Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Amazing Spider-Man #700 Theories?

mzultan17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By mzultan17

Wasn't it stated in the epilogue of Spider-Island that if one more person realized he was spider-man the spell to make everyone forget his identity would be broken? If so that might be what the shock is for #700

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

I hope Alpha dies.....

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By danhimself

@mzultan17 said:

Wasn't it stated in the epilogue of Spider-Island that if one more person realized he was spider-man the spell to make everyone forget his identity would be broken? If so that might be what the shock is for #700

no....what happened was because he made the video showing himself using his powers during Spider-Island the spell keeping people from figuring out his identity was broken...no one will remember his identity but they can now due the detective work and figure it out

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By SavageDragon

I hope Peter is forced to kill Alpha. Who is with me?

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@SavageDragon said:

I am.

Webjaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106  Edited By Webjaker

@SavageDragon said:

Pretty sure that's whats going to happen.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#107  Edited By mewmdude77

@Webjaker said:

@SavageDragon said:

I still think that Alpha will kill MJ, so Spidey will have to kill Alpha.

Webjaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Webjaker

There is no way they would kill MJ - people really WOULD hunt him "To the Ends of the Earth"

But he will most certainly have to kill alpha

bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By bb2

My theory is a bit different. Peter feels responsible for Alpha. In ASM 699, Peter will be fighting Doc Ock, but Peter is holding to his values and not killing him...but is steadily losing the battle because of it... In swoops Alpha to save the day and kills Doc Ock in the ensuing melee. Probably by Alpha overloading his powers and exploding or something. Peter is pretty seriously injured. ASM #700 opens with an injured Peter also dealing with the guilt of someone being killed by a sidekick under his responsibility, so he decides to call it quits, at least for a while. But a new Spiderman will emerge, perhaps under Peter's tutelage. This new Spiderman will carry the mantle for some 20-30 issues while Peter recuperates and deals with his crisis of conscience. It has to be someone a bit unique, with an interesting personality and storyline. My guess - Uatu Jackson! Uatu discovers that Peter is Spidey because this guy in Horizon who has been sabotaging things leaves Peter's lab unlocked and Uatu stumbles in there. Turns out that Uatu is an interesting young guy and there are new characters and storylines. He builds powers based on technology, not innate powers (he's a genius after all). Peter gets back with MJ, setting up stories for what happens when he comes back 20-30 issues from now. The only downside with this theory is that Uatu is too similar to the Spidey character in the Ultimate universe.

weenman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110  Edited By weenman1

Miguel Legar as the new Spider-Man?

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By acer51

It's simple we kill the spider.

FatFriar_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#112  Edited By FatFriar_16

@Webjaker said:

Aunt May - Most likely - but she's like 130 years old, and a useless character (sorry) - guess the issue would be that it would negate the One More Day storyline (which could have repercussions of memories returned)

I really like this idea. But, I don't think it's shocking enough. It isn't something that would make the writer "go into hiding." Because, it's secretly-or not so secretly-something everyone wants to happen anyway... especially after One More Day.

Scarlet_Spyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Scarlet_Spyder

@mewmdude77 said:

@Webjaker said:

@SavageDragon said:

I still think that Alpha will kill MJ, so Spidey will have to kill Alpha.

The new Spidey is supposed to have a relationship with MJ, so a no go there.

As well, there is going to be an Alpha miniseries following ASM #700 in which Alpha has to go back to visit Peter for check ups and such...so, Peter will not die in 700.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2012/11/01/alpha-spider-man-series/1675057/

Webjaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Webjaker

My only guess from the influx of news is that Kaine (Scarlet Spider) will become THE Spider-man until Peter returns from (whatever??)

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

Doc Oc:

"I love you SpiderMan...... or should I say Peter Parker!"......

....You had me at "Thwip"

Doc Oc dies end scene

Avatar image for deactivated-62dfe515b2439
    deactivated-62dfe515b2439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha and Peter are going to switch bodies!!!!!!! dun, dun, duuuuuuunnnnnnnn......

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#117  Edited By Strider1992

I'm starting to think that Dying Wish might be referring too Julia Carpenter and not Dr Ock (just annoying us by switching the obvious). We all saw she's in a coma at the moment. Maybe Peter gets badly injured in his fight with all the villains appearing in 699 apparently Scorpion, Lizard and Hydro Man are going to be in that arc. If Peter is crippled in the fight he is the next person with the strongest connection to the Web Of Life makes sense that Julia would want him to replace her. Not to mention this leaves peter free to help/guide the new Spider-man as well as continue working at Horizon like its hinted at in the Alpha series.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#118  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92: I can guess Hydro Man from Madame Web's vision of the future in 695 but where did you find out that Scorpion's appearing in 699? And damn you for coming up with another possible theory that sounds like an awesomely possible plot twist! Peter as the new Mr Web would mean he would still be involved with the world of Spider-Man whilst continuing his work at Horizon. But again where did you hear that Peter might be working at Horizon still? And Doc Ock is entering his final hours in this last story so it's hopefully a given that he'll die.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger: I heard about Scorpion here from the interview with Slott about Dying Wish. Ock is going to set a lot of Spider-man villains on him: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42033

Heres the paragraph itself:

Okay. Let's circle back and talk a little bit more about the last half of "Dying Wish." The solicits for Issue #698 suggests that Doc Ock uses his discovery of Peter Parker's identity to try and mobilize an army of Spider-Man's foes. So can you talk about, hint, or tease some of the villains we'll see in "Dying Wish?"
    If you go back to the Madame Web flash forward in #695, that double page spread that teased a lot of the Marvel NOW! stuff as well, you will see that Scorpion is one of the villains in there. It looks like we'll be seeing the Lizard again, and Hydro-Man will be in the story. Plus there may be a surprise or two as well.
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92: Ah cool. Thanks!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#121  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Strider92 said:

I'm starting to think that Dying Wish might be referring too Julia Carpenter and not Dr Ock (just annoying us by switching the obvious). We all saw she's in a coma at the moment. Maybe Peter gets badly injured in his fight with all the villains appearing in 699 apparently Scorpion, Lizard and Hydro Man are going to be in that arc. If Peter is crippled in the fight he is the next person with the strongest connection to the Web Of Life makes sense that Julia would want him to replace her. Not to mention this leaves peter free to help/guide the new Spider-man as well as continue working at Horizon like its hinted at in the Alpha series.

Oh snap, that's quite the theory you have there. It would make for an interesting twist to have Peter become the teacher and basically be mentoring a brand new Spider-Man. But I can't see how well that would turn out especially after Alpha.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Lvenger

@Deranged Midget said:

@Strider92 said:

Oh snap, that's quite the theory you have there. It would make for an interesting twist to have Peter become the teacher and basically be mentoring a brand new Spider-Man. But I can't see how well that would turn out especially after Alpha.

To be fair Alpha turned into a massive douche once he got his powers and became more of a celebrity superhero rather than a clear cut hero. In the past, Peter's been an effective mentor and if this particular well constructed theory of Strider92's turns out to be correct, Peter would be a competent teacher IMO. With all the theories he's come up with, I'm sure Strider's gonna be right somehow when December comes around.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Lvenger: Well if I remember correctly, Peter was jealous of Alpha because he got to use his powers in a fashion that he wished to. And I still think my theory will hold! If I can remember it... :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Lvenger

@Deranged Midget: Wait you have a theory on ASM 700? Oh of course you do. Everyone has a theory on that! I need my own crackpot theory on Spidey's future now!

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Lvenger: Oh yes! I had thought of one quite a while ago.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Lvenger

@Deranged Midget: I think I had one on Aunt May and something along those lines as well.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Lvenger: If I remember correctly, I had thoughts that in some way, Doc Ock might've killed someone near to Peter, presumably Aunt May and it caused him to snap. Peter in turn, would then possibly kill Doc Ock and cause the Web of Life to break apart, changing him completely.

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By kingjoeg

I swear in the double page spread of madame web's vision of the future you could see Peter with hydro man's powers.

Did anyone else see that?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Lvenger

@Deranged Midget: Ah yes that was the one! You came up with that, not me.

@kingjoeg: I know what you mean but Peter doesn't have Hydro Man's powers. Hydro Man is just going to be one of the villains Ock recruits to enact his final act of revenge against Spider-Man.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

@Deranged Midget said:

@Lvenger: If I remember correctly, I had thoughts that in some way, Doc Ock might've killed someone near to Peter, presumably Aunt May and it caused him to snap. Peter in turn, would then possibly kill Doc Ock and cause the Web of Life to break apart, changing him completely.

This

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By kingjoeg

@Lvenger: I know he doesn't have hydro mans powers, but there could be some power swapping going on. Maybe that's how whoever takes over as spider-man gets his powers. It's definatley a picture of Peter with a watery body, so how do you explain that then?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Strider1992

@kingjoeg said:

@Lvenger: I know he doesn't have hydro mans powers, but there could be some power swapping going on. Maybe that's how whoever takes over as spider-man gets his powers. It's definatley a picture of Peter with a watery body, so how do you explain that then?

Well that picture could be Hydro-man attempting to drown Pete or it could simply be how Ramos draws Hydro-Man.

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By kingjoeg

@Strider92: Could be, everything is "could be". This whole topic is based on "could be" lol. Maybe a better question to ask is what would everyone love to happen in ASM 700? Would you mind seeing Peter die or live, that sort of thing.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Deranged Midget

@TheAcidSkull: True, but I trust him.

AD47575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By AD47575

we know its not miles. Superior spiderman 2 shows the guys white. We know mjs not dead. Superior 2 shows her as well. It could possibly be Miguel o hara spidey 2099 cause slott teased it on his account. I reckon doc ock blackmails Peter into doing something terrible which wounds him mentally and physically turning him into an unstable villain. Norman Osborn could return coz the latest 700 variant shows spidey fighting a green figure on a glider.

DinoBotLog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By DinoBotLog1

I doubt Miles would take over as Spider-Man. He's a toddler in the Mainstream universe.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#138  Edited By PunyParker

Lemme get this straight....the ONLY Peter Parker/Spider-Man in comics after January....will be the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon based comic?.....thats just ridiculus....peeeeeeerfect Christmas.......kill me

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

Spidercide

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#140  Edited By PunyParker

@Sinfulplayerx said:

Spidercide

I would say "HELL YEAH!!" but i'm too dissaponted in the whole Superior thing....

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Strider1992

@Deranged Midget: As you said if Peter were to die the web would find someone to replace him. What if it decides to resurrect Ezekiel? When he died he realized he'd done nothing with his life and sacrificed himself to save Peter. He was eaten by that Spider totem because there were to many Spider-totem's running around. With Peter gone that would no longer be the case. If the web decides to bring back Ezekiel it could decide to give him his youth back. It would make sense as Ezekiel always wished he could have helped people like Peter did but he always put it off. Bringing him back young and with some new powers would give him a chance to rectify everything he'd done wrong in the past. He fits Slott's profile:

• He could be smarter than Peter. He built a whole god damn room that would protect Peter from Morlun.
    • His eyes go weird when he gets angry.
    No Caption Provided
    • He has serious Spider-man pedigree. nuff said:

• He is billionaire. Designing a new costume and gadgets wouldn't be hard.
    • He's not Peter Parker.
    • Ezekiel didn't use his powers that much or have a very big sense of responsibility it wouldn't be surprising that he becomes more violent than Pete (heck he tried to kill Pete once).

His connection to the web and totems could also explain his resurrection (it brought Peter back to life once already surely it could do the same to Ezekiel). As I said before the only reason Ezekiel was being hunted in the first place was because there was one to many people with the Spider-Totem running around. With Peter gone the web would restore order as Julia said and what better way then to bring back Ezekiel as he's the next best person with a claim to the powerset and name.

If they don't use Miguel a newly ressurected and young Ezekiel would be awesome as it gives him a chance to right everything he did wrong and he'd also be haunted by the fact that he is only alive because Peter is dead. Thats a good motivation to be Spider-man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6179a9df861
    deactivated-5d6179a9df861

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found a quit interesting idea to whom the new spidey could be from spidermancrawlspace.com

Guys,

I hate to blow it for you, but the Superior Spiderman is NORMAN OSBORN. And no, I didn’t read ASM 698. The clues were evident in today’s issue 697.

As we know, Norman escaped from the Hospital in #697.

Since Norman has the Super-Adaptoid power from Avengers, he can Absorb Peter’s Spiderman Powers. Also, since Norman has always considered himself “Superior” to Peter, he could prove to the world that he is a better Spiderman (kinda like Kraven did 20 years ago.)

Also, this would allow Peter to stay with Horizon Labs.

And it would allow Norman to be with Mary Jane (he already had Gwen….)

And he could go after Phil Urich for stealing his tech for two different identies.

And he could then infiltrate the Avengers for revenge!

Lots of great plot possibilities, and really add to the mythos between Norman and Peter…

Thoughts?

