Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Abomination vs Spider-Man

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthfury78

I feel that it's time for Marvel to move Emil from being the Hulk's enemy unto Spider-Man in relation to Peter's parents who where responsible for the death of his family during a CIA investigation that went very bad. I think that Emil should be Peter Parker's worst nightmare. Even worse than the Hulk has ever done to him. There is a potential story to be develop from this angle. Especially with Emil's friendship with Dr. Otto Octavius and Madam Viper. Do you guys agree that Emil should be a part of Spidey's rogue gallery?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

You're referring to the Ultimate Universe here right? Guess it would be good except Pete is dead now T.T

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By gotwillpower

@Strider92 said:

You're referring to the Ultimate Universe here right? Guess it would be good except Pete is dead now T.T

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By darthfury78

Earth-616

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Darksider555

well he hasnt seen much use storywise but i dont know kinda overpowered for spidey to defeat...

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By mewmdude77

If Spidey can't beat Hulk, he certainly can't beat Abomination.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Strider92 said:

Ultimate Abomination was killed in the second volume of The Ultimates.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Strider1992

@k4tzm4n: Well as they're both dead it won't be happening lol!

bigmedlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abomination wins !!!!

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

well he hasnt seen much use storywise but i dont know kinda overpowered for spidey to defeat...

Then again, so is Rhino.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

With some prep, Peter could easily beat Abomination.

Ends of the Earth, anyone?

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@blackspidey2099:

I think so too. It's not like we're talking about Galactus here. Spider-Man would probably have to someway trick him, rather than defeat him w/ head-on force but he could do it and has done similar things in the past (tricking Sandman & Hydro-Man to run into one another). I'm not denying Abomination's a force to be reckoned with but he's all muscle/stupid-strength. Hasn't any actual powers other than his size, strength & healing factor. I personally find a few other muscle-head big dudes like Cyber more lethal because at least he's a psionic entity made of Adamantium.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099:

I think so too. It's not like we're talking about Galactus here. Spider-Man would probably have to someway trick him, rather than defeat him w/ head-on force but he could do it and has done similar things in the past (tricking Sandman & Hydro-Man to run into one another). I'm not denying Abomination's a force to be reckoned with but he's all muscle/stupid-strength. Hasn't any actual powers other than his size, strength & healing factor. I personally find a few other muscle-head big dudes like Cyber more lethal because at least he's a psionic entity made of Adamantium.

Yeah, it would be a hard fight if Peter didn't have any prep, but I think he would be able to squeeze the victory. With prep, I thikn Peter has a great chance of winning against Abomination.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you do know that abomination is one of the few who has fought the Hulk and won?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By darthfury78

@angelalfonso said:

But we're talking about the Abomination returning to his spy roots as an international criminal mastermind, like President Putin whose is a charismatic leader behind the scenes and controlling them like puppets, just like the Kingpin. But the selling point to the Abomination against Spider-Man could be linked to both of Peter's parents. In a nutshell, Emil could be considered to be like One Piece Akainu:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

abomination should win

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You do know that Spider-Man is one of the 5 greatest intellectual minds on Earth?

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: that doesn't change the fact that abomination is many times stronger than Pete,many i'm a big fan of Peter but im not blind as a most batman fans

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: that doesn't change the fact that abomination is many times stronger than Pete,many i'm a big fan of Peter but im not blind as a most batman fans

Well, in one of Spidey's armored suits, that strength difference melts away into nothing pretty quickly. Base Peter is probably at around 35-40 tons (so Abomination is slightly over double that), but in his Spider-Armor Mk III, he is a 100 tonner as well, not to mention invisibility, enhanced durability, enhanced agility, etc.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By visemoon

@angelalfonso said:

Well, in one of Spidey's armored suits, that strength difference melts away into nothing pretty quickly. Base Peter is probably at around 35-40 tons (so Abomination is slightly over double that), but in his Spider-Armor Mk III, he is a 100 tonner as well, not to mention invisibility, enhanced durability, enhanced agility, etc.

Do you have evidence that supports your assumption that the armor makes him 100 tonner?

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon:

the armor was designed to fight the Rhino who can lift about 100 tons, so Pete's with his "end of the earth" armor should be able to lift about the same. but the abomination can lift upto 200 tons (or maybe even more)

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By visemoon

@angelalfonso said:

@visemoon:

the armor was designed to fight the Rhino who can lift about 100 tons, so Pete's with his "end of the earth" armor should be able to lift about the same. but the abomination can lift upto 200 tons (or maybe even more)

There is no evidence to suggest Peter was a 100 tonner with the suit. it didn't say it double, triple or quadruple is strength. He didn't display any 100 ton strength feat. In fact, Peter ( with suit on) admitted he couldn't match Rhino strength.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By angelalfonso

@visemoon: the armor was designed to fight the sinister six that includes Rhino(who unknown by Pete had a major power up by Otto), the reason why he didn't display any major feat was because it was rendered useless by Otto. but you might be partially right since it's official wiki doesn't says that enhance his strength, only his durability

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abomination should win this...one proper thunder clap should do the trick.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By visemoon

@angelalfonso said:

@visemoon: the armor was designed to fight the sinister six that includes Rhino(who unknown by Pete had a major power up by Otto), the reason why he didn't display any major feat was because it was rendered useless by Otto. but you might be partially right since it's official wiki doesn't says that enhance his strength, only his durability

No need to explain why he made the suit. I read the story multiple times. And I know that in that story it didn't say the armor increased his stats to Rhino level or raised it to 100 tons.

we, as the reader, do not have the right to add something to the story, like assuming 100 ton strength...that's just Wishful thinking

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

@blackspidey2099 said:

@angelalfonso said:

Do you have evidence that supports your assumption that the armor makes him 100 tonner?

