Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Amazing Spider-Man Movie Sequels

• 53 results
    Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hunter114

So I don't know if anyone's noticed, but the Amazing Spider-Man movie came out recently. Some could call it the "Batman Begins" of Spider-Man and I would kinda agree on that... it takes a more realistic view of the world with superheroes in it and it's been made darker and edgier than the first three movies, which were generally lighter... and not that good (though Spider-Man 2 was pretty good)

Now going back on point... what would you (the ComicVine user) like to see from the sequels? and this can refer to anything, from villains, to cameos, to locations, stories, plot points, Easter-eggs, etc... I will be putting my own ideas shortly... but it's good to hear from other Viners too.

On a side-note... I would expect some spoilers to be in this thread... they are kinda intrinsic to the whole sequel thing... so if you've not seen it... and don't want to know what happens, this is a heads-up.

Vincent92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Vincent92

yeah, i loved the movie cause they took the time to flesh out characters like uncle ben to make him feel important and i am glad how they make his parents have a bigger role in the film

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i would like to see kraven the hunter, mysterio or green goblin.

Vincent92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vincent92

@Mega_spidey01 said:

i would like to see kraven the hunter, mysterio or green goblin.

save green goblin for 3rd or maybe 4th movie, i would like them to adapt the ultimate version of mysterio

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

I want the Green Goblin to be what the Joker was to Nolan's Batman trilogy. That being said, Death of Gwen Stacy arc is the first thing on my list for the sequel.

If not that, then I want either Mysterio, Vulture (as another "crossed species"), Kraven, or Electro.

And of course, I want the Daily Bugle.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By the_tree

@Gambit1024 said:

I want the Green Goblin to be what the Joker was to Nolan's Batman trilogy. That being said, Death of Gwen Stacy arc is the first thing on my list for the sequel.

If not that, then I want either Mysterio, Vulture (as another "crossed species"), Kraven, or Electro.

As much as I want to see the Death of Gwen Stacy on screen, don't you think killing two Stacys in a row might feel sort of redundant?

As for villains, I've been on the Mac Gargan as Scorpion train since Spider-Man 2 came out.

Vincent92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vincent92

@Gambit1024: i would too, but i think it would be nice to wait a while before green goblin and build up norman osborns character. the Daily Bugle would be nice touch but he seems more to hang around oscorp more, he may have a job at either place

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By r3d_rob1n

I'd save death of Gwen for a third movie. Build Osborn up in the second one while Spidey battles either Scorpion or Kraven.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024 said:

Noooooooooooooo! Dude... I'd rather have Gwen stick around for a little longer. I've had enough of Mary-Jane!

And I wasn't too pleased by how quickly they killed off Captain Stacy.
    Electron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Electron

But don't you guys think that having another villain that involves crossed species be a little redundant as well?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gambit1024

@The_Tree: Well, maybe it wouldn't be for the sequel, but I at least want it for 3. That's a moment that absolutely needs to happen.

@Vincent92: But... No Bugle? I'm all for Pete being a science geek, but he's gotta be in the newspaper business. Besides, they already planted that seed with his taking all those photos in high school.

@Deranged Midget: Like I said to Tree, it doesn't necessarily have to be in the sequel, but it needs to happen. That's a huge part of Spidey's life. As much as I prefer Gwen to MJ, it's just gotta happen.

I thought his death was done nicely. Better than how he dies in the comics anyway.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the_tree

@Gambit1024 said:

@The_Tree: Well, maybe it wouldn't be for the sequel, but I at least want it for 3. That's a moment that absolutely needs to happen.

Oh yeah. I think if the tension with Osborn is built up in the second movie, and then it reaches the boiling point in the third, resulting in Gwen's death, it'll be completely epic.

@Electron said:

But don't you guys think that having another villain that involves crossed species be a little redundant as well?

