Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@lvenger: Now that I think about it, you can button mash and still do fine for a few fights. But if you do that you're going to be screwed doing both of the Vulture fights as you're not aloud to touch the ground, so you have to continually use the web strike moves which require timing to pull them off.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@ninjablade09: I think that fight got called a bit predictable and repetitive as boss fights go.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@lvenger: There were a lot of problems with the game such as the voice cast being god awful, except Steve Blum as Logan, the camera was pretty wonky at times, and it was very repetitive, but in my opinion in made up for it in the combat. The fighting in the game is nice and fluid, and switching between costumes really adds the thousands of combos you can do. It seamlessly switched between fighting in the air on ground and up walls. It's a fun game to play, and based on what I've seen been praised by most fans.

If Shaba games were allowed to make a sequel,or a new Spider-Man game,they would've made a very very good one...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

@lvenger: There were a lot of problems with the game such as the voice cast being god awful, except Steve Blum as Logan, the camera was pretty wonky at times, and it was very repetitive, but in my opinion in made up for it in the combat. The fighting in the game is nice and fluid, and switching between costumes really adds the thousands of combos you can do. It seamlessly switched between fighting in the air on ground and up walls. It's a fun game to play, and based on what I've seen been praised by most fans.

If Shaba games were allowed to make a sequel,or a new Spider-Man game,they would've made a very very good one...

How so? The game didn't get a lot of praise critically not to mention it falling on sales.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Huh, wow. How many reviews have you read for this game?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: IGN, Gamespot, Gamefly, Eurogamer and some small, low key reviews from individual bloggers to balance it out. A lot of mixed scores indicating a conflicting view on the overall quality of the game. How about you?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read the Gameinformer, Gamespot, IGN, watched a few lets plays on the game,a bunch of comments on articles talking about this game, and I've had some friends give me their thoughts before I made my decision to buy the game. Only got it recently for $15.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By PunyParker

@lvenger said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

How so? The game didn't get a lot of praise critically not to mention it falling on sales.

I mean the game had good standards,and could improve on the combat,which is the most praised any Spidey game had,and the swinging which is concidered "most fun",again any Spidey game had......no,really it was a fun game!....

You like Amazing Spider-Man and think WoS is bad?!!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another interesting fact....

brotherbran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#110  Edited By brotherbran

yeah the visuals still look dated, but if they have invested that time into getting the swinging right, as they stated they have then im still excited. that ASM game was a step in the right direction for sure, but i dont get why spider man 2 hasnt been the template since the beginning. I mean the webs attached to the buildings in a PS2 game for gods sake. It seems trivial but swinging around having webs shoot into the sky randomly really bummed me out.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By PunyParker

News....finally....

They saw that the movie trailer is out and thought "Oh,hell....now they will remember about the game....MOVE PEOPLE!!"

!@ninjablade09 what do ya think?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring back Spider-Man 2 web physics!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
    deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man 2's gameplay with Amazing Spider-Man's graphics. And Miles' and the current Superior costumes as unlockables.

slimchin23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114  Edited By slimchin23

i hope they have a superior spider-man suit

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: Sorry I'm late on this but..... I'm cautious. I'm interested. The only thing I really want but highly unlikely is to be able to catch cars in mid air like in the trailer. I hope the game is good. So far the Beenox Spidey games have a interesting stories with ASM being the weakest. I expect a lot, it's the first next-gen Spider-Man game.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: Sorry I'm late on this but..... I'm cautious. I'm interested. The only thing I really want but highly unlikely is to be able to catch cars in mid air like in the trailer. I hope the game is good. So far the Beenox Spidey games have a interesting stories with ASM being the weakest. I expect a lot, it's the first next-gen Spider-Man game.

Wow......i agree on every matter.....wow.(look in the previous pages,our arguements....)

Catching cars in mid-air.....huh.....this could be awesome...!

Yeah,the whole "Zombie Apocalypce" thingy in ASM was weak.....you do it with Venom in WoS,but it totally makes sense.....in ASM with lizards and giant robot snakes?....nah.
    Ironically the best Beenox story was in their weakest game(i liked it a lot.) .In EoT.Of cource Peter David wrote the game,so it's not a surprise.

