Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Amazing Spider-man 2 Possibly Setting Up The Clone Saga!?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

This came as a complete shocker to me.

"The Daily Bugle, fictional news organization and go-to viral marketing page for this summer's Amazing Spider-man has published another new article, this time teasing the existence of clone technology in the "Amazing" universe"

Here's the teaser: teaser

"Manhattan's Empire State University announced a new class for the 2014 fall semester in advanced biogenetics that will actually require the successful cloning of a living creature. Introduction to Live Cloning, taught by noted geneticist Professor Miles Warren, is the first class of its kind anywhere in the world.

"When asked about the ethical aspects of teaching a class on how to clone living cells, Warren said, 'Our responsibility is to educate our students and prepare them for life. For those who study genetics or biology, cloning will be a fact of life.'

"The ethical aspects of cloning are irrelevant to Warren, who added, 'We are cloning single-celled amoeba. Maybe one day we'll work our way up to mice. There is no ethical dilemma. Save your red flag for when I start cloning co-eds...'"

Here's some references:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-latest-amazing-spider-man-2-viral-story-teases-the-infamouse-clone-saga

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=113284

http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-clone-saga-teased-in-the-amazing-spider-man-2-daily-bugle-viral

Is it actually happening!? They said they were going to expand the Spider-verse. We already know about Venom and the Sinister Six but will we actually get to see Ben Reilly? or dare I say it...........Kaine!

No Caption Provided

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Phaedrusgr
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Strider1992
    Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

What the f%ck? This is pretty sweet of it's true.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@strider92: Dude,no.......won't work in a movie.

I don't care how much you love Kaine,don't get blinded by this,this won't work.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I more or less agree. The Clone Saga would be really hard to pull off in a movie. Hell, I thought both 616 and Ultimate Clone Sagas barely functioned as a comic story.

Not gonna deny I'd love to see Kaine though.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By laflux

I don't care how much you love Kaine, don't get blinded by this, this won't work.

These are kinda my thoughts too- If it does happen though, its something that should be teased in the second movie, and then come to fruation in third movie. Otherwise ASM 2 could become a clusterf*ck- ala Last Stand.

@shawnbaby@bringnit thoughts?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I can dream though right!?

Of cource u can!
    Imagine a clone saga film with Garfield and Maguire!.....no,wait,don't.....it's horendous.

@laflux said:

@punyparker said:

I don't care how much you love Kaine, don't get blinded by this, this won't work.

These are kinda my thoughts too- If it does happen though, its something that should be teased in the second movie, and then come to fruation in third movie. Otherwise ASM 2 could become a clusterf*ck- ala Last Stand.

It can't happen cuz it requires a lot of build-up and 6 movies.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: They could condense the story. There is alot stuff in the Clone Saga which was superflous in my opinion. Though, I agree with you, it probably wouldn't work....

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Imagine_Man15

It would be damn-near impossible to pull off in live action, but if they could find a way... it would be pretty awesome seeing Kaine on screen.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Would it be worth stomaching 1 potentially bad movie to open up for far better ones?

@punyparker: Why would you put that image in my head T.T they could get someone else in!!!!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@punyparker: Wouldn't it just be Andrew Garfeild doing all the roles? Tobey and him don't look anything alike so they can't pass for clones.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Why would you put that image in my head T.T they could get someone else in!!!!

@punyparker: Wouldn't it just be Andrew Garfeild doing all the roles? Tobey and him don't look anything alike so they can't pass for clones.

The main difference between Pete and Kaine is the hair,right?!........so....

Peter Parker.

Kaine Parker.

:P :P :P

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Webhead_99

They can have Kaine suffering from clone degeneration, ergo, not looking like Peter that much... Beard, scarred face, long hair...

Then again what sick kind of speculation is this?!?! A nod's not a tease. :P

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Strider1992

@punyparker: To be fair Warren abandoned Kaine after the degeneration made him look different from Peter. You could quite easily twist that and have it that after being cured of his degeneration he only bore a slight resemblance to Peter. Getting in a new actor could be possible if they play it right.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: To be fair Warren abandoned Kaine after the degeneration made him look different from Peter. You could quite easily twist that and have it that after being cured of his degeneration he only bore a slight resemblance to Peter. Getting in a new actor could be possible if they play it right.

Maybe....and yeah,he must be in the monster shape,or at least the "hairy" one,cuz you're putting him in the world of Spider-Man.....he's not in Houston,where he builds a life.....
    Now that's a movie i would see.....Scarlet Spider.
    Concept art by Ryan Stegman,Screenplay by Christopher Yost.

Dear God.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that's a movie i would see.....Scarlet Spider.

Concept art by Ryan Stegman,Screenplay by Christopher Yost.

