Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

agree or disagree with linkara's staement

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7PyRQQjLE

as a fan of lewis lovehaug aka linkara i agree with most of the things he put out in his review and is also one of the reasons why i was inspired to be a writer. however i disagree with him about this for the most part.

peter parker/spiderman has been written maturly since the start of the 80s when roger stern took over and made so many iconic stories of the web slinger as well as other writers like peter david, jm dematteis, tom defalco, j michael strazinskyi, paul jenkins, garth ennis(yes even the guy who people claim that he despises superheros wrote a great peter and spiderman and one of the greatest spiderman stories) david michillinie, and other writers who wrote him maturly after BND like mark waid, chris yost, cullen bunn, greg rucka and even jonathan hickman. i believ the problem other than people wanted him to be stuck in highschool is that writers are interested in making him flawed to make him more believable but instead just went too far into making him an idiot I.E. that insuracne thing and that whole vulture scandel(seriously mark waid. you were better than that). i really don';t know much story about that insurance thing but i believe it had something to do with what happened in the clone saga or something.

so any idea what you think of linkara's statement?

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

come on guys. right now there are 52 views and not a single comment. i do need an answer

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont care if pete acts like a child after he has grown up. thats who he is and i love it. just because he acts childish doesnt mean he hasnt matured. one thing i agree with is that pete goes through struggles that teaches him important lessons, but are immediately forgotten and he may go through the same problem again just to learn what he already knows. i understand people can be like this in real life, but i dont want pete to be like this

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I... dont understand your paragraph.

You list names and events and dates like im suppose to know em.

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I for the most part agree with Linkara's sentiments as he states all the problems that come up when Spider-Man is written poorly. Namely taking his worst traits, guilt complex, immature borderline stupid behavior, his status as a loser, refusal to stop being acting like he's 15 even though he's in his late 20's at minimal and has been married (or EFFECTIVLEY MARRIED post-OMD) for years. These traits are often amplified under lesser writers or those who don't know the character to the point where Peter seems like a barely functioning man-child which Marvel seems to think is his ideal image (see the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series for example).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.