Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Amazing Spider-Man #700 Theories?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#151  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92: But Ock's supposed to die! This doesn't make any sense! How can he cheat death? Wait this is comic books I shouldn't be answering the question. I'd read the solicit for Avenging Spider-Man 17 though.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#152  Edited By Strider1992
    @Lvenger: Apparently: 
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92: I read the solicit for that issue of Daredevil as well. I assumed that it meant that Doc Ock gave Stilt Man the upgrade before his demise. Hence the last minute mention in its solicit

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger: It does say last minute help. Which infers he must have been there to help Stilty out if not it wouldn't have been last minute.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92: Maybe it's a plan Doc Ock puts into preparation before he dies? If it's not then it really does demean the whole point of what Ock's been through in the lead up to his death only to get a prolonged life.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger: I guess its possible but if thats the case why would it be in a DareDevil centered story and if Ock didn't survive how would he know to target Superior?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92: Maybe he owes Stilt Man a favour or something? It might not be a direct attack on the Superior Spider-Man, just a legacy left over by Doc Ock.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#158  Edited By PunyParker

Am i the only one who thinks that Waid(Daredevil writer) hates Spidey's guts?... 
    I mean he portraid Spiderman like a total weakling and a annoying little guy in DD #8 (with Black Cat...remember?)  and i really dont want to see Superior Spiderman become the same in the upcoming team-up with DD...... 

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By PunyParker

I am supporting the mind switch theory.....cause it guarantees the Peter return!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger: Another thing I hadn't considered is what if its amnesia. According to BleedingCool Dr Strange is somehow involved with Superior.

What if Dr Ock after finding out Peter's identity as an act of revenge sends a message or broadcast to the entire world (like he did in 600 he hacked all the computers and TV's to broadcast a message using octobots) that Peter Parker is Spider-man. Ock is apparently assembling a lot of villains for 698 what if this is how he does it. This causes Dr Strange's spell to break so everyone everywhere will know Peter is Spider-man (as Strange said this is what would happen). So suddenly Peter is beset on all sides by his enemies who now remember who he is. They come to attack him all the way untill 700 when Peter goes to Dr Strange to ask him to do the mind wipe again. Strange has already said this was to dangerous to repeat but Peter convinces him to do it.

As Strange is doing the spell to make people forget something goes wrong just like Strange predicted and instead of simply masking Peter's identity to everyone it erases Peter completely from their minds. No one ever knew he existed including Strange (his spell worked on himself and Peter). Peter is now stuck with no identity but Spider-man. Has no idea who he is and because he has no memory doesn't remember the "with great power comes great responsibility" line so he will no longer have morals to restrain him.

Peter Parker is no longer Spider-man as Slott said because Peter Parker doesn't exist only Spider-man. Mary Jane and Spider-man are free to try and find each other again. She would technically only be dating Spider-man because Peter Parker doesn't exist. Everything ends in a flash of gold like Madame Webb said as that could be the Octobot that televises Peter's identity across the world. the picture of him speaking to his Uncle Ben in that preview by Wacker may not be his death but simply his psyche talking to him telling him not to forget who he is (which is then followed by the mind wipe). Peter would now not know who he is hence the name of the first issue "Hero or Menace" because he has no recollection of who he was he'd have to make a moral decision based on nothing at all about whether to be a hero or a villain. There's no Uncle Ben to guide him this time so the choice is on him. We already know that Peter before becoming Spider-man was capable of being an a$$hole (letting the burglar go for example) this would take Spider-man back to that time where he had no moral code thus explaining the brutal treatment of his villains.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92: Woah. That is... I can't believe I didn't think of this before. I never looked at things that way before. This is just brilliant mate. You've done it again. How many theories are you on now? 10, or is it 15 now? You are seriously on the ball with this!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92: Basically.....all theories(except Miguel) end up to Peter's body .....mind or way of thinking can be other, but body Pete....i can live with that..!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger: No idea how many lol. If I think of something that seems interesting I post it!

@PunyParker said:

@Strider92: Basically.....all theories(except Miguel) end up to Peter's body .....mind or way of thinking can be other, but body Pete....i can live with that..!

