Amazing Spider-Man 2: Get Your First Official Look At Jamie Foxx As Electro

• 95 results
Posted by Rorie (832 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like this is a promo for the appearance of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in Comic-Con's Hall H this Friday. I assume they'll have more footage to share in the actual presentation, but since they keep that stuff pretty well locked down, this might be all the footage we non-SDCC goers might get until an official trailer for the film is released. What do you think of Electro's appearance?

Staff
#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6334 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#2 Posted by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

not sure I like this. I liked TASM but still skeptical on the sequel

#3 Posted by AWeekInGeekdom (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see Spidey again in theaters :) !! It's always a treat to have that experience with my favorite hero.

#4 Edited by Onemoreposter (3953 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh

#5 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of the stills I've seen don't look incredibly impressive, but seems unfair to judge him by still images. This seems more like something you need to see in action. I just wasn't thrilled with that last movie. This Spidey takes his mask off for every task.

#6 Edited by Dabee (2380 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty badass to me.

#7 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10407 posts) - - Show Bio

I can dig it

#8 Posted by Wolverine08 (38934 posts) - - Show Bio

BADASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

#9 Posted by The Stegman (23198 posts) - - Show Bio

shocking trailer.

#10 Posted by CuddlyPlane (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna lie, I kind of hate how they are doing electro. I mean, I know they are trying to make it not as cartoony but I don't think this is the proper way to execute it. Other than that, I really love the way this series is going.

#11 Edited by Black_Claw (2918 posts) - - Show Bio

"I like the way you FRY boy!"

#12 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6154 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the electronic stuff, but his body is really wierd.

#13 Posted by Wolverine08 (38934 posts) - - Show Bio

"I can feel it in the walls. I can feel it in my veins. No matter what you can

do, you can't contain it. You wanna know how powerful I am? Well, I wanna know

too. I'm Electro". INTENSE! I'm officially excited for TASM 2!

#14 Posted by tupiaz (2172 posts) - - Show Bio

My biggest fear is that the script jet again will portrait a horrible PP.

#15 Posted by The Average Bear (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

The first part was cool ("I can feel it in the walls...")

But his voice seems way too Bale-Batman

And he looks kinda silly.

#16 Posted by johnny_blaze (389 posts) - - Show Bio

And this is part when I say "Shut up and take my money"

#17 Edited by Ms. Omega (4404 posts) - - Show Bio

And this is part when I say "Shut up and take my money"

Damned straight!!!

#18 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this is so...Meh.

#19 Posted by Wolverine08 (38934 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by bigboi100000 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible 103 (2013) (Digital)

#21 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

times like this i'm glad i gave up on any marvel movie not connected directly to the avengers universe...even if 40% of those movies suck too

#25 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

It's alright, nothing special which is saying a lot because I'm excited for this movie. I hope we get some leaked footage Friday though. Or at least a trailer in the next few weeks. And am I getting a dark vibe from this cause that's going to be hard to sell with Spidey's costume looking cartoony and all.

#26 Edited by StMichalofWilson (3693 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#27 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3693 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Teerack (5415 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad trailer. Probably hurts the movie over all lol.

#29 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20829 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

Wow this is so...Meh.

Same -_-

#30 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5951 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3491 posts) - - Show Bio

"I'm electro...lectro...lectro." What? Come on, you can't get more lame. He's actually calling himself electro.

#33 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5354 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: I used that line when this was announced lol

#34 Edited by Reignmaker (2234 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm going be a super villain, just like my daddy!

Who is your daddy and what does he do?
#35 Edited by Reignmaker (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm generally not one to prejudge a movie, but my spider sense is tingling about this film and the expedited release schedule Sony has opted to pursue.

Strong sense of suckage
#36 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

looks really bad

#37 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

"I'm electro...lectro...lectro." What? Come on, you can't get more lame. He's actually calling himself electro.

I don't like that either, but I had this weird thought that this is the ending of the movie. It's been confirmed Ravencroft is in the movie so maybe this is him imprisoned and the doctors are testing on him. By the end of the movie at least I person will have given him the name Electro, maybe Spidey calls him it.

#38 Edited by w0nd (2934 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna lie, I kind of hate how they are doing electro. I mean, I know they are trying to make it not as cartoony but I don't think this is the proper way to execute it. Other than that, I really love the way this series is going.

how would you go about it?

#39 Posted by SmashBrawler (5502 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

Looks pretty badass to me.

#41 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Not cool my friend, no need to bring some outdated stereotypes into this

#42 Posted by Wolverine08 (38934 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrfuzzynutz: Sorry man. I'm black, and even I thought it was funny. I are what you mean about it being offensive.

#43 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

Better than this:

#44 Posted by Ms. Omega (4404 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

To be completely honest, I am very excited about the 2nd installment of Amazing Spider-Man movie. I've enjoyed the first one a lot (even more than the previous older trilogy movies.) Don't get me wrong, I loved the first three movies, however ASM is a lot better in my humble opinion. Andrew is an excellent actor as Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

#46 Edited by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks cool. But dang some of y'all "fans" nitpick & whine like a bunch of girls. "Oh his head is funny" or "oh his costume shouldn't have that logo there". Geeze louise shut up already. If you don't want to see the movie don't see it. If you don't like the way something is about the film don't nitpick simply keep your comments to yourself.

I personally think Ultimate Electro looks pretty f'ing cool. I can't wait to see him in action.

#47 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess acting underwhelmed is in fashion.

Folks are entitled to their opinions, but there's so much pessimism with regards many of these very well done, very enticing movie previews, on these threads it all almost feels forced.

So far, I'm extremely excited to be a part of the super hero movie bonanza we've all been blessed with this past decade. Seeing Superman redone, and done right on the big screen once again, Green Lantern (as mediocre as it was), Batman (Batman Begins still gives me a nerdgasm), Hulk, Avengers, Iron Man, Wolverine and Spider-Man on the big screen ... childhood fantasy come to life.

Don't listen to all the naysayers! Keep em coming!

#48 Posted by Wolverine08 (38934 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by bloggerboy (543 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems as good a name as any. Especially in a movie where the title character is called Spider-Man.

#50 Posted by telepathic666 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

nope archer nope and it's gonna sound like I'm hanging up but...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.