It was on the marvel wiki that it was a 100 tonner, though the feats didn't show that.

He also broke carbonadium which is almost as strong as and more flexible than adamantium) in the suit.

Thanosmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abomination

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

@blackspidey2099 said:

@angelalfonso said:

It was on the marvel wiki that it was a 100 tonner, though the feats didn't show that.

He also broke carbonadium which is almost as strong as and more flexible than adamantium) in the suit.

Marvel Wiki is known for not being a reliable source. You can't give Peter a strength class when the story, writer or even a handbook didn't give him one. All we know fron the handbook (don't like using them) it just increased his stats and that's it

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

@blackspidey2099 said:

@visemoon said:

@blackspidey2099 said:

@angelalfonso said:

Marvel Wiki is known for not being a reliable source. You can't give Peter a strength class when the story, writer or even a handbook didn't give him one. All we know fron the handbook (don't like using them) it just increased his stats and that's it

Well, considering his feat of breaking through 8 thick tentacles of carbonadium, we can assume it was a pretty huge strength increase. :)

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

@blackspidey2099 said:

@visemoon said:

@blackspidey2099 said:

@angelalfonso said:

Well, considering his feat of breaking through 8 thick tentacles of carbonadium, we can assume it was a pretty huge strength increase. :)

Wasn't it a foot thick? Also didn't Doc attack Peter with an emp knocking his suit out of order prior to him breaking out of Doc's arms?

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By blackspidey2099

@visemoon said:

@blackspidey2099 said:

@visemoon said:

@blackspidey2099 said:

@visemoon said:

@blackspidey2099 said:

@angelalfonso said:

Wasn't it a foot thick? Also didn't Doc attack Peter with an emp knocking his suit out of order prior to him breaking out of Doc's arms?

Let me read the story again. If he did that WITHOUT the suit, then he must be around 100 tons when stressed, which seems a little unbelievable. Wow.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Abomination would make any very interesting foe for Peter, it would definitely be a challenge for him.

One of the coolest things about Spidey is that he takes on threats and opponents that are big than him, but he finds a way to win.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Abomination would make any very interesting foe for Peter, it would definitely be a challenge for him.

One of the coolest things about Spidey is that threats and opponents that are big than him, but he finds a way to win.

^This. I want to read a well written story arc that has Spidey facing 'impossible' odds. Physically He wont have a chance of course, but I'd like to see trying Peter figure out how to stop an unstoppable foe, or risk losing everything should he fail.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelurker: Me to man stone favorite stories are when Peter went up against The Juggernaut and Moruln.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10: I haven't read the first Morlun appearance yet, butAmen to that Juggernaut arc! Even Venom, Carnage, and, to some extant, Lizard's intros somewhat did this. That was what I loved about Spidey's rogue gallery. Many of them on paper, should be able to tear him apart easily, but they don't, and it's fun to see how he manages to beat them.

Just to be clear I don't want Marvel to keep pulling 'Batman Moments', constantly showing Spider-man beat on Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, or Thanos, just to prove that he is still relevant and not to be taken lightly. I just like it when he is pitted against physically stronger opponents so that his inner strength can really shine.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelurker: You need to read it man it's very good. Your exactly right on paper a good portion of his foes, should be able to tear him apart. But they don't and Peter finds a away to win, I dont mind when he goes up against Hulk or others. But I'm with you on not wanting them to over do it.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10: I haven't read the first Morlun appearance yet, butAmen to that Juggernaut arc! Even Venom, Carnage, and, to some extant, Lizard's intros somewhat did this. That was what I loved about Spidey's rogue gallery. Many of them on paper, should be able to tear him apart easily, but they don't, and it's fun to see how he manages to beat them.

Just to be clear I don't want Marvel to keep pulling 'Batman Moments', constantly showing Spider-man beat on Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, or Thanos, just to prove that he is still relevant and not to be taken lightly. I just like it when he is pitted against physically stronger opponents so that his inner strength can really shine.

Lol really? Spider-Man could beat Iron Man without any help at all. He has cracked open that armor before, and all he needs to do is flick his wrist and Tony would be unconcious or worst.

I do hope they don't let him beat Thor or Hulk though. I wouldn't mind a few extremely close wins where Peter barely comes out of it after a lot of prep, but it should be shown that they are more powerful than him. (just so them stupid Batman fanboys shut up rather than trying to prove Bruce beats Peter). Thanos though? Please no. Yes, DC made Batman beat Darkseid, recently, but as far as I am concerned DC is so dependent on Batman that they have to make him their most powerful character, regardless of how stupid that makes him look.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Good points man, I feel the ssme way about Bats. I love the guy and he such great hero and characterscharacter, but he has produced some the most annoying fans. That one biggest pet peeves of DC there dependentce on on Batman. Regardless of the situation or fact.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.