Well what we've got to remember is although Slott is Spider-man's writer he is also a big fan of Spider-man himself and has been reading him since he was a kid (40 years I think Slott said). Its not possible to follow a character that long and not care what happens to him. This is why I think the Spider-man we see will most likely be Peter in some form or another. Slott isn't twisted enough to kill off Peter a character he's been following for 40 years and that he has commented time and time again that he loves. I know if I was writing a character i'd invested that much time in I couldn't simply kill him off, i'd pull out some way for Peter to remain Spider-man but have a totally different dynamic (if someone did have to take his place temporarily however Miguel and Kaine are the best two choices).

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92: I agree on that....also Stan Lee(if he cares) wouldnt let anyone kill Pete....i think....

I think its Peter Parker's body....not Miguel....not Kaine.....(Kaine is the Scarlet Spider,for god's sake...)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Strider1992

@PunyParker said:

@Strider92: I agree on that....also Stan Lee(if he cares) wouldnt let anyone kill Pete....i think....

I think its Peter Parker's body....not Miguel....not Kaine.....(Kaine is the Scarlet Spider,for god's sake...)

I agree its definitely not Kaine. What I was saying was that he is a solid choice for a temporary replacement. Its already been confirmed thats not happening though.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92: i really start to think (as theories pop up) that its gonna be ASM #701.....just named Superior for promoting's sake.....just another story...different costume....

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Lvenger

@PunyParker said:

I agree on that....also Stan Lee(if he cares) wouldnt let anyone kill Pete....i think....

Oh that's a good point. I know Stan Lee isn't that interested or takes part in current Marvel comics but you'd think he'd at least be aware of the general scheme of what's going on. Plus Spidey has died before so killing him isn't something new.

@PunyParker said:

i really start to think (as theories pop up) that its gonna be ASM #701.....just named Superior for promoting's sake.....just another story...different costume....

If they were continuing with ASM, they wouldn't have introduced a new volume. I had to resubscribe to Superior Spider-Man online as my ASM subscription was ending so I'm very sure that Superior Spider-Man is a new volume.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By PunyParker

@Lvenger said:

If they were continuing with ASM, they wouldn't have introduced a new volume. I had to resubscribe to Superior Spider-Man online as my ASM subscription was ending so I'm very sure that Superior Spider-Man is a new volume.

Yeah,i know it's a different vol. .....just saying sarcastically that it's the same story(continuation of Amazing..).....and i am almost sure that all this hype that we are going through a month now,is overreacting.....its Pete with another mentallity(that we talked earlier) or something....

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#169  Edited By Sinfulplayerx
    No Caption Provided

Still can't get this out of my head no matter how many Theories....

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

I think Aunt May dies, Peter is devastated, so he retires a while.

Then some crazy dude, (Harry, Ben, Miguel, or Edddie) will become the new Spider-Man.

But Peter will continue to work as a superhero....

Hopefully Slott wouldn't just leave him behind for too long.

Plus Stan might rant about this change in World of Heroes.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#171  Edited By wr3h

@Sinfulplayerx said:

No Caption Provided

Still can't get this out of my head no matter how many Theories....

seems legit.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Strider1992

@wr3h: Although Miguel is a very good possibility there is however 1 design flaw. Miguel has claws on all of his toes not just the big one. So unless they decided just to give Miguel 1 claw instead of a full set then it ain't him:

No Caption Provided
    wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By wr3h

@Strider92 said:

@wr3h: Although Miguel is a very good possibility there is however 1 design flaw. Miguel has claws on all of his toes not just the big one. So unless they decided just to give Miguel 1 claw instead of a full set then it ain't him:

No Caption Provided

As true as there is, there's always the simple possibility that the one toed thing is design choice - maybe to act comfy?

looks awfully familar to those camel-toe (giggle) shoes.

:D ?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Strider1992

@wr3h: It is perfectly possible. Miguel would do a good job as Spider-man.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By wr3h

@Strider92: Agreed.

But.

This.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Strider1992

@wr3h: Well covers aren't accurate. We had a cover of Hulk walking away from a defeated Ghost Rider during WWH when in comic Ghost Rider went all out and would have stomped Hulk. This could be the case here. Simply alluding to something rather than this literally being the case.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By wr3h

@Strider92 said:

@wr3h: Well covers aren't accurate. We had a cover of Hulk walking away from a defeated Ghost Rider during WWH when in comic Ghost Rider went all out and would have stomped Hulk. This could be the case here. Simply alluding to something rather than this literally being the case.

