Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

A Spider-man fan says A.G was too emo in TASM 2.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ascended

"The first film was light and bouncy and did a good job of portraying Peter Parker as an unassuming teen who rises to the challenge of being able to stick on walls.

Unfortunately, hanging out with Spidey this time around is a big fat bummer. I am all for seeing the softer side of my superheroes, but Peter spends way more time crying, or about to cry, than he does socking genetically-altered, evil-doers in the jaw."

http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-journals/illinois/life/matdekinder/spider-man-is-too-emotional-in-sequel/article_8644910c-d08c-5c16-aebe-8f676c8436a1.html

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By PunyParker

For the LAST.FVCKING.TIME.

THIS is emo.

THIS is style.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By w0nd

@ascended: What was emo about him? he got his gf's dad killed and was traumatized by it, but still managed to make more jokes in that movie then T.M. made in all three. The opening scene alone probably had more jokes.

it seems any time a character shows any sign of emotion they are now amo, dark brooding hateful and quiet. Peter was still a funny guy, but i am pretty sure if i saw my girlfriends dad get stabbed through the chest and then died in my arms, it would take more than a few months to get over it...not to mention he broke his final promise to him lol. when i went to check out the article it had one comment on it.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ascended

@w0nd: Ask the writer of the article, don't ask me. :) I only gave you the link and response.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@punyparker: Just ignore him dude. He won't give up. Its almost trollish at this point.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: he didn't write it he just posted an article, i just figured i would say my two cents lol. but like i said it only had one comment on it so not many people even read or listen to that guy

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@w0nd: I was referring to the fact that he is on a 1 man crusade to have everyone share his opinion about Raimi's films.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: I didn't know what you meant until i took a look at his past posts

"Not everyone likes these new movies, so why would they want to continue with it?"

LOL what the hell does that even mean? Is there a movie that everyone on the planet loves? if so I must be missing out. Is that the rule for movies in this day and age? If everyone on the planet doesn't love part 1 there won't be a sequel.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PunyParker

@fallschirmjager said:

@punyparker: Just ignore him dude. He won't give up. Its almost trollish at this point.

That was just foolish........do people know what "emo" means?!..........Andrew has a great hairstyle,and a stylelish dress code......i mean,what the f*cking hell?!

And i'm one of the biggest critics of the reboot,but hell,what's good,is good!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I liked andrew a lot for spider-man and peter, my one gripe was that he was a little too "cool" in his nerdy phase. he was smart, he wasn't by any means ugly, he know how to skateboard. Could have maybe just gave him those thick glasses from the start? haha.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PunyParker

@w0nd said:

@punyparker: I liked andrew a lot for spider-man and peter, my one gripe was that he was a little too "cool" in his nerdy phase. he was smart, he wasn't by any means ugly, he know how to skateboard. Could have maybe just gave him those thick glasses from the start? haha.

Well Parker aint ugly,so they got that right.
    The "cool" aspect is subjective.......he was a loner,with no particular friend or friends.......he wasn't a "nerd" in the appearance way.He was a nerd in the brain way,and that's what matters.
    His girlfriend would be Emma Stone,in the second act of the movie,he couldn't be hideous,c'mon.....

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By flameboy298

@fallschirmjager: Exactly.He bashed me the other day because I said he hated the new reboot click this guy's profile and you see pics of this justifying how much he hates it.I agree its just trollish at this point

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

Well Parker aint ugly,so they got that right.

The "cool" aspect is subjective.......he was a loner,with no particular friend or friends.......he wasn't a "nerd" in the appearance way.He was a nerd in the brain way,and that's what matters.

His girlfriend would be Emma Stone,in the second act of the movie,he couldn't be hideous,c'mon.....

i wasnt saying he should be ugly, lol but as a human being he is someone i would want to be lol. i never once felt bad for him aside from the flash thing. I think it's because its 2014 now and all those qualities would make someone cool, even the huge ass glasses lol. Overall still a damn good peter

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's the only part we are supposed to feel sorry for him....

OH! and the uncle Ben thing......OH!! and the Gwen thing......OH! and the Dr.Connors thing....

(you see where i'm going with this...)

He's playing Ultimate Parker,the movie version.
    Thus,handsome....it's the movies....they won't make an unattractive protagonist.

---------

Some people doesn't know this,but in Hollywood,they tend to make protagonists preety so they appeal to people.....SHOCKER I KNOW!!!
    Hermione in the original Harry Potter books was an average,towards unatrractive, gal.......and they picked Emma Watson to play her.......

WERE YOU MAD THAT THEY WERE DISTANT TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL THEN?!!!!

I think not.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andrew Peter did have some Edward vibes going on,.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@ascended:

I think its time to drop the subject and move on pal, you're making yourself unpopular on here with too many anti Garfield and anti ASM movie posts. We know you prefer the Raimi films, I like 'em too, but just let everyone like what they wanna like.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.