I would really love to see villains that don't involve cross-species genetics, like Mysterio, Electro, or even Shocker. I feel that the cross-species thing is going to be a major recurring theme throughout this series though, and if the series is doing such, I'd like to see Scorpion done.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

I'd say for the next movie bring in Kraven but have the Green Goblin story building up in the background. Then in part 3 GG comes out in full force, let Spidey get a good victory against him but wait until part 4 to reveal him as Norman after Peter and Harry have become friends, that's when they kill Gwen leading to a final confrontation. We could even throw in some side villains to keep it interesting. Maybe have Rhino causing chaos in between Goblin fights

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gambit1024

@The_Tree: So you'd want Osborn in the sequel, then the Goblin in the third? Or would he be the Goblin in both?

@joshmightbe: Replace Rhino with cross-species Vulture, and you have an excellent idea, sir.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle
    @joshmightbe said:

I'd say for the next movie bring in Kraven but have the Green Goblin story building up in the background. Then in part 3 GG comes out in full force, let Spidey get a good victory against him but wait until part 4 to reveal him as Norman after Peter and Harry have become friends, that's when they kill Gwen leading to a final confrontation. We could even throw in some side villains to keep it interesting. Maybe have Rhino causing chaos in between Goblin fights

Its nice to imagine these things....but I find it unlikely. In all honesty Andrew Garfield is about 30 and at the rate films are usually made he will be almost 40 if a trilogy is made.......I am not getting any younger either. 

The famous Green Gobiln/ Gwen Stacey arc should be in the next film....who cares after that
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024: I know it has to happen but not in the second film. And I found that they killed him off way too early, but it still fit the much needed emotional aspect to the film.

Rowen545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Rowen545

I think Mysterio as the main, if you need a secondary have scorpion as the new OSCORP "product". 

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_tree

@Gambit1024: I'm not sure entirely on how I'd like to see it go, but I'd like to see it sort of like this:

Osborn gets some sort of imperfect serum from Dr. Ratha. Osborn starts to lose his mind, his obsession with Peter grows. Then have him behind the scenes planning attacks on Peter. Maybe have him mutate (mutate because I can't see him putting on a suit) into his Goblin form in the final scene of the second movie.

Or maybe have some other villain for the second movie, and a serum-testing Dr. Ratha as Proto-Goblin for a sub-villain.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By joshmightbe

@Gambit1024: I'm just saying Osborne in part 2 GG wouldn't happen til part 3, also if I were in charge I'd film all 3 of the next movies back to back lord of the rings style so the actors wouldn't age too much between them

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gambit1024

@Deranged Midget: Too early? But it was at the end, lol.

@The_Tree: Mutating's fine, but not into that Ultimate Hulk looking thing. Maybe have him look sort of like the Jackal, but with some demonic qualities? I don't think Proto-Goblin would be enough, to be honest. Maybe have Electro have a terrible accident at Oscorp, or maybe Mysterio or something. I feel like if it was just Proto-Goblin, it'd be a waste of a villain spot because of Spider-Man'sgreat rogue's gallery, ya know?

@joshmightbe: Sounds good to me. As long as there's a villain that Spider-Man can fight while Norman's behind the scenes, I'll be a-ok.

Also, what about Harry Osborn? You think he'll be in the franchise eventually?

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hunter114

So here are a few of my ideas for the second movie (mainly sub-plots)

1) Have cameos from Miles Warren (not the Jackal), as one of Gwen's biology teachers, who gets blackmailed into helping out Norman Osborn (who is still dying) to find a cure.

2) Peter is a clone of his father, not sure why, but you could say that it was part of an experiment... but was also given some kind of catalyst (possibly the venom symbiote) which allowed him to bond with the spider instead of becoming one, like Connors did, when he became the Lizard... this is the "truth" that the Man in the Shadows was talking about in the mid-credit clip

3) Osborn's cure is made from mixing Connors' Lizard serum, with something else and the catalyst that's been taken from Peter's DNA by the Jackal (the DNA is then kept on record.... alluding to Ben Reilly)

4) As for main villain ... two things scream out to me... the first one is Mysterio... he's a popular villain that hasn't been used in the movies... the only major problem from my perspective is that I don't really see an "evil scheme" in there, but if they could have one and it made sense, I'd be happy... The other is actually Kaine. Since I was talking about cloning etc, it could be possible to have the first Spider-Man clone in there, maybe a clone of Richard Parker clone that failed, but the problem is that he's not that popular... even coming from what was one of the most annoying Spider-Man story arcs ever (The Clone Saga)

Then after that... for the third movie

1) Green Goblin... but not in that armored costume... I'd prefer a more realistic one

2) Gwen Stacy gets killed... you have all the ingredients... make me a Gwen-getting-thrown-off-a-bridge cake...

