Amazing spider-man #700 theory

#1 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15917 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Strider92 (15262 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol I posted the same thing on another thread literally 1 minute ago O.O coincidence ftw? And i'll be honest this theory scares me. I hope there is nothing to it.

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Lol I posted the same thing on another thread literally 1 minute ago O.O coincidence ftw? And i'll be honest this theory scares me. I hope there is nothing to it.

agreed

#4 Posted by pulseangel666 (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't think it is going to happen with spidey getting ocs arms. In the pics from the marvel now avengers covers there is no extra arms.

#5 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite part about Dan Slott is in that interview excerpt "Keep Reading" .. hopefully everyone and their mother can hold the "ZOMG I'M NEVER READING MARVEL AGAIN EVER" reaction and "Keep Reading"

#6 Posted by Gonzo33 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

It's actually quite a good idea, but not as a permanent thing. Would be a hard sell for the whole Marvel NOW! Of "remember kids you're favourite hero from the movies? EIGHT ARMS!"

#7 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I can really see this happening and I think it would be a great idea. I maintain that Aunt May is going to be killed off somehow as well though.

#8 Edited by Strider92 (15262 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen a lot of theories about whats going to happen in Spider-man 700 (and had a few of my own) but after going through a lot I think I may have decided on my final idea on whats going to go down in Spider-man 700. New York is going to get blown up. Yep that. These are the hints we've been given:

-Slott has been setting it up all year

-Its going to cause controversy

-It's going to effect the whole Marvel Universe

-Wacker has said there's a bigger change going on that no-one seems to have noticed yet even though its in plain sight

This would apply to all of these. Now you may be thinking ok why? Well one reason is that there is some underlying evidence for this cleverly hidden in some of the previews for future Marvel comics.

Here for example: http://www.legionofcomics.co.uk/acatalog/DAREDEVIL_COMIC_SECTION.html

Check out what it says:

Written by Mark Waid, art Chris Samnee, cover by Paolo Rivera.
The year's most critically acclaimed comic book is back as BLIND MAN BLUFFED continues!
Daredevil's newest threat, The Coyote, is not what Matt expects.
Say Goodbye to NYC, Matt Murdock.

Why Would DD ever leave New York?

Thats not all check out what it says about Venom: http://ridiculouslyawesome.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/venom-moves-to-philadelphia/

Why would Venom be relocating to Philadelphia?

These are two hints but here's another two. By now I guess you've all already seen the covers to ASM 700?

What do they have in common? They both feature a New York skyline!

This fits the criteria:

-It has been built up all year (Ends Of The Earth I will explain why this is relevant later)

-It will cause controversy! Spider-man not in New York wtf!? Not to mention they just destroyed one of the biggest real life cities in New York. Not to mention a lot of characters could die (Mary Jane? aunt May?).

-It effects the entire Marvel universe.

-It fits what Steve Wacker was saying.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

But how could it happen?

There are two ways.

1st Theory:

Alpha Spidey's "sidekick" goes nuts and unleashes his Alpha level threat power taking New York in the process! He has the power to do so. Even Reed Richards thinks so:

Not to mention we've seen what happens when Alpha gets annoyed:

There is one reason I do not believe this will be the case! Spider-man wants to cure Alpha and is going to have a show down with him in the next issue. I believe he will cure him and that will end Alpha. Another reason is that Dr Ock is going to make a big appearance so I believe he will be the main bad guy in this arc! Not Alpha!

Final Theory:

Ok here goes! Dr Ock is dying and we also know he finds out Peter is Spider-man but how may you ask? This is where Ends Of the Earth comes into play:

Dr Ock has been copying Spider-man's tech but we never asked ourselves how? Well here's how I think it's been going. We've seen the introduction of Otto's Octobots back in ASM 600 where Ock was using them to spy and attack the city. I think he's been using them to spy on Parker and that he already knows Peter is Spider-man as he's seen that Spider-man is using tech designed by Peter Parker. So how does this go hand in hand with Ock? Otto wants to be remembered through fear and never be forgotten he tried to accomplish this in Ends Of The Earth and failed. Now he's on his last legs with nothing to lose and his only wish is that he be remembered (his arc is called "Dying Wish" hint hint).

