A Spider-Man who hasn't been seen for some time?

#1 Posted by DalekDoctor2011 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

The solicit for Superior Spider-Man #7 mentions "A new development for a Spider-Man who hasn't been seen for some time. And by time, we mean centuries"

I though it was Ben Reilly until I read the part about centuries, Who do you think they are talking about?

#2 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider man 2099

#3 Edited by DalekDoctor2011 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr: @jayskee: lets hope so

#4 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

Miguel, definitely.

#5 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Miguel but technically he is only one century ahead so its possible that it's someone else. Unlikely though.

#6 Posted by Lvenger (19042 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis confirmed a sequel to Spider-Men. If SpOck is still around it could be the Superior Spider-Man meeting Spider-Man 2099.

#7 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: As I said somewhere else, perhaps a time anomaly generated by Otto stealing Peter's body, causing problems to the future? Miguel returning to fix this?

#8 Posted by Lvenger (19042 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr: If that were to be the case, the solicits for SSM 9 and 10 would be Marvel trolling us big time then.

#9 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Miguel is most likely, but it could be a new character entirely.

#10 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr said:

@Lvenger: As I said somewhere else, perhaps a time anomaly generated by Otto stealing Peter's body, causing problems to the future? Miguel returning to fix this?

Like an Edge of Time? But wouldn't Miguel be effected to as nothing ever happened how would he know. In EOT he wasn't effected because he was in the portal.

#11 Edited by PunyParker (9379 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayskee said:

Spider man 2099

This....Slott said we will see Miguel in the series so its him,no doubt.

#12 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

@jayskee said:

Spider man 2099

I want to believe this is Miguel (he's awesome) but Slott is a master troll. It could be Ben Reilly or it could just be a past version of Peter Parker.

#13 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@PunyParker said:

@jayskee said:

Spider man 2099

I want to believe this is Miguel (he's awesome) but Slott is a master troll. It could be Ben Reilly or it could just be a past version of Peter Parker.

If its this then Marvel has official run out of ideas to tell great stories.

#14 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09: Well Bendis said that when 616 Spider-man meets Ultimate Spider-man they had officially run out of good ideas. Funny how he seemed to forget saying that when Spider-men started.

#15 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Bendis at least knows what he's doing when it comes to Spider-man. Marvel in general has no new brilliant ideas. Currently they have been relying on there movies to pull them out of the water because new fans don't know when something has already happened. I still believe that Marvel NOW! should have been DC's New 52.

#16 Posted by PunyParker (9379 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@PunyParker said:

@jayskee said:

Spider man 2099

He said it was no joke....it was on the video where he apologised about the twitter prank with SM2099,remember?!.....

#17 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: He is also a master troll i'm disinclined to believe anything he says lol.

#18 Posted by Funkypanda123 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger no im sure it will inculde miles since at the end of the last book peter checks up miles morales on google in 616

#19 Posted by PunyParker (9379 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@PunyParker: He is also a master troll i'm disinclined to believe anything he says lol.

I intend to believe its true.....BECAUSE I CAN!!

#20 Posted by captain_oblivious (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr: What about the possibility of a cross-over with the Age of Ultron storyline? I remember the Avengers went into the future where the Ultron problem first appeared so maybe Spider-Man goes into the future and meets Miguel and they fight Ultron?

#21 Posted by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Cotton Mather?

#22 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_oblivious: Sure, why not. It's very possible! But I'd like the other option, Miguel coming back to fix the SpOck problem (since I dislike the SpOck concept).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.