Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Alpha revealed.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By dernman
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

I hope it turns out as a temporary thing, and that he'll later become more of an ally that works with Spidey semi-often than a sidekick. Spider-Man with a sidekick just doesn't sound right. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how this goes though.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

tsss, copycat.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Strider1992

@Dernman: God.....there are no words......I hope this is temporary. How many times has Pete tried to talk kids out of becoming what he is and now he suddenly takes on a sidekick!? Nah screw that it better be temporary!

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By X35

if it's only one story arc, no problem with this

if it's "permanent" this is pretty lame

also every word used to describe the kid reminds me the network executives talking about poochie in the simpsons

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By KainScion

the depths of lameness. marvel has had only 1 good sidekick bucky. this is really stupid. what? are they trying to appeal to a younger demographic? cuz spider-man is so old? if the punk starts making fun that peters old, im ripping the comic to shredds.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@KainScion said:

if the punk starts making fun that peters old, im ripping the comic to shredds.

you and me both........

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Lvenger

@The_Tree said:

I hope it turns out as a temporary thing, and that he'll later become more of an ally that works with Spidey semi-often than a sidekick. Spider-Man with a sidekick just doesn't sound right. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how this goes though.

This but I'm slightly more edgy about Spidey's new sidekick. I think this could either work out well or crash and burn. And I'm not liking Ramos being back. Why can't Caselli or Camuncoli stay as regulars instead of Ramos?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dernman
    @Strider92 said:

@KainScion said:

you and me both........

Heh I actually had those thoughts myself. Also really hope this has nothing to do with 700. 
    Something dumb like Spider-Man loses his powers and decides to be his Bruce Wayne ala Batman Beyond. I would drop the title.
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strider1992

@Dernman said:

Heh I actually had those thoughts myself. Also really hope this has nothing to do with 700. Something dumb like Spider-Man loses his powers and decides to be his Bruce Wayne ala Batman Beyond. I would drop the title.

Good God! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *pauses for breath* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By oraclefyre

Is it a coincidence that his name is Andy Macguire? Andy--short for Andrew Garfield. Macguire--sounds awfully similar like Toby Maguire's last name.

But yeah, sounds good, but I still can't believe they're afraid of aging the character by marriage, but give him a teenage sidekick which will probably only accentuate his age.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dernman
    @oraclefyre: That's a good catch. Maybe that is the inspiration for it.
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Strider1992

@oraclefyre: Good catch I noticed the Macguire part but hadn't noticed the Andrew one. It wouldn't surprise me if this was the case.

FinnVarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FinnVarra

I'm betting this character is getting introduced for the sole purpose of getting killed and making Spidey feel all 'uncle ben' style guilty.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By doordoor123
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dernman
    @FinnVarra said:

I'm betting this character is getting introduced for the sole purpose of getting killed and making Spidey feel all 'uncle ben' style guilty.

I don't want to take that bet. One of my many many ideas that are running wild about what's going to happen in 700 has to do with crushing guilt. Between his tech being used for bad, Sable dying, and something most likely bad happening to Hope when she takes "responsibility" of the phoenix. That totally could happen.
    Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Remi

That's so lame, lol.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Strider1992

@Dernman: Yeah guild really seems to be the theme at the moment. Maybe the kid will die and Peter will kill the his killer. I believe its being hinted at the Spider-man is getting more violent. Don't think they would kill the new character off that quick though.

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By ExtraLarge

Fox News got the scoop on this? Better get on the ball, Comicvine news dept!

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @X35 said:

if it's only one story arc, no problem with this

if it's "permanent" this is pretty lame

Pretty much this.
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dernman
    @Strider92: Which would bring about that Darker Spider-Man from the future. What ever happened to that storyline? Did it get retconed? 
    They one where he was wearing the jacket made by the villain's tailor.
    Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

lol Okay.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strider1992

@Dernman: No it just hasn't happened. Its already been prevented from happening twice. Once by Spider-man and once by Julia Carpenter so its safe to say if he does cross the line then that'll probably cause the spiral.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dernman
    @Strider92: Good anyway I'm hoping Peter's future is more along the lines of what Cable said it would be. That has been hinted at more often in the past than anything.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    I find it hilarious that in the double-page spread during Grim Hunt which outlines that potential future, Spider-Man is dismissed from the Avengers for killing -- in a panel with Wolverine pointing the finger to show him out. 

LOL, wut.
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dernman

heh

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strider1992

@Morpheus_ said:

I find it hilarious that in the double-page spread during Grim Hunt which outlines that potential future, Spider-Man is dismissed from the Avengers for killing -- in a panel with Wolverine pointing the finger to show him out.

LOL, wut.

Yeah lol hypocrite much?