3) Jackal creates the Scarlet Spider to pose as Spider-Man and kill the Goblin because the real one wouldn't... Peter then has to teach Ben "you know what" and they both go after the Jackal together

4) I didn't really think about anything long and convoluted for this one... just to tie up some loose strings, close plot holes and maybe have a Gwen clone... but I don't know where that would go... unless she dies saving Peter and Ben or stopping the Jackal or doing something similar to what MJ did in the same position in the animated series.

[ and after all that my internet cuts out so I have to wait to post this :( ]

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SandMan_

Tie it to the Avengers Sony.... >_>

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the_tree

@Gambit1024 said:

@The_Tree: Mutating's fine, but not into that Ultimate Hulk looking thing. Maybe have him look sort of like the Jackal, but with some demonic qualities? I don't think Proto-Goblin would be enough, to be honest. Maybe have Electro have a terrible accident at Oscorp, or maybe Mysterio or something. I feel like if it was just Proto-Goblin, it'd be a waste of a villain spot because of Spider-Man'sgreat rogue's gallery, ya know?

Also, what about Harry Osborn? You think he'll be in the franchise eventually?

Yeah, definitely not that Hulk-thing, that is just terrible. I'm talking more mutating pretty much into his exact 616 Goblin look (minus the clothes of course, but I'd love the tattered robes). I just mentioned Proto-Goblin since that was talked about, I'd much rather prefer we get some other villain. I think having Harry introduced in the second movie is a must. If we follow up on what I said about Osborn developing some sort of obsession with Pete, Harry's friendship with Pete could be a way of him being able to spy on him.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Hunter114 said:

So I don't know if anyone's noticed, but the Amazing Spider-Man movie came out recently. Some could call it the "Batman Begins" of Spider-Man and I would kinda agree on that... it takes a more realistic view of the world with superheroes in it and it's been made darker and edgier than the first three movies, which were generally lighter... and not that good (though Spider-Man 2 was pretty good)

Now going back on point... what would you (the ComicVine user) like to see from the sequels? and this can refer to anything, from villains, to cameos, to locations, stories, plot points, Easter-eggs, etc... I will be putting my own ideas shortly... but it's good to hear from other Viners too.

On a side-note... I would expect some spoilers to be in this thread... they are kinda intrinsic to the whole sequel thing... so if you've not seen it... and don't want to know what happens, this is a heads-up.

Honestly, they could have ANY villain they want as long as they don't retread the villains from the previous trilogy. Now, the exception would be Green Goblin. The reason why? Unlike Doc Ock, he wasn't done justice in my opinion. Willem Dafoe did a great Norman Osborn/Goblin, but they didn't really go into what the Goblin wanted. He talked about joining forces with Spider-Man to "create" something, but what? Sure he had money, but what on earth could just two super-strong, agile, men possibly create? It's not like they're on Hulk or Thor level where they have army stopping power, so what was that whole scene about? I guess you could argue that he's just insane, but even then it's just a waste of a character.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#25  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Who says Gwen Stacy has to die in these movies?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024: You know what I mean... Too early in the series not the film itself.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hunter114

@War Killer said:

No Caption Provided

um... this guy?

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By wmwadeii

I dont' say they have to kill off Gwen look at Ultimate Spider-man she was around along with Mary Jane. I just dont' want them to have both and make it all Twilightified.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Hunter114 said:

@War Killer said:

No Caption Provided

um... this guy?

Why? If we've learned anything from previous movies, just because it happened in the comics doesn't mean it has to happen in the movies.