@danslott's Shattered Dimensions was not so thrilling,but c'mon,4 Spider-Men.......i still play the game,when im bored.....it can never get old....if they're able to make an open world sequel it would top Arkham CIty......of cource,i know that even PS4 cant handle four different Mahattan areas.....but it would've been awesome.

I am excited for the game,because the Beenox guys,at least,listen.....every game they produced is an improvement to the previous....and they love Spider-Man,because as for costumes,voice acting,characters the games shine.So i hope ASM2 is their best work.

Trailer coming soon,maybe next week,if we judge from the tweets.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekbait said:

Spider-Man 2's gameplay with Amazing Spider-Man's graphics. And Miles' and the current Superior costumes as unlockables.

i hope they have a superior spider-man suit

A Superior suit will be a unlockable,they hinted at it on twitter MANY times.

Miles's suit,i dont know......i sure hope it's in the game.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Looking forward to that trailer. It has to be as good as the movie one to peak my interest.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Looking forward to that trailer. It has to be as good as the movie one to peak my interest.

I expect something good from this.....the info we already have is really encouraging,but....the same happened eith ASM so.....wait.Only wait.

symbiotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

Wow......i agree on every matter.....wow.(look in the previous pages,our arguements....)

Yeah,the whole "Zombie Apocalypce" thingy in ASM was weak.....you do it with Venom in WoS,but it totally makes sense.....in ASM with lizards and giant robot snakes?....nah.

Ironically the best Beenox story was in their weakest game(i liked it a lot.) .In EoT.Of cource Peter David wrote the game,so it's not a surprise.

@danslott's Shattered Dimensions was not so thrilling,but c'mon,4 Spider-Men.......i still play the game,when im bored.....it can never get old....if they're able to make an open world sequel it would top Arkham CIty......of cource,i know that even PS4 cant handle four different Mahattan areas.....but it would've been awesome.

I am excited for the game,because the Beenox guys,at least,listen.....every game they produced is an improvement to the previous....and they love Spider-Man,because as for costumes,voice acting,characters the games shine.So i hope ASM2 is their best work.

To me Beenox has taken one step forward two steps back with each of the games they have come out with. Shattered dimensions is the only one I go back and still play on occasion. Edge of time had the deepest story but became repetitive and didn't have enough villians (How can Doc Ock make an appearance without getting to fight him?) (they should have at least re-used some of the villains they had for Shattered dimensions). Movie based games are tough, but Beenox did an ok job with the first one. If they can improve on ASM and come up with a less limited story with some A-list villians and better graphics, I am sure I will be picking this one up as well.

I don't really understand why a movie based game places such limitations on villains, but it always seems to. Black Cat was the best villian they had in ASM 1 in my opinion.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

To me Beenox has taken one step forward two steps back with each of the games they have come out with. Shattered dimensions is the only one I go back and still play on occasion. Edge of time had the deepest story but became repetitive and didn't have enough villians (How can Doc Ock make an appearance without getting to fight him?) (they should have at least re-used some of the villains they had for Shattered dimensions). Movie based games are tough, but Beenox did an ok job with the first one. If they can improve on ASM and come up with a less limited story with some A-list villians and better graphics, I am sure I will be picking this one up as well.

I don't really understand why a movie based game places such limitations on villains, but it always seems to. Black Cat was the best villian they had in ASM 1 in my opinion.

I compeletely agree dude.....wow.

I too,as said,am getting back and play SD.Remember the first tutorial level with the NPH Spider-Man?....i often look around and imagine HOW GREAT a comicbook game with THIS opennworld style city,would be.....

EoT's story was the greatest,but the game didnt live up to the story.

Finally i found the correct definition for ASM....."an ok game"....thank you. :P

If they can improve on ASM and come up with a less limited story with some A-list villians and better graphics, I am sure I will be picking this one up as well.

Beenox reaction:

"less limited story" = Ouch...
    "A-list villians: = double ouch...
    "better graphics" = triple ,damn,ouch....

