Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

A Spider-Man fan, no more. . .

Spiders_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Spiders_Man

I love Spider-Man. Ever since I could read, I have been reading Spider-Man comics. I have the entirety of the clone saga in single issues. I watched every animated incarnation of the webslinger.
    I loved his supporting cast, I loved his relationship with Mary-Jane, I loved the jokes and the action, I loved the complex characters and villains and interesting concepts.
    No matter how old I get, Spider-Man has been a cornerstone of my life.

Then came One More Day.

Please don't think of this as a typical rant, but if you feel it is, please tell me why you think that.

The massive character derailment in OMD made me turn against my favourite thing in world, then OMIT came along and further increased my anger.
    I tried very hard to like the new status quo, in some way believing it would change back, but here we are.

One thing you need to understand is that I had (and still have) a very difficult life, Spider-Man and superheroes in general were my way of escaping from that pain, to see it all gone is heartwrenching. 

So I am officially off the Spider-Man boat, I will miss his adventures and I will miss what this little fictional man meant to me.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Primmaster64

Join the club. We have free cookies :D But seriously yeah, that's the reason why I don't even read Marvel in general and a couple of other things.

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By the_fallen11

I would be inclined to agree with you but I have had a change of heart, I too was like this when OMD came out, I said I would sware off Spiderman for good....then I started to think why I hated it, it was b/c how it was done..I never really cared for Peter and MJ (I loved Gwen and Peter) like i said I dont like how it was done it was lazy and it ment nothing, the thought of Peter making a deal with the "devil" was and is utterly  rediculous and is totally not in Peter's charcter, and then OMIT happened, it was supposed to answer questions and "fix" what OMD did.....and it didnt do anything but make people more upset,  it was a sloppy and in my opinion equally as terrible..but time has healed my wounds, and I have found my way back to Spidey...they have turned out some pretty good stories...give it time my friend, accept that this is the way things are now and if you are a true spiderman fan like you say you are, you will find your way back to him as well.

Spiders_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spiders_Man

I've started to turn off Marvel as well, now all I read is Deadpool and Justice Society, however I want to get into Invincible and The Authority.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Spiders_Man: What about CM?
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Yaaaay......another OMD/BND/OMIT rant thread.......-____-

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Caligula

Bad comics happen. I love Batman but he has had his fair share of stinkers. Doesn't change the fact that Batman is awesome, and some writer will come along and pick up the ball and carry it to a more interesting and fun place.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Shouldn't you change your username?

Spiders_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spiders_Man
    @Primmaster64: 
    Forgive my stupidity, but what is CM?

@War Killer:
    Yeah, If thats all you came to say, why bother?
    I'm trying to avoid ranting, I meant to say that I lost a big part of my childhood, if you knew me at all you'd understand how this affects me as a person. 

@BiteMe-Fanboy:
    I rarely think about stuff before I do it, so good point :D
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Spiders_Man: Um...You're avi dude.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#11  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Spiders_Man: I'm not trying to be rude or anything, so forgive my first comment, but it did come off as such, but how has OMD taken away from your childhood?
    nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By nefarious

A Spider-Man fan forever, I am. 

batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By batman_is_god
    @Spiders_Man:
    Dude, R.I.P. did the same thing for me. At least your character was not REPLACED :(. 

Hold in there, the modern fad for writers is #$%*$@ things up, but Spider-Man, Batman, and Cap will (hopefully) be ok. If not, I'll just quit comics. I have been considering that a lot lately anyway.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Caligula
    @batman_is_god said:
    " @Spiders_Man: Dude, R.I.P. did the same thing for me. At least your character was not REPLACED :(.  Hold in there, the modern fad for writers is #$%*$@ things up, but Spider-Man, Batman, and Cap will (hopefully) be ok. If not, I'll just quit comics. I have been considering that a lot lately anyway. "
    hey Batman's stories are going pretty strong right now. and i have a good feeling about this Batman Inc. arc.
    Spiders_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spiders_Man
    @Primmaster64: I thought so, yes the Big Red Cheese is still a favourite but I'm waiting on him getting his own series again.

@War Killer: 
    In recent years I've seen everything I ever had faith in rot away, and seeing my cherished childhood hero do a complete 180 on his morals and values hits me where it hurts.

@batman_is_god: 
    I know how you feel, its the same with Wally West and Billy Batson.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Caligula said:
    " @batman_is_god said:
    " @Spiders_Man: Dude, R.I.P. did the same thing for me. At least your character was not REPLACED :(.  Hold in there, the modern fad for writers is #$%*$@ things up, but Spider-Man, Batman, and Cap will (hopefully) be ok. If not, I'll just quit comics. I have been considering that a lot lately anyway. "
    hey Batman's stories are going pretty strong right now. and i have a good feeling about this Batman Inc. arc. "
    Grant Morrison's Bruce stories have been insanely awesome. Only Grant could write a story where Bruce took on History and Darkseid and WIN and have it not feel contrived. R.I.P is my favourite story arc ever, incidentally. 