My main reasons for this are due to the fact that:
    • Gwen makes the perfectly love interest for Peter/Spidey; she's as smart as he is, understands the responsibility he feels with his powers and supports him despite the dangers, and is the shoulder he needs to lean on when things are weighing heavy on his shoulders.
    • Going back to her smarts, this world is very science'y, as we saw in this past movie Peter is dealing with threats that needs big brains who can grasp what it is they're dealing with and be able to actually do something about it. Which is something Gwen brings to the cast, along with Peter.
    • Her death wouldn't do much. In my opinion, her death wouldn't do anything else for Peter and I think having Gwen killed off in a sequel just steals the joy of despite all the crap Peter has to deal with, at least in the end he still has Gwen. He's already lost his parents, Uncle Ben, and feels responsible for Captain Stacy's death. I don't think adding Gwen to that list would add anything to Peter's character and seeing Peter left alone in the end wouldn't be such a great ending.
    • Mary Jane would not work in this kind of universe. Like I've mentioned before, this is a very hard-core science world we're dealing with, one where I feel an actress/model just wouldn't fit as she'd feel out-of-place and useless.
    Those are just a few reasons why I feel Gwen would be better off alive than just killing her off for the sake of "going by the comics" which at this point I'd rather just see them go in their own direction with the characters.
    Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hunter114

@War Killer:

There are certain points that are essential to the growth of a character, and one of the most important things for any superhero is that there is a price to pay for the things they do... he will have enemies and those enemies will come after him and the people he loves... Captain Stacy said it himself... he made Peter promise that he would leave Gwen alone... and by all accounts he's not going to do that... it's pretty much foreshadowing her death and to line everything up and then not pull the trigger... that's just a let down.

Having Gwen die in the movies, honors the characters and the writers and the fans... we've seen what happens when writers and directors completely ignore the fans and the source material. Add to that the argument that Gwen actually did very little in terms of actual "science-ness" all she did was make the cure, which Peter told her to do, and the whole point of Spider-Man is loss, he's supposed to be the average guy, sure, but he's also surrounded by loss, loss that he is supposed to feel responsible for and carry on trying to make a difference in-spite of that... and they don't have to introduce MJ until the end... or at all.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Hunter114: Not all the fans want Gwen to die though, despite the fact that it's "honoring" the fans of the comics. I'm a fan of the comics, but I like Gwen both in and out of the comics and thus don't want her to die for the sake of "going by the comics". Plus It makes things predictable when they could easily take things in a different direction. The whole point of the movies is take the beloved characters we read about, taking bits and pieces of great storylines, and embedding them into a new universe that, while resembles the world we as comic book readers know, is still it's own world and therefore can take things in a direction we've never seen before.
    Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tyrus

I loved this film, really - but I think the first hour of the film seemed fast-paced and Uncle Ben's death wasn't as dramatic and overwhelming on Peter as I expected it to be - and not to mention the famous "With great power comes great responsibility" line wasn't there either. I'd say the actors to me are much better than the original, but a lot of the important characters weren't in the film such as J Jonah Jameson, Harry and Norman Ozzy - BUT there were references to these characters, like how Dr Ratha needed Dr Connors to create a serum to save Norman Osborn's life throughout the film, and there was a newspaper article from the daily bugle stating if anyone caught a snapshot of the Lizard they would get a reward - And Peter actually tried to do it until Lizard broke his camera... For sequels I'd like to see these characters - and if they do use Green Goblin as the 2014 sequels villian, then I would like to see another side villian too - just to distance it's similarities to Raimi's Spidey series and just to be clear... MJ better not appear and they better not kill off Gwen Stacy until the final movie of the trilogy - So they can use her death to beat how dramatic Harry's death in Spider-Man 3 was (I actually broke a tear, just sayin').

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Video_Martian

I want Gwen Stacy kept alive and I wanna see as villains (in future films) Green Goblin (Norman Osborne), Kraven the Hunter, Vulture and Scorpion.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Superguy0009e

Spider Island

No Caption Provided
    Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jorgevy

Gwen doesn't have to die, YET. I actually thought about it during the movie, that maybe in this Cinematic Universe of the new reboot, she could be the main love interest and they could play with the whole, will she die or not thing, to mess with us in the action scenes. If they want to kill her and bring MJ, don't do it that fast and introduce MJ just before it

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bingbangboom

I hope the sequel just skips to college. Don't really need to see him still in high school. We got that. I don't really like the whole mystery they are doing with his parents because I don't think it was handled that well. There was an end scene with a shadowy figure but whats the point of it? Marvel did a good thing with it's own movies by showing the figure. It is sort of expected that the Green Goblin will be next which is fine but I am pretty sure he is going to be similar to the Ultimate version. Think Lizard but with fire powers, which just seems redundant. I don't think they should do the death of Gwen because we don't need that. It doesn't add anything to the character that has seen so much death already. I imagine they are trying to do at least 3 movies.