They cant.It's a movie game,and movie games have villian limitations thus story limitations....the film-makers make the desisions on who's in.They MANAGED to make the GREATEST villian in a game....the Lizard.THE LIZARD!......you really need to put effort to accomplish that....

I only hope for gameplay impovements for purchasing ASM2.....i know the story will be "meh"...

(little hope) The story has a tiny chance to be decent,because they said that it will evolve around Ben's killer......this means the story is grounded.....some detective stuff,research.
    THIS is something which could work in a low scale,story wise, game.......you think WB is stupid for not making Nolan's Batman, games.....and approaching RS to make a comicbook one?......Arkham City made a million and a half,only in America,for God's sake!!.....why can't they do something like that with Spider-Man!!...he's more adoptable to a video game than Batman! is!

That's why Ultimate Spider-Man is my fav Spider game of all time.....comicbook based,environment like in a comicbook,and a bunch of First class villians in it.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And a question for all of you....

Why do you think the Green Goblin is the least appeared A-list Spidey villian in games?.....

i mean,Volture and Shocker have more appearances than Norman....

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I don't know. Maybe its a production thing. Or game makers don't know how to handle him as a side character without making it seem stupid and not add anything to the story.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By XLR87T3

The Amazing Spider-Man for the XBOX 360 was a pretty decent game, but it seems like they "borrowed" a lot from the Arkham Batman series...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I don't know. Maybe its a production thing. Or game makers don't know how to handle him as a side character without making it seem stupid and not add anything to the story.

Well, he was a side character in Ultimate,and he worked just fine,for a boss fight.......

And,who said he must be a side character?....make him the planner!!....like in Arkham Asylum,you face Joker ,like,2-3 times in the game,but you see him,and know he's in charge in the whole game!!...make that with Norman,make 2-3 boss fight throughout the game,but make him the leader......

Avatar image for theblackpeterparker
    TheBlackPeterParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, I wonder since there's different costumes, will there be different Peter skins?

(Prays for Miles)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, I wonder since there's different costumes, will there be different Peter skins?

(Prays for Miles)

No.Miles costume yes.Skin no.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By PunyParker

@ninjablade09

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: I'm liking the christmas themed profile pic.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: I'm liking the christmas themed profile pic.

Yeah,it's only because of the days.....once we hit 2014,i'm changing back to the Red Hood = Jason To-- i mean Peter Parker..... :P

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

symbiotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@symbiotic said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

I compeletely agree dude.....wow.

I too,as said,am getting back and play SD.Remember the first tutorial level with the NPH Spider-Man?....i often look around and imagine HOW GREAT a comicbook game with THIS opennworld style city,would be.....

EoT's story was the greatest,but the game didnt live up to the story.

Finally i found the correct definition for ASM....."an ok game"....thank you. :P

If they can improve on ASM and come up with a less limited story with some A-list villians and better graphics, I am sure I will be picking this one up as well.

Beenox reaction:

"less limited story" = Ouch...

"A-list villians: = double ouch...

"better graphics" = triple ,damn,ouch....

They cant.It's a movie game,and movie games have villian limitations thus story limitations....the film-makers make the desisions on who's in.They MANAGED to make the GREATEST villian in a game....the Lizard.THE LIZARD!......you really need to put effort to accomplish that....

I only hope for gameplay impovements for purchasing ASM2.....i know the story will be "meh"...

(little hope) The story has a tiny chance to be decent,because they said that it will evolve around Ben's killer......this means the story is grounded.....some detective stuff,research.

THIS is something which could work in a low scale,story wise, game.......you think WB is stupid for not making Nolan's Batman, games.....and approaching RS to make a comicbook one?......Arkham City made a million and a half,only in America,for God's sake!!.....why can't they do something like that with Spider-Man!!...he's more adoptable to a video game than Batman! is!

That's why Ultimate Spider-Man is my fav Spider game of all time.....comicbook based,environment like in a comicbook,and a bunch of First class villians in it.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And a question for all of you....

Why do you think the Green Goblin is the least appeared A-list Spidey villian in games?.....

i mean,Volture and Shocker have more appearances than Norman....