Dear God.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I have to agree with the dual sentiments presented in this thread. On the one hand, it would be insanely cool if the Clone Saga was brought to a live action film format and one of the most influential Spider-Man stories was played out on the big screen. However, it's an idea that is incredibly tricky to pull off correctly on screen and there are way too many variables and issues that could go wrong. Plus this could just be a neat Easter Egg, nothing more.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Strider1992

@lvenger: True it could just be an Easter Egg. The one thing that makes me hesitate is the timing. Gwen Stacy is probably going to die in ASM: 2.........and we all know what kicked off the Clone Saga in the first place.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Lvenger

@strider92: True there is that level of foreshadowing in the trailer and in the coat Gwen is wearing in the trailer. That much could lead into the Clone Saga. However, that wouldn't fit in with the Sinister Six build up Sony are moving towards as part of their set of Spider-Man films. That's what puts me off the idea.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Actually Kaine is identical to Peter only taller and sturdy.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strider1992

@angelalfonso: Hence the reason I said they could "Twist" it for the film if they chose to. Kaine's exact words where "the degeneration while only slight distanced me enough from Parker for Warren to shun me" of course he was just referring to the scarring but movies never stick to their source material completely anyway and it wouldn't take much to simply twist the meaning a little to making Kaine look only similar to Parker.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty cool all though how many movies are they going to do? They seem to be planning a lot, and I recall with the McGuire films there were rumours of lizard showing up for the longest time and we never saw him. So I don't know if this definitely means we will see the clone saga.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@punyparker said:

I think its more likely that is how they will bring the Venom Symbiote into play

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@punyparker said:

I think its more likely that is how they will bring the Venom Symbiote into play

Am i the only one who wants Venom to be Eddie and not Flash!?......

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strider1992
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I want Eddie as Venom.

There ya go.
    And i hope they go that way....they already intoduced Flash,and i like the guy,but you have a long way from school to Vietnam and to losing your legs.....and becoming Venom......also they're going Ultimate,so i bet it's Eddie.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

It would be good to see Kaine on screen but I don't think bringing the Clone Saga to the cinematic universe is such a good idea.I don't think the directors can capture things that well and it will become one big mess of a lot of new characters that have to be remembered by the audience that doesn't know what is going on.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By PeppeyHare

IF they could do this right, it'd be awesome.

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As cool as Agent Venom in the comics are, in film there is only one Venom that works and that's Eddie. His version of Venom is the perfect look for a monster like villain to fight Peter. However his personality also sets up Spin-Offs as a anti-hero or ally to Peter in future films.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nexus_ said:

@strider92 said:

As cool as Agent Venom in the comics are, in film there is only one Venom that works and that's Eddie. His version of Venom is the perfect look for a monster like villain to fight Peter. However his personality also sets up Spin-Offs as a anti-hero or ally to Peter in future films.

They introduced Flash and he's a highschool kid like Pete.....it's a big road to become Agent Venom.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This movies getting way too packed

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nexus_ said:

@strider92 said:

They introduced Flash and he's a highschool kid like Pete.....it's a big road to become Agent Venom.

Also as you mention they are clearly getting inspiration from the Ultimate comics, so why change that just so they can make a Agent Venom movie.

Also if they are taking inspiration from the Ultimate Series. Is Bendis a consultant or something for the film?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't care what people say, if there was ever a clone saga ASM movie I would be 100% all for it :D

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nexus_ said:

@punyparker said:

@_nexus_ said:

@strider92 said:

Also as you mention they are clearly getting inspiration from the Ultimate comics, so why change that just so they can make a Agent Venom movie.

Also if they are taking inspiration from the Ultimate Series. Is Bendis a consultant or something for the film?

He gave an "okay" before they started filming the first one.

He twitted that he went to Sony and talked about it....i can't find the tweet,but it happened.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really think people need to take a chill pill it is probably two options two this first and for most it is an easter egg and after this it is a way to get a new Spider-man if Andrew Garfield don't won't to do it anymore. Sony can just say "fine, no problem we will do a clone spider-man movie".

I more or less agree. The Clone Saga would be really hard to pull off in a movie. Hell, I thought both 616 and Ultimate Clone Sagas barely functioned as a comic story.

Not gonna deny I'd love to see Kaine though.

616 didn't worked as a story or at least not overall bits and parts worked but way to long and confusing.

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Man if I was making a Spider-Man movie, or any superhero movie for that matter, I would make him the first person I called. I started following his twitter closely recently and you can tell from his comments answering fans who truly does love Spider-Man and all comic characters.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nexus_ said:

@punyparker: Man if I was making a Spider-Man movie, or any superhero movie for that matter, I would make him the first person I called. I started following his twitter closely recently and you can tell from his comments answering fans who truly does love Spider-Man and all comic characters.

Make him write the thing....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.