Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Amazing Spider-Man #698-700 Spoiler-filled Discussion

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#401  Edited By PunyParker

@spidey1fan: yeah....bad writing at tis aspect

ScarletWebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#402  Edited By ScarletWebs

I find it ridiculous how all these websites and reviewers are giving this issue such high praise. It was a crappy story with a terrible ending, for a celebration of 50 years of Spider-Man it was pretty insulting to the character. I'm giving Superior three issues or however long the first arc is to grasp me but i'm still conflicted on doing that much.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By PunyParker

My cousin bought me ASM#700 for Xmas....just to f*** with me :P ....he's a Batman fanboy!

Shika1Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404  Edited By Shika1Dude

I thought ASM#700 leading to SSM#1 would be a smooth attainment for Marvel NOW! which enticed me to pick it up. After reading 698 - 700, I felt in all honesty a huge disrespect to Spiderman, Peter Parker and the ASM status. I cant believe Marvel had the balls to do something like this, I am all for the whole trying something new and reinvention of Comicbook characters but this fully takes the cake. For a final ASM issue, ending with the death of PP and Dr Oct taking over as PP/SM, no, no, Not for the final ASM, maybe it could work for an End of Arc/Event. but not for a End of title.

Shika1Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405  Edited By Shika1Dude

@ScarletBatman: @ScarletBatman said:

The biggest problem I have with this is that Ultimate Spider-Man has a much more moving and weighty death than this Spider-Man. Peter didn't die heroically or valiantly. He didn't die saving the damsel or sacrificing himself for the good other others. No, Peter died in a withered, decrepit body, outgunned and outwitted by his second greatest villain. Peter's last act on Earth was to beam a conscious into Doc Ock's mind, which is a desperate hail marry that may or may not pay off. Peter deserved better.

totally and 100% agree

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406  Edited By PunyParker

Dan Slott: "Everything was building up to this,since #600..."

Really?...EVERY story we witnessed since 2009 was building up to Peter's DEATH?(!)....i feel cheated now..

P.S. Oh and look at that!....Slott is writing 600,and its an anniversary issue,so they brought Romita Jr. to draw this....all good....#700??.....same ol' mediocre Ramos.....sounds like noone wanted to draw this....

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#407  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@Shika1Dude: True...disgusting end for an amazing hero...

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By LastOblivion

@PunyParker: Yup! I'm with you there, and I'll also pick SSM, and I think it'll be pretty cool.

(Oook, thanks!)

kamakazi152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409  Edited By kamakazi152
    No Caption Provided

@ScarletWebs said:

I find it ridiculous how all these websites and reviewers are giving this issue such high praise. It was a crappy story with a terrible ending, for a celebration of 50 years of Spider-Man it was pretty insulting to the character. I'm giving Superior three issues or however long the first arc is to grasp me but i'm still conflicted on doing that much.

I agree with this. I'm giving it the first arc and if I'm not impressed I'm done. This was one of my favorite characters and a very iconic character in the marvel universe and this wasn't at all what I thought the end would have been. Depressing and insulting at the least. The picture above shows my internal feelings of the overall story.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#410  Edited By animehunter

Just finished catching up with Scarlet Spider and something at the end of Scarlet Spider #12 caught my eye.

Its a letter from Julia Carpenter to Kaine, the issue was release a couple of weeks before 700, not sure but I have a feeling it has something to do with Peter Parker and what happened to him.

For instance the letter could be a warning to Kaine about what was going to happen to Peter.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for the_fanged_king
    The_Fanged_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411  Edited By The_Fanged_King

Hey everybody, long time lurker here. I actually had to stop reading comics for a while but was just recently able to get back into them, so forgive me for asking what may be a completely stupid question. With Ock in peters body, does that mean we're never going to find out what MJ whispered to Mephisto in OMD, or have we found that out already? If by chance we did can someone direct me to that issue. Thanks in advance.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412  Edited By animehunter
    Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#413  Edited By johnkmccubbin91
    gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#414  Edited By gotwillpower

Hey, did anyone notice that the whole flashback scene with Gwen and Peter's parents and Uncle Ben was totally pointless? Peter was brought back to life to fix everything, and then he failed again. Does that mean he's going to be a ghost, because he isn't finished with his work (since he hasn't gotten his body back)?

Avatar image for matchesmalone2012
    MatchesMalone2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big fan of spidey and i know he will come back hereos die and get resurrected all the time no bigge :)

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416  Edited By animehunter

Everyone, I managed to come across a copy of the first issue Superior Spider-Man #1 , please don't ask me how. and please DO NOT ask or expect me to put spoilers, images of clips from the book. But I felt I had to say something after reading it, and only after staring at the issue for hours deciding whether or not to read it.

Dan Slott has definitely redeemed himself, maybe not fully but enough for me to reconsider reading future books.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.