amazing spider-man ENDS in december! #700 last issue!!

#1 Edited by zombietag (1490 posts) - - Show Bio

that's it boys and girls!! read the solicits here:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-comics-december-2012-solicitations.html

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700
DAN SLOTT (w) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (a)
Plus stories by JM DeMatteis & Giuseppe Camuncoli and Jen Van Meter & Stephanie Buscema
COVER BY MR. GARCIN
Steve Ditko (Unused Amazing Fantasy 15 Art) Variant Cover
ASM 50TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT - Marcos Martin
Martin Variant
WRAPAROUND VARIANT - Humberto Ramos
COIPEL VARIANT
QUESADA VARIANT
LAST ISSUE!
All New! 104 PGS./Rated T+ ...$7.99

obviously, the show will go on and itll start over. still though, what do you think?

#2 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I do wonder even more of what will happen in that issue 700.

#3 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

They are just re-numbering it. It makes sense from a marketing standpoint. When a new customer comes into a comic shop and sees Batman or Superman with only 13 or so issues and spidey with close to 700, they will choose the one with the fewest issues. It implies less has happened and therefore it is easier to catch up.

#4 Posted by zombietag (1490 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n said:

They are just re-numbering it. It makes sense from a marketing standpoint. When a new customer comes into a comic shop and sees Batman or Superman with only 13 or so issues and spidey with close to 700, they will choose the one with the fewest issues. It implies less has happened and therefore it is easier to catch up.

i get all that but its annoying because we all know theyre going to go back to normal numbering at some point

#5 Posted by Vermoot (95 posts) - - Show Bio

The went back to 300 on Wolverine, 500 on Iron Man, 600 on Captain America, they even got Journey into Mistery back from Thor !

#1s are cool, makes a starting point for anyone who never read a comic book, and that's what Marvel Now is about : keeping continuity while getting a starting point on every big series.

But yes, they will eventually take it back. Because #1 is great but #30 isn't. And #730 shows that a series is good.

#6 Posted by slvr4surfer (80 posts) - - Show Bio

But will it still be called The Amazing Spider-Man ?

#7 Posted by zombietag (1490 posts) - - Show Bio

@slvr4surfer said:

But will it still be called The Amazing Spider-Man ?

ill be VERY surprised if it isnt.

im surprised that no one here is super mad! i was a tad upset when i heard about this, but i thought for sure this would generate some more negative feedback

#8 Edited by SpideyFan113 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally say, the actual future of Spider-man will be determined after 700 comes out. Once we know the story, we'll have a good idea about whether its likely they'll go back to Amazing or not.

#9 Posted by Shika1Dude (111 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if they will reboot his actual story, PP back in high school and Gwen Stacy is alive

#10 Posted by ShirEPanjshir (587 posts) - - Show Bio

@zombietag: I hate it when they renumber series (its irritating and confusing). But there isn't much one can do about it. Plus so far I hear the creative team on the Spidey book stays the same. So as long as it has Slott + regular artists like Camuncoli, Caselli and Ramos I'm a happy camper.

#11 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually it's a bit sad. I would love the ASM to continue as it is. But i don't mind that much. It makes sense why they want to renumber it.

:)

#12 Posted by zombietag (1490 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shika1Dude said:

I wonder if they will reboot his actual story, PP back in high school and Gwen Stacy is alive

i can almost promise with 100% certainty this wont happen

@ShirEPanjshir said:

@zombietag: I hate it when they renumber series (its irritating and confusing). But there isn't much one can do about it. Plus so far I hear the creative team on the Spidey book stays the same. So as long as it has Slott + regular artists like Camuncoli, Caselli and Ramos I'm a happy camper.

agreed.

@spidey 15 said:

Actually it's a bit sad. I would love the ASM to continue as it is. But i don't mind that much. It makes sense why they want to renumber it.

:)

i know! i agree

#13 Posted by kamakazi152 (152 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sad to see Amazing spider-Man renumbered. Isn't it the longest running (highest numbered) series in Marvel right now?

#15 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll try to catch up with Spider-man series till december. I am at issue #400 and have 60 days so it will be some hard stuff.

#16 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7583 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate this renumbering business, its such a pain looking back though collections have having so many different one and series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.