If they are trying to setup a more realistic universe while trying to make it major, the goal has to be big. Just like The Avengers was the major goal for Marvel's movies, I think the Sinister Six would be the goal for the third movie. These could be any six villains from the comics, one being the Lizard. Kraven the Hunter and Chameleon would make sense, due to their family ties and the somewhat realistic nature they could apply them.

Kraven could just be an assassin aka Hunter. Gets beat by Spider-Man a few times and then gets injected with a test serum that makes him more animalistic. Chameleon could just be a spy that uses makeup and other tricks. Juggling more than one villain can be a hard task but if done well it could make for a very interesting movie. Think almost like an Anti-Avengers team.

Minnon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Minnon

Introduce Harry and MJ in the second one. They both are dating and Peter and Harry become good friends. Build up the Norman/Goblin arc in the background while he fights someone else. This I'm not too sure about, so many choices. Kraven, Scorpion, and Vulture come to mind. Then in the third one, Norman becomes the Green Goblin and Gwen dies. If the series then continues after 3, build Peter's relationship with Mary Jane and introduce the symbiotes.

Citrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Citrus

I'd like to see Electro with GG on the side in #2. Then spidey finds Uncle Ben's murderer and puts him in jail rather than arresting him. And with #3 I want to see GG in the main and using small amounts of goblin gas (?) and spidey stomps him quickly. along with spidey getting the symbiote, a robber mugs and stabs aunt may on her walk home. Pete suits up in his black suit, kicks criminal ass on his way to jail, cripples the man that stabed Aunt may, and kills the man that killed uncle ben. When pete breaks into the jail, Norman escapes. Pete talks to Aunt May in a hospital, and gives up the symbiote, and then GG comes back, using an extreme amount of goblin gas (?) and Pete loses, GG kills Gwen, and then venom comes the **** out of nowhere and stomps GG because Flash is a spidey fan, and the symbiote's first host. Lol, the stuff I come up with. (Spelling may be off because I'm writing this with a touch screen device.)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By PunyParker

@Hunter114: Who's this guy?.................................................

No Caption Provided
    TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@bingbangboom: A lot of the same thoughts as me. They were at the end of their senior year in Amazing Spider-Man, so I wouldn't worry about more high school. I thought the exact same thing as you about Kraven. During the movie actually. I thought it'd be cool if he was a hitman kind of guy hired by Osborn who gets taken to the next level, or ends up helping Spider-Man.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Madame_Mist

Get some more characters in it like MJ and Harry. The characters they had were rather drab and goody goody.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hunter114

@PunyParker:

That's Jackie Chan... I'm going to assume that you're trying to make some kind of point... but you did it using a picture that doesn't really explain anything... I have no idea what you're replying to or the context that goes with it, thus your retort is completely pointless... I therefore retort in the exact same manner, whilst giving context and reasoning:

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PunyParker

@Hunter114: Yyyyyyeah......chill man, i just used humor, to show that the Green Goblin is a very famous Spiderman character......and i "pretended" to not know who he is , by asking "Who's this guy?....."...i used this this Jackie Chan picture as a famous 9gag meme that shows something is very obvious, and you dont know it......i simply used humor.....

9gag is an entairtenment site, that uses pictures to express emotions.....fun website... :s

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hunter114

@PunyParker said:

@Hunter114: Yyyyyyeah......chill man, i just used humor, to show that the Green Goblin is a very famous Spiderman character......and i "pretended" to not know who he is , by asking "Who's this guy?....."...i used this this Jackie Chan picture as a famous 9gag meme that shows something is very obvious, and you dont know it......i simply used humor.....