So how will Ock be remembered through fear? By blowing up New York. Not only will he be remembered but he will also take out the town his nemesis has fought to protect. Two birds with one stone! So how will Otto accomplish this? If he has been using his octo-bots to spy on Peter then he will know that Spider-man has stumbled onto Parker Particles and we all know what these babies can do!

Ok thats all well and good but Otto is bed ridden and his octo-bots were destroyed in Ends Of The Earth before Peter discovered the particles so how can he use them?

Wrong! Not all his bot's are dead we saw this at the end of EOTE:

and Slott has even said:

"Yes that little octo-bot is important"

So what if this bot were to witness the experiment that created Alpha and fed this information onto its master? Otto wouldn't accomplish what he intended in EOTE but he would be feared and he would also be using Spider-man's own technology to destroy what he'd tried to protect. Not to mention he would prove Spider-man wrong:

So there. Thats my final theory. Dr Ock is going to use Parker Particles to destroy New York just like he tried to use Parker's tech to destroy the world! New York is gonna go boom!

My brain hurts now.........

#9 Posted by ChaosMarvel (987 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: That makes a scary amount of sense. I actually think this is what might happen O.O

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Excellent theories but here's my theory, plain and simple: Peter kills Otto while the entirety of New York watches as Otto secretly broadcasts it.

#11 Posted by Lvenger (16042 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Strider92: Excellent theories but here's my theory, plain and simple: Peter kills Otto while the entirety of New York watches as Otto secretly broadcasts it.

Oh now that's plausible. But then what does Alpha have to do with it all then?

#12 Edited by Ms. Omega (4196 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Doc Ock may use Alpha's powers as a catalyst to set off the destruction of New York or transfer his mind into Alphas body.

#13 Posted by Lvenger (16042 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ms. Omega said:

@Lvenger said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Doc Ock may use Alpha's powers as a catalyst to set off the destruction of New York or transfer his mind into Alphas body.

Huh again plausible. But blowing up their superhero hotspot might backfire a bit.

#14 Posted by Vulshock (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Ock will learn Peters identity, but instead of going directly after Peter he will kill Aunt May. If Ock kills May, Peter will never forget him.

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Otto planned it all to distract Peter from his true intentions possibly? Or perhaps he helps Otto solidify his thoughts about Peter's secret identity?

#16 Posted by grenade728 (736 posts) - - Show Bio

There are some interesting (and plausible) theories all up in this thread!

#17 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they'll destroy new York. Mostly because its an actual city. I agree more with Deranged Midget. I think Spiderman will kill somebody purposefully, (Whether that be Doc Ock or Alpha) and that will turn everyone against him. Or at least New York against him

#18 Posted by PurpleCandy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good and Spiderman #47 where he takes on the shocker was on The Mentalist.

#19 Posted by GillaDro (230 posts) - - Show Bio

In social animals, the alpha is the individual in the community with the highest rank. Where one male and one female fulfill this role, they are referred to as the alpha pair. Other animals in the same social group may exhibit deference or other symbolic signs of respect particular to their species towards the alpha.

The alpha animals are the first to eat and the first to mate; among some species they are the only animals in the pack to mate. Other animals in the community are usually killed or ousted if they violate this rule. Animals tend to live in groups with a specific social order due to their natural tendency. The leader of the pack is called the alpha male; there may also be an alpha female depending on the species.

The alpha achieves its status by means of superior physical prowess, though it can also employ social efforts and build alliances. The individual in the alpha position usually changes when another challenges it to a fight and wins. In some species the fight may be to the death. Alphas may have to fight individuals in their own group several times to maintain their position throughout their lifetimes, though they do not live under constant attack from challengers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.