Amazing Spider-Man 2 to feature Mary Jane and Possibly Electro

#1 Posted by Galactic_Man (158 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Tyrus (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody delete this thread.

#3 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, he just isn't a great single villain, he works better with others. It's hard, because most of spiderman's villains are great for one shot comics, but hard to do for long storylines like with Goblin, Venom, Doc Ock, Jackal and so on.

#4 Posted by The_Amazing_Spider_Man (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, this thread has been here for hours but for some reason it was blocked - the other thread about this topic should be deleted but oh well.

#5 Posted by Strider92 (16906 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah I hope it isn't Electro.

#6 Edited by JonSmith (4016 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (15254 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she would be a pretty good Mary Jane.

#8 Posted by BigMaraSpence (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll admit that Woodley is a step up from Dunst, but she still doesn't strike me as MJ. I know she is supposed to be young in the movie, but she seems like a baby face. I always preferred the mature looking MJ.

#9 Posted by nickzambuto (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Electro - as a lackey for the main villain who Spidey has an awesome fight scene with.

As the main villain though? Nah.

#10 Posted by Samimista (21256 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigMaraSpence said:

I'll admit that Woodley is a step up from Dunst, but she still doesn't strike me as MJ. I know she is supposed to be young in the movie, but she seems like a baby face. I always preferred the mature looking MJ.

This.

#11 Posted by BigMaraSpence (74 posts) - - Show Bio

And for Electro as the main villain.... well, as long as he is the ONLY one. I'm more scared about a "Goblin+Sandman+Venom" fiasco again. I never thought they could ruin Venom as my favorite Spidey villain, but they did!

#12 Posted by Black_Claw (3196 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty certain the villain of the next movie is gonna be the Green Goblin due to Norman Osborn's name being dropped a good number of times during the film and plus the man in the post credits scene seemed to have a high pitched voice.

#13 Posted by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice to hear MJ is in the film

#14 Posted by BigMaraSpence (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Claw said:

I'm pretty certain the villain of the next movie is gonna be the Green Goblin due to Norman Osborn's name being dropped a good number of times during the film and plus the man in the post credits scene seemed to have a high pitched voice.

I understand what you mean, I actually thought the same thing at first. However, wouldn't it be nice if the studio did that on purpose to throw everyone off the scent and delayed GG until ASM3?

Maybe it's just me, but I love little twists like that in movies. That way, no one even thinks of what the plot could entail, since we would be trying to think of how SM and GG would interact, not SM and Electro.

#15 Posted by .Spider-man. (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

Horrible choice for a Mary Jane. Pick someone else.

#16 Posted by ragdollpurps (16216 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard rumors about Mary-Elizabeth Winestead (Ramona Flowers) possibly playing Mary-Jane. I think she'd be a hell of a lot better choice than this Nickelodeon chick.

#17 Posted by ComicMan24 (147088 posts) - - Show Bio

Her? Really? I would like to believe that there are better choices out there.

#18 Posted by PunyParker (13047 posts) - - Show Bio

They can find a lot better.....in every aspect(acting,beuty...)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.