So Miguel's a playa playa?

:D

I like him already.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Strider1992
    wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By wr3h

@Strider92: Wow. That thread was a great one!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Strider1992

@TheAcidSkull: Perhaps stomped was a bad choice of words lol but Hulk isn't taking a majority with Zarathos in control of Blaze.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Strider1992

@TheAcidSkull said:

anyways about spider-man, can't wait the latest issue one wendsday,!

Yep me too. Won't get to read it until a week later though as i'm going on a trip next week. So i'll have to wait until the week after T.T

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Strider1992

@TheAcidSkull: Ha. I'll let you know if I do! :p

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By PunyParker
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Strider1992

@PunyParker said:

I still want,and support the Peter body theory.....

The dude said....ITS NOT MIGUEL!! http://www.comicvine.com/spider-man/29-1443/superior-spider-man-is-not-miguel-ohara/92-718978/#16

There are 2 Miguel's with Spider powers and weird eyes. Saying its not Miguel doesn't rule them both out. You've got Miguel Legar and Miguel O'Hara. Simply saying its not Miguel could be trying to throw us off in the meaning that its not Miguel Leger but O'Hara or that its not O'Hara but Legar.

As you said the man said its not Miguel he didn't specify which surname.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#189  Edited By mewmdude77

@Strider92 said:

@PunyParker said:

I still want,and support the Peter body theory.....

The dude said....ITS NOT MIGUEL!! http://www.comicvine.com/spider-man/29-1443/superior-spider-man-is-not-miguel-ohara/92-718978/#16

There are 2 Miguel's with Spider powers and weird eyes. Saying its not Miguel doesn't rule them both out. You've got Miguel Legar and Miguel O'Hara. Simply saying its not Miguel could be trying to throw us off in the meaning that its not Miguel Leger but O'Hara or that its not O'Hara but Legar.

As you said the man said its not Miguel he didn't specify which surname.

Also, Dan could just have said that to throw people off the trail, and it could still be Miguel O'Hara.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Strider1992

@mewmdude77: Yeah he said Connors would kill the Lizard during "No Turning Back" and that Spider-man wouldn't get his Spider-sense back. We both know these aren't true. Well the 1st is debatable metaphorically speaking.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By PunyParker

c'mon now.....when he mentions miguel....he means the one who we are talking all about....O'Hara.....dont be blind....

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

There's more then one from different Earths.... That was my idea from the beginning. Specifically 1 in particular. I got to admit Slott made me interested in Spiderman. I was only collecting Venom and Kaine books because I like my heroes not so goody-to-shoes. I would love some Spiderman 2099 action. Dam you Marvel must I add another book to my pull list....

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92: Miguel Legar! I forgot about that dude! He could be the Superior Spider-Man! Probably not but he could. And Slott did say "This is Marvel Now, not Marvel 2099" or something like that which if true, would count Miguel O'Hara out.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger: Yep like O'Hara he's got something weird with his eyes and Spider-powers:

Miguel Legar
    Miguel Legar
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92: Am I right in thinking he was a former roommate of Peter's? Or was that someone else?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger said:

@Strider92: Am I right in thinking he was a former roommate of Peter's? Or was that someone else?

Miguel Legar is the head of the Spider-Society. Are you thinking of Vin Gozales? The guy Harry beat the crap out of.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92 said:

@Lvenger said:

Miguel Legar is the head of the Spider-Society. Are you thinking of Vin Gozales? The guy Harry beat the crap out of.

Yep that's who I'm thinking of. When did Harry beat him up?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger: I don't know if you remeber but Vin turned up and revealed to Harry that he was one of Norman Osborn's followers and threatened Harry's son:

No Caption Provided

Well in ASM 647 Harry went all psycho Green Goblin and beat him pulp for threatening his son:

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92: I didn't start reading ASM until ASM 668. But I was following ASM for a while but I didn't remember this scene. Thanks for the scans though!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger: That moment gave me a new liking for Harry. With the American Son arc of Harry beating his Dad up and then kicking the crap out of Vin he's turning into a real bada$$. Shame he's off in Europe atm with his son T.T I want him back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.