As for the thread, I will die before I stop loving Spider-Man. That said, I hate modern Marvel and don't read anything from it anymore. Siege was the last straw for me. I'm a DC/Vertigo/Dark Horse/Invincible only reader now.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Spiders_Man: Me too...I hope Supes gets some light soon too.
    batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By batman_is_god
    @FadeToBlackBolt: 

I do like R.I.P. (it's in my top 5, I can never bring myself to pick a favorite), I just do not like the lasting effects of it. I agree with the time travel and Darkseid thing as well.

@Spiders_Man:

Yeah, I heard about Billy. It really pisses me off. To be honest though, I prefer Barry and I am glad he and Hal are back as Flash and Green Lantern (not that I mind there being 37645789 green lanterns, since that is how the story has always been set up).
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Caligula
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @batman_is_god said:
    hey Batman's stories are going pretty strong right now. and i have a good feeling about this Batman Inc. arc. "
    Grant Morrison's Bruce stories have been insanely awesome. Only Grant could write a story where Bruce took on History and Darkseid and WIN and have it not feel contrived. R.I.P is my favourite story arc ever, incidentally.   As for the thread, I will die before I stop loving Spider-Man. That said, I hate modern Marvel and don't read anything from it anymore. Siege was the last straw for me. I'm a DC/Vertigo/Dark Horse/Invincible only reader now. "
    agreed. Marvel's writers (for the most part) seem to have no clue what compelling story telling is other than, let's see how many big names we can kill... Punisher, Johnny Storm, Ares, Nightcrawler ect... the list goes on. it seems they can't come up with a decent story so they are like "Screw it, kill someone that will sell"
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Caligula said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @batman_is_god said:
    Grant Morrison's Bruce stories have been insanely awesome. Only Grant could write a story where Bruce took on History and Darkseid and WIN and have it not feel contrived. R.I.P is my favourite story arc ever, incidentally.   As for the thread, I will die before I stop loving Spider-Man. That said, I hate modern Marvel and don't read anything from it anymore. Siege was the last straw for me. I'm a DC/Vertigo/Dark Horse/Invincible only reader now. "
    agreed. Marvel's writers (for the most part) seem to have no clue what compelling story telling is other than, let's see how many big names we can kill... Punisher, Johnny Storm, Ares, Nightcrawler ect... the list goes on. it seems they can't come up with a decent story so they are like "Screw it, kill someone that will sell" "
    Preaching to the Choir, mate. Black Bolt and Sentry are two of my favourite characters lol 

I really do love Marvel, but I can't read anything from them these days. Once Bendis and Quesada are gone, I might start reading again. Otherwise, I'll just stick with the trades I already own.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @batman_is_god said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: 

I do like R.I.P. (it's in my top 5, I can never bring myself to pick a favorite), I just do not like the lasting effects of it. I agree with the time travel and Darkseid thing as well. 

Ahk, I get you. I also think the whole Dick as Batman thing is a giant mistake, but I have faith in Morrison. 

As for the Flash and GL, I prefer Wally and Kyle, Barry's fine but I don't really like Hal (since Rebirth, pre-Rebirth he was cool). And there is only one Captain Marvel; and his name is Billy Batson.
    batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By batman_is_god
    @Spiders_Man:
    In fact, I just talked myself into it. Until Bruce is the one and only Batman again (y'know, the way it should be) I am done with comics. The replacing of the character combined with the constant delays have convinced me. If Billy Batson returns as Captain Marvel, I'll read that (I was gonna pick up the one shot in January until I saw it was still Freddie). I am not going to buy books I don't like just to keep up with the character anymore. I will just wiki everything, than probably stop that.
    batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By batman_is_god
    @FadeToBlackBolt:
    Oh yeah, I was just talking about originals. I hate the living #$%& out of Hal, thanks to Johns.
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Green Skin

Sounds like the OP needs to lighten up.  Bad story arcs come with the territory.  Hang in there and don't let a few crappy writers steal one of your childhood heroes away from you.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @batman_is_god said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: Oh yeah, I was just talking about originals. I hate the living #$%& out of Hal, thanks to Johns. "
    (High five). You've got great taste, my good man :P
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Gambit1024

Yeah, ever since the stupidity that happened in Civil War, Spider-Man comics have just gone from great, to good, to OMG WHY?! OMD/BND was probably the worst thing ever. OMIT was just dumb, and made me (idk about the rest of you) even more confused. But I got passed it and honestly? Big Time is actually not that bad. I've been a Spider-Man fan since I was a kid and I gotta say, this is one of the best arcs I've read in a while. I do, however, understand completely why you feel bummed about Spidey's direction in the past couple of years. I'd be pissed if they deleted Gambit's history.  

