CAN do better....

As about Electro,i was expecting that from the ending scene of ASM

#10 Posted by thewidowsbite (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

They need another MJ, MJ is supposed to be really freaking hot. The girl is cute..but I would have looked better....But there is still hope...

^

This

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.