9gag is an entairtenment site, that uses pictures to express emotions.....fun website... :s

You didn't really use humor to show anything... I had no idea you were referring to the Green Goblin... because you never mentioned the Green Goblin, so it seemed like you were asking me who Jackie Chan was in some sarcastic effort which then lead to your insult through the "my brain is full of f**k" meme (which I'm fully aware of) which made no sense as there was no frame of reference from which to draw any context

I'm also familiar with meme sites like 9gag, 4chan, reddit etc... I'm really not THAT old... and you were really not that humorous

Mycroftian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mycroftian

I would like to see something close to Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut for the next movie. I want to see Spidey completely outclassed by some new threat and get stomped the entire movie. Of course, Juggernaut and Madame Web wouldn't make sense as characters in this context, so why not replace them with a couple other characters? Gwen still has that internship at Oscorp, right? Maybe she gets hold of some dirt on Osborn or something like that, and he sets some new abominations after her. I think she would be relatively easy to set up as a target for the new villain. Speaking of which, what villain best fits the Juggernaut's role? I could see Rhino or Scorpion working pretty well. Heck, maybe even both (though that would make for a lot of animal-themed characters. Spiders, Lizards, Rhinos, Scorpions. . .). What could make Spidey's plight seem more hopeless than going up against -two- powerhouses? We could see Gwen die, get Osborn built up even more as a villain, and see some pretty great action scenes.

No matter what the content of the second movie or the villain, I will be sorely disappointed if the final scene is not Osborn becoming the Goblin.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By Funrush

@War Killer said:

No Caption Provided
    @Hunter114 said:

@War Killer said:

um... this guy?

Why? If we've learned anything from previous movies, just because it happened in the comics doesn't mean it has to happen in the movies.

My main reasons for this are due to the fact that:
    • Gwen makes the perfectly love interest for Peter/Spidey; she's as smart as he is, understands the responsibility he feels with his powers and supports him despite the dangers, and is the shoulder he needs to lean on when things are weighing heavy on his shoulders.
    • Going back to her smarts, this world is very science'y, as we saw in this past movie Peter is dealing with threats that needs big brains who can grasp what it is they're dealing with and be able to actually do something about it. Which is something Gwen brings to the cast, along with Peter.
    • Her death wouldn't do much. In my opinion, her death wouldn't do anything else for Peter and I think having Gwen killed off in a sequel just steals the joy of despite all the crap Peter has to deal with, at least in the end he still has Gwen. He's already lost his parents, Uncle Ben, and feels responsible for Captain Stacy's death. I don't think adding Gwen to that list would add anything to Peter's character and seeing Peter left alone in the end wouldn't be such a great ending.
    • Mary Jane would not work in this kind of universe. Like I've mentioned before, this is a very hard-core science world we're dealing with, one where I feel an actress/model just wouldn't fit as she'd feel out-of-place and useless.
    Those are just a few reasons why I feel Gwen would be better off alive than just killing her off for the sake of "going by the comics" which at this point I'd rather just see them go in their own direction with the characters.

Yes, but Mary Jane is known way more than Gwen to the point that the main reason Gwen would be included is for a killing off scene. And, if done right, (like killing Gwen near the late beginning/middle of the movie) could leave time for Peter to develop a relationship with Mary Jane and overcome his guilt once and for all before fighting Goblin in the climax.

Although I'd prefer if they Scott Pilgrim'd it and killed her off in the end of the second one, and the third could be Peter's recovery.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PunyParker

@Hunter114: If you're so bothered by this, what can i say, i apologize my friend.....i just wanted to giggle! :)

And no, i dont think GG will be in the sequel, but i hope so.....he dessapeared in the Connors cell.....Goblin doesnt dessapear! (the original....i dont know what the "cross-spieces" Goblin will do....)

Jakesully1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jakesully1981

I hope we get Scorpion, Rhino, The Punisher, Hobgoblin, Kingpin, Morbius, Black-Cat, Venom, Carnage and Electro in some sequels.

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SpideyPresence

In this order

They need to introduce Green Goblin

Gwen needs to die

They need to introduce Venom and Black cat

They need to introduce Carnage

That would be my plan for the Spidey movies.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PunyParker

@SpideyPresence: With such good casting choices, i hope they will find good Norman Osborn, and Felicia Hardy...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.