Come to think of it, a lot of Marvel stuff has been crap lately... The only things worth reading nowadays is Deadpool, X-Factor, X-Force, Captain America, and pretty much anything else Bendis and Quesada managed NOT to touch during the decade of "big events".

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I'll always be a Spiderman fan, no matter what arc comes out that i don't agree with.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By daredevil21134

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @Caligula said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @batman_is_god said:
    agreed. Marvel's writers (for the most part) seem to have no clue what compelling story telling is other than, let's see how many big names we can kill... Punisher, Johnny Storm, Ares, Nightcrawler ect... the list goes on. it seems they can't come up with a decent story so they are like "Screw it, kill someone that will sell" "
    Preaching to the Choir, mate. Black Bolt and Sentry are two of my favourite characters lol   I really do love Marvel, but I can't read anything from them these days. Once Bendis and Quesada are gone, I might start reading again. Otherwise, I'll just stick with the trades I already own. "

Marvel screwed Daredevil too
    Spiders_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Spiders_Man
    @daredevil21134: Agreed
    Avatar image for deactivated-57d9d7fe24829
    deactivated-57d9d7fe24829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like everyone else I hated OMD, but I got over it kinda quick. I mean, I read Spidey comics because of who he is and what he stands for. Yeah OMD was bad, but BND gave him an odd, but fresh start more or less. It gave them a way to introduce new villians, supporting cast, and plot twists. I'm not condoning how they went about it, but it happened. His character is still there and going strong even if the way they tell his story is somewhat shitty. All my opinion of course.

growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By growup

Llife goes on. The quality of story depends on the writer just as much as a character's direction, I'm assuming you know that, so BND doesn't mean Spidey can't still be a character worth reading about. As for BND itself, get over it. Moping about it is not going to change ANYTHING, and if you really what Marvel have done with 616 spider-man then read ultimate. The character of spider-man deserves better than to have a half of all forum topics related to him being about  the BND story arc, (which was several years ago now). 

Was BND a bad idea? YES 
    Did it improve Spidey as a character? Matter of opinion 
    Will a couple of fanboys boycotting the character because they don't like his current direction change anything? NO 

Everyone likes to complain about BND but enough is enough.....seriously

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SC  Moderator

Right now, Spider-man's relationship with Mary Jane for me, seems both simultaneously, simple and accessible, and intricate and complex, its... not marriage, but marriage would have probably killed Spidey eventually. Killed to newer readers, not necessarily, but probably. Right now I think I am having my cake and eating it too. All the reasons in the OP, for loving Spider-man, still appear to be there, better than ever, and it will eventually reset back to Spidey and Mary Jane being in a similar position after this status quo is as relative exhausted as the older. 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Caligula said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @Caligula said:
    " @batman_is_god said:

Thats not really Marvel, thats fans really isn't it.  

Ares mini by Oeming? Badass instant classic, that only like 100 people brought it though. Had no cheap deaths really, was character focused, was a compelling story focusing on the father son dynamic. Oeming's mate Bendis though, with a track record of killing of characters at a moments whim, his issues and books sell like hot cakes. Often using the same characters that like I said, sold poorly elsewhere. People, fans, readers give him power.  SWORD? Fun, whimsical witty, original, no deaths,  cancelled. Writers who used tired tropes in books sell. Its more like they know people won't buy original and decent stories so they say, 'hey screw it, kill someone, that will sell..." lol which is what you said, but it says more about readers than the writers no?  

Dan Slott wanted to use Nightcrawler and Blue Marvel in his Mighty Avengers run, if he pulled the sort of numbers Bendis did, we probably wouldn't have gotten Nightcrawler's because X-Editors knew they needed a 'big death' for its 'big event' its sort funny in a round about way. 
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Caligula
    @SC: yeah SWORD getting canceled was the nail in Marvel's coffin for me. (I have always been more of a DC guy, but when they Canceled my favorite on-going, that's when i decided that Marvel has no clue what they are doing). Still like you said if their fans demanded better by buying books on quality not on character and shock. Marvel might get a new breath.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Caligula said:

" @SC: yeah SWORD getting canceled was the nail in Marvel's coffin for me. (I have always been more of a DC guy, but when they Canceled my favorite on-going, that's when i decided that Marvel has no clue what they are doing). Still like you said if their fans demanded better by buying books on quality not on character and shock. Marvel might get a new breath. "

It annoyed me to no end. Gillen and Sanders were the type of writers that would interact with posters on boards and really drum up support.  