By the way has everything that appeared in Madame Webb's vision in ASM 600 happened yet? I checked it out again and I can't find where Electro decking the building, Spider-woman getting attacked or Spider-man kissing that masked woman happened. Has it still yet to happen or did I miss something?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Strider92: I haven't given thought to that in a while.
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Strider1992

@Morpheus_ said:

@Strider92: I haven't given thought to that in a while.

Neither had I. Dernman bringing up the evil Spider-man vision just reminded me of it.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kidchipotle

I don't even know where to being with all the thoughts in my head about this...

MadRooster81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MadRooster81

I like this idea. I mean what else can you do to Sider-Man that hasn't been done. I think if handled right, this could be an interesting direction.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ChaosMarvel
    @Strider92 said:

@Morpheus_ said:

LOL, wut.

Yeah lol hypocrite much?

By the way has everything that appeared in Madame Webb's vision in ASM 600 happened yet? I checked it out again and I can't find where Electro decking the building, Spider-woman getting attacked or Spider-man kissing that masked woman happened. Has it still yet to happen or did I miss something?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Strider1992
    @ChaosMarvel said: 
    O.O well I know I shouldn't be surprised but I am kinda. I thought Marvel was just going to draw it out indefinitely lol!
    mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By mewmdude77

@Dernman said:

@Strider92 said:

@KainScion said:

you and me both........

Heh I actually had those thoughts myself. Also really hope this has nothing to do with 700. Something dumb like Spider-Man loses his powers and decides to be his Bruce Wayne ala Batman Beyond. I would drop the title.

That would be the worst thing to happen to Spider-Man since OMIT/OMD.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ChaosMarvel

@Strider92 said:

@ChaosMarvel said:
    The woman is Ms Marvel. There's preview art on twitter from ASM 698 with her and Spider-man. So i'm pretty sure its her.
    O.O well I know I shouldn't be surprised but I am kinda. I thought Marvel was just going to draw it out indefinitely lol!

Well who else could it be? I don't know many characters with a black eye-mask, gloves and blond hair:

HenryReiley26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HenryReiley26

@Dernman: Oh whaa?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dernman
    @ChaosMarvel said:

@Strider92 said:

@ChaosMarvel said:
    O.O well I know I shouldn't be surprised but I am kinda. I thought Marvel was just going to draw it out indefinitely lol!

Well who else could it be? I don't know many characters with a black eye-mask, gloves and blond hair:

I don't think it will be. Very shortly she will be in her Captain Marvel costume which doesn't have the mask. Black Cat also has the mask but is that blond or white hair?
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Strider1992

@Dernman: Well to me that looks pretty damn blond lol. Maybe the artist did the wrong color?

@ChaosMarvel: Oh and I found the scan you where talking about with Carol and Pete. Captain Marvel sure is in a lot of Spider-man titles at the moment -.o

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dernman
    @Strider92: I guess because she is getting her own title they want to push her into peoples minds.
    SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SandMan_
    @Strider92 said:

@Dernman: Well to me that looks pretty damn blond lol. Maybe the artist did the wrong color?

@ChaosMarvel: Oh and I found the scan you where talking about with Carol and Pete. Captain Marvel sure is in a lot of Spider-man titles at the moment -.o

post it...plz!
    ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ChaosMarvel

@Dernman said:

I don't think it will be. Very shortly she will be in her Captain Marvel costume which doesn't have the mask. Black Cat also has the mask but is that blond or white hair?

Well when this was printed Marvel may not have thought of making her into Captain Marvel. That issue is quite old. I'm pretty sure that's not Black Cat as the hair isn't white its blond.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cattlebattle

They are giving Spidey a sidekick now?? Why didn't they do this like twenty or thirty years ago??

Oh right. The people at Marvel actually had ideas back then.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By darthfury78

@chaosmarvel said:

@Strider92 said:

@ChaosMarvel said:
    SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.The woman is Ms Marvel. There's preview art on twitter from ASM 698 with her and Spider-man. So i'm pretty sure its her.

No Caption Provided

This illustration was initially planned by a different writer before Dan Slott was made full time writer for Spider-Man. Since Dan Slott is opposed to the idea of Peter Parker being in a relationship with a super heroine, the potential development of Spider-Man and Ms. Marvel relationship was scrapped. I am glad that it wasn't developed in that direction because it wouldn't have turned out very well if Slott was writing their relationship. Besides, I think that Peter x Carol relationship should stay at the pals level as to provide an even level playing field to include Silver Sable, Spider-Woman, Black Widow, She-Hulk, Psylocke, and Black Cat. The list of heroines gives a different writer a choice as to which one(The heroine who has feelings for Peter Parker) to pick for his story. Thus, the writer is not restricted to a heroine that he doesn't like if he wants to use an alternate to the Black Cat.

This method will insure that no one will standout as Peter's potential girlfriend without upsetting the others. Even if anyone of them are in a personal relationship of their own.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.