What you said about movie game story and vilain limitations is why I say it is hard to do a movie game. I think the cross species idea was a decent one, but again became repetitive. With SD and EOT they could go nuts with the story and come up with basically whatever they wanted. With a movie game they are prohibited from using certain villains and they have to make it somewhat fit with the movie. I am a little worried that Oscorp is playing too much of a part in the ASM movie franchise. It looks like every villain Spider-man faces will originate from within Oscorp.

I'm a little surprised they had the Rhino and Black Cat in the first game since they will be making an appearance in ASM2. Usually they want to avoid villains they have plans for (especially immediate plans). It makes me wonder if they don't have a little more freedom than we think.

One thing that I like that they are doing in the movies that they didn't do in the first trilogy is that they don't seem to plan on killing the villain at the end of every movie. Hopefully that will allow them to keep a roster of available villains that can pop up from time to time.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Any news on the trailer?

No more than we already know......only this...

I have the same gripe.....

The story will be weak,but i am possitive for the gameplay,and hopefully a fully developed comic-book based game.......they are already copying Batman......copy other aspects like the story,or the character designs.

pedrada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By pedrada

how will they explain rhino in videogame since it's version in ASM 1 VG seems to be completely diferent from it's version in ASM 2 Movie...?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By w0nd

@pedrada said:

how will they explain rhino in videogame since it's version in ASM 1 VG seems to be completely diferent from it's version in ASM 2 Movie...?

no one really cared when the scorpion changed

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pedrada said:

They wont.

@w0nd said:

@pedrada said:

no one really cared when the scorpion changed

And this.

symbiotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By symbiotic

@pedrada said:

As PunyParker said, they won't even adress it. As far as the ASM2 game will be concerned the first ASM game will have never existed. It would be nice if they would actually use the video game to expand the world within the movie continuity. Unfortunately that would take too much cooperation from the movie writers. Particularly now that some villains have been introduced in the original trilogy, I would love to see them introduce an ASM version in a video game and then have them show up in the movie without the burden of an origin story.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone surprised that in the game of the ASM 2 it will be like the first never ever happened?

It’s always like that.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: @symbiotic: @angelalfonso: Actually I think on their twitter Beenox said the game will expand on the first game's continuity, while also being a new take on the movies events.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: @symbiotic: @angelalfonso: Actually I think on their twitter Beenox said the game will expand on the first game's continuity, while also being a new take on the movies events.

That is true.

Also they said that ASM would be the best SM game ever......

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: And it is.........to someone who doesn't know what a good Spidey game is.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: And it is.........to someone who doesn't know what a good Spidey game is.

You've come to my words.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah and ultimate spider-man said their game was cannon as well. but that only lead to plot holes, or certain events on the game never being brought up again, like peter being carnage

pedrada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@symbiotic"It would be nice if they would actually use the video game to expand the world within the movie continuity.

Agreed... that was my point... not complaining here, I'll buy the game for sure, and probably will enjoy playing it a lot... but it would be nice if at least the video games (asm 1 and asm 2) had some continuity, even though not completely acording to the movies continuity. I know this would be very hard to coordinate though.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey lends a hand to help the NYPD.

I really want this to be a feature in the game... wishful thinking :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to GameStop this game is going to feature an "all-star villain cast" from the Spider-Man universe. Since the games aren't canon to the movies, we could possibly be seeing Venom or Ock. :O

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekbait said:

According to GameStop this game is going to feature an "all-star villain cast" from the Spider-Man universe. Since the games aren't canon to the movies, we could possibly be seeing Venom or Ock. :O

Bullshit.

Hyper-advertising....Same was told for the first one.....they even told that it's gonna be the best SM game ever created.
    Venom and Ock will be in the next movies,as teased in the trailer.....Hell,Venom is getting his own movie(s) ....

And i finish like i started....Bullshit.

I really want this to be a feature in the game... wishful thinking :(

It won't.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Ninjablade09

@geekbait: Where'd you hear that? Was it i a Gameinformer or something?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: Nah, saw it on GameStop's site under the details of the game.

@punyparker: Wishful thinking...still, Scorpion & Rhino were cool in the 1st game.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.