I am a Marvel guy, but I have a deeper respect for DC and how they let many of their lower running titles going. Not sure how they do it, but I appreciative. The current voting with our wallets system is so flawed, its a really uphill struggle for us to to try and achieve this with Marvel, but yea, I agree. Hopefully Marvel gets that new creative breath of fresh air. 
    Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Band Lone
    @batman_is_god said:

Batman been replace isn't as bad.. Heck is not even bad at all. There's a difference between been replace for a few issues and MAKING A DAMN DEAL WITH THE DEVIL SACRIFICING HIS MARRIAGE TO SAVE AN OLD BAG OF BONES! 

What a hero Spider-man turned out to be by making deals with the ultimate evil.
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By spidey 15

OMD, is just a crap that had spidey be out of character for the first time in his life. But i don't get why people are getting so upset about it. 
    If you like spidey then why stop reading about him? His has not changed at all. He is still a funny guy that consistently saves people while risking his own life. He has always been like that and as far as i know, this is a main reason that many people like him. Stop reading about him for a stupid writing does not really make sense to me. I understand not liking that specific arc. I don't like it either. I actually hate it. But i don't blame Peter for this. I don't blame him because i know how his personality is and his personality does not include things like making deals with the Devil. The only person i blame for that is Quesada. 
    =]

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@spidey 15 said:
    "OMD, is just a crap that had spidey be out of character for the first time in his life. But i don't get why people are getting so upset about it. If you like spidey then why stop reading about him? His has not changed at all. He is still a funny guy that consistently saves people while risking his own life. He has always been like that and as far as i know, this is a main reason that many people like him. Stop reading about him for a stupid writing does not really make sense to me. I understand not liking that specific arc. I don't like it either. I actually hate it. But i don't blame Peter for this. I don't blame him because i know how his personality is and his personality does not include things like making deals with the Devil. The only person i blame for that is Quesada. =] "

Way to go spidey. There isn't a single character in comics that hasn't been the victim of a poor story arc or a writer's questionable decision to change a little bit of their history. If you're a true fan of the character then you'll continue to read.  

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By Magian
    @Jake Fury said:
    " @spidey 15 said:
    "OMD, is just a crap that had spidey be out of character for the first time in his life. But i don't get why people are getting so upset about it. If you like spidey then why stop reading about him? His has not changed at all. He is still a funny guy that consistently saves people while risking his own life. He has always been like that and as far as i know, this is a main reason that many people like him. Stop reading about him for a stupid writing does not really make sense to me. I understand not liking that specific arc. I don't like it either. I actually hate it. But i don't blame Peter for this. I don't blame him because i know how his personality is and his personality does not include things like making deals with the Devil. The only person i blame for that is Quesada. =] "
    Way to go spidey. There isn't a single character in comics that hasn't been the victim of a poor story arc or a writer's questionable decision to change a little bit of their history. If you're a true fan of the character then you'll continue to read.     "
    I agree with those two gentlemen.
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By spidey 15
    @Jake Fury said:
    " @spidey 15 said:
    Way to go spidey. There isn't a single character in comics that hasn't been the victim of a poor story arc or a writer's questionable decision to change a little bit of their history. If you're a true fan of the character then you'll continue to read.     "
    My point exactly my friend. 
    =]
    Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
    GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

When OMD happened, I was a little upset about it.  But then I got the "New ways to die" trade and I liked it.  I decided to let it go and keep reading.  I still think undoing the marriage and depowering spider-man was stupid, but jumping on the internet and complaining about it isn't going to help. Everyone blames spider-man for making the deal with Mephisto, which he wouldn't have done if Mary Jane hadn't talked him into it, and Quesada wanted the marriage erased anyhow, so it all circles back to him, and he's not Editor in Chief anymore.  Its been  three years since OMD I thought more people would have moved on by now, but I guess not.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By daredevil21134
    @GundamHeavyarms said:
    "When OMD happened, I was a little upset about it.  But then I got the "New ways to die" trade and I liked it.  I decided to let it go and keep reading.  I still think undoing the marriage and depowering spider-man was stupid, but jumping on the internet and complaining about it isn't going to help. Everyone blames spider-man for making the deal with Mephisto, which he wouldn't have done if Mary Jane hadn't talked him into it, and Quesada wanted the marriage erased anyhow, so it all circles back to him, and he's not Editor in Chief anymore.  Its been  three years since OMD I thought more people would have moved on by now, but I guess not. "

I guess its hard for some fans to move ahead.Daredevil is my favorite and Marvel really screwed him bad and replaced in his city,so I want get mad at someone at diehard spidey fan complaing about it
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By ReVamp
    @GundamHeavyarms:
    @daredevil21134 said:
    "@GundamHeavyarms said:
    "When OMD happened, I was a little upset about it.  But then I got the "New ways to die" trade and I liked it.  I decided to let it go and keep reading.  I still think undoing the marriage and depowering spider-man was stupid, but jumping on the internet and complaining about it isn't going to help. Everyone blames spider-man for making the deal with Mephisto, which he wouldn't have done if