Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Amazing Spider-man 699.1 Discussion

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gotwillpower

Wow, I know we've seen the cover for 699.1 for a while now, but go look at the preview on comicbookresources! SPOILERS (on what happens in the preview and #699).

Morbius looks like he's going to play a huge part in 700! He escaped the prison right after Pete/Ock (as we can see in the preview), and if you've listened to the podcast with Tony and Dan Slott it seems possible that Peter will become a vampire (in Ock's body) or that Morbius has something to do with Superior Spider-man. Tony actually talked about that theory on the podcast, and Dan Slott didn't say anything meaningful, but clearly it has some importance.

What do you guys think?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By SmashBrawler

Dammit, I wasn't planning to buy this issue. Looks like I'll have to do so now :P

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gotwillpower

@SmashBrawler: I know, right?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Strider1992

@gotwillpower said:

Wow, I know we've seen the cover for 699.1 for a while now, but go look at the preview on comicbookresources! SPOILERS (on what happens in the preview and #699).

Morbius looks like he's going to play a huge part in 700! He escaped the prison right after Pete/Ock (as we can see in the preview), and if you've listened to the podcast with Tony and Dan Slott it seems possible that Peter will become a vampire (in Ock's body) or that Morbius has something to do with Superior Spider-man. Tony actually talked about that theory on the podcast, and Dan Slott didn't say anything meaningful, but clearly it has some importance.

What do you guys think?

Really? A Spider-Vampire!? Dan Slott you just lost me from Superior if this is true. However unless Slott wants to throw continuity out the window Spider-man has already shown that he is immune to becoming a Vampirevia Morbius. Morbius attempted to do this a while back andSpider-man's healing factor fought it off leaving him with just a headacheand a bad case of vertigowhich went after a week or so.So I highly doubt this will happen.

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
    Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
    @Strider92 said:

@gotwillpower said:

What do you guys think?

Really? A Spider-Vampire!? Dan Slott you just lost me from Superior if this is true. However unless Slott wants to throw continuity out the window Spider-man has already shown that he is immune to becoming a Vampire via Morbius. Morbius attempted to do this a while back and Spider-man's healing factor fought it off leaving him with just a headache and a bad case of vertigo which went after a week or so.So I highly doubt this will happen.

Wouldn't be the first time, his whole run is a slap in the face to Spider-Man. Everyone is out of character, there's a total lack of common sense, the major villain for the first half was a freaking giant spider. It's like a 7 year old slapped together a fanfic and was praised for it because no one wanted to tell them they might be retarded.
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Strider92

@gotwillpower said:

What do you guys think?

Really? A Spider-Vampire!? Dan Slott you just lost me from Superior if this is true. However unless Slott wants to throw continuity out the window Spider-man has already shown that he is immune to becoming a Vampirevia Morbius. Morbius attempted to do this a while back andSpider-man's healing factor fought it off leaving him with just a headacheand a bad case of vertigowhich went after a week or so.So I highly doubt this will happen.

Yea that also happened at in Blade when he was bitten
    gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gotwillpower

@Strider92: I'm not suggesting Peter Parker's body (with Ock's mind) will be turned into a vampire. I think that in order for Peter's mind in Ock's body to survive long enough to switch minds again, Peter will make Ock's body a vampire.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gotwillpower

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Strider92 said:

@gotwillpower said:

What do you guys think?

Really? A Spider-Vampire!? Dan Slott you just lost me from Superior if this is true. However unless Slott wants to throw continuity out the window Spider-man has already shown that he is immune to becoming a Vampire via Morbius. Morbius attempted to do this a while back and Spider-man's healing factor fought it off leaving him with just a headache and a bad case of vertigo which went after a week or so.So I highly doubt this will happen.

Wouldn't be the first time, his whole run is a slap in the face to Spider-Man. Everyone is out of character, there's a total lack of common sense, the major villain for the first half was a freaking giant spider. It's like a 7 year old slapped together a fanfic and was praised for it because no one wanted to tell them they might be retarded.

I don't know man, I'm brand new to Spider-man and I love his run!

aaunderoath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By aaunderoath

@gotwillpower said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Strider92 said:

@gotwillpower said:

What do you guys think?

Don't worry I've been reading Spidey for years and IMO Slott's run is fantastic .. some people prefer a darker and more serious tone compared to Slott's mix of fun, comedy, and action. Slott has made pete's life ALOT less tragic than other writers AND has written more issues than most spidey writers so I think he knows what he's doing :)

That said lol your Pete/Ock vampire theory makes alot of sense, it could be what stop his Ock body from dying

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By mewmdude77

@Strider92 said:

@gotwillpower said:

What do you guys think?

Are you even paying attention to what he said? He said Peter in Doc's body. that means vampire Doc, which would make it so Peter could survive in Doc Ock's body long enough to switch back. Give Slott more credit than that, he's a major Spider-Man fan.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By danhimself

@aaunderoath said:

@gotwillpower said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Strider92 said:

@gotwillpower said:

What do you guys think?

Don't worry I've been reading Spidey for years and IMO Slott's run is fantastic .. some people prefer a darker and more serious tone compared to Slott's mix of fun, comedy, and action. Slott has made pete's life ALOT less tragic than other writers AND has written more issues than most spidey writers so I think he knows what he's doing :)

That said lol your Pete/Ock vampire theory makes alot of sense, it could be what stop his Ock body from dying

agreed...I've been reading pretty much every Spider-man book published since the late 80's/early 90's and Slott's run is probably one of the best Spider-man runs I've read

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
    Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
    @danhimself said:

@aaunderoath said:

@gotwillpower said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Strider92 said:

@gotwillpower said:

What do you guys think?

agreed...I've been reading pretty much every Spider-man book published since the late 80's/early 90's and Slott's run is probably one of the best Spider-man runs I've read

Yes, his mixture of poor characterisation, nonsensical plot elements, a disregard for canon and his use of characters as little more than facilities in order to justify random plot turns is certainly a high point of Spidey's history.  

(Sarcasm for those of you unable to tell) 

And for @gotwillpower: the reason you love his run is because you are new to Spider-Man, and thus are unaware of the many ways Slott is killing the franchise.  
    Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, his mixture of poor characterisation, nonsensical plot elements, a disregard for canon and his use of characters as little more than facilities in order to justify random plot turns is certainly a high point of Spidey's history.

I think your mistaking Dan Slott's run for the clone saga

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#14  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

@gotwillpower said:

@Strider92: I'm not suggesting Peter Parker's body (with Ock's mind) will be turned into a vampire. I think that in order for Peter's mind in Ock's body to survive long enough to switch minds again, Peter will make Ock's body a vampire.

I thought this also

Shinjiro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shinjiro15

So basically doc ock will stay in peter's body and live his life as peter, peter will be superior but be in a modified/younger/vampire/whatever doc ock body and form a new civilian identity, be with mj, be a superhero, and access to otto's intelligence when needed?

Eroc23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eroc23

Kaine is the Superior Spider-Man well guys what do you think?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By gmanfromheck

I think it's funny that people are talking about dropping a book that hasn't been released based on a rumor that hasn't shown any true signs of being true. Morbius is getting an ongoing in January.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6179a9df861
    deactivated-5d6179a9df861

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Eroc23 said:

Kaine is the Superior Spider-Man well guys what do you think?

No he is not. Scarlet Spider is ongoing in Marvel now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.