Credit to Daddypool.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Strider1992

@pulseangel666: I swear I may have bitten out a tooth grinding my teeth as I read that. This part in particular:

@pulseangel666 said:

And it would allow Norman to be with Mary Jane (he already had Gwen….)

Although some parts do fit. The Super-Adaptoid is a nice twist I honestly don't think this would happen. If an Osborn has to be Spider-man then i'd prefer Harry. Not to mention Pete would have to be dead before letting Norman take over (which is looking less and less likely).

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92 said:

@Deranged Midget: As you said if Peter were to die the web would find someone to replace him. What if it decides to resurrect Ezekiel? When he died he realized he'd done nothing with his life and sacrificed himself to save Peter. He was eaten by that Spider totem because there were to many Spider-totem's running around. With Peter gone that would no longer be the case. If the web decides to bring back Ezekiel it could decide to give him his youth back. It would make sense as Ezekiel always wished he could have helped people like Peter did but he always put it off. Bringing him back young and with some new powers would give him a chance to rectify everything he'd done wrong in the past. He fits Slott's profile:

• He could be smarter than Peter. He built a whole god damn room that would protect Peter from Morlun.
    • His eyes go weird when he gets angry.
    No Caption Provided
    • He has serious Spider-man pedigree. nuff said:

• He is billionaire. Designing a new costume and gadgets wouldn't be hard.
    • He's not Peter Parker.
    • Ezekiel didn't use his powers that much or have a very big sense of responsibility it wouldn't be surprising that he becomes more violent than Pete (heck he tried to kill Pete once).

His connection to the web and totems could also explain his resurrection (it brought Peter back to life once already surely it could do the same to Ezekiel). As I said before the only reason Ezekiel was being hunted in the first place was because there was one to many people with the Spider-Totem running around. With Peter gone the web would restore order as Julia said and what better way then to bring back Ezekiel as he's the next best person with a claim to the powerset and name.

If they don't use Miguel a newly ressurected and young Ezekiel would be awesome as it gives him a chance to right everything he did wrong and he'd also be haunted by the fact that he is only alive because Peter is dead. Thats a good motivation to be Spider-man.

Dude you're coming up with a new frickin theory every week! This is another great one! I remember good ol Ezekiel. JMS brought him in to add a mystical/supernatural edge to Spidey's origins. An interesting take to say the least.

@pulseangel666: And now I know what happens in 697. Knew I should've stayed out of the ASM 700 forum. Though no one would even accept a sociopath being the new Spider-Man. Highly unlikely IMO.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger: I actually want to see Ezekiel again now lol! I liked that guy.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Mutant God

Peter dies and tells Max to give all his spider equipment to a young scientist named Miles Morales.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger: Apparently Dr Strange is involved with whatever happens to Spider-man! I wonder what thats about.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#148  Edited By Stormbox

I think its obvious. Its batman!

No Caption Provided

Shut up photoshop was getting slow for some reason :p

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger@Deranged Midget I found something while looking through the the preview for Spider-man in 2013 and I think I may have stumbled on something. Don't read the Spoiler if you don't want to know: 

Another Spoiler if you're interested: 
    Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#150  Edited By Funrush

@Strider92 said:

@Lvenger@Deranged Midget I found something while looking through the the preview for Spider-man in 2013 and I think I may have stumbled on something. Don't read the Spoiler if you don't want to know:

this is the preview set up for Avenging Spider-man 17:
    AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #17
    CHRISTOPHER YOST (W) • PACO MEDINA (A)
    Cover by PAOLO MANUEL RIVERA
    • THE SUPERIOR AGE CONTINUES as the Superior Spider-Man faces the future… the FUTURE FOUNDATION, that is.
    • The Superior Spider-Man is forced to work with the FF as the literal future comes crashing in on them, threatening to destroy the Foundation itself and expose Spider-Man’s ultimate secret!
    • PLUS! The Superior Spider-Man doesn’t like kids.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

It says the Future comes crashing down on them and it threatens Spider-man's identity! theres only 1 Spider-man from the future.....more specifically the year 2099. With all the other hints like powers its got to be Miguel. Even if Slott keeps attempting to hide it by using reverse psychology.
    Another Spoiler if you're interested:
    Doc Ock definitely survives 700 and is still a villain so it isn't Ock's mind in Pete's body. Peter is rumored to survive but not confirmed yet

Pretty sure Slott tweeted that Peter was going to survive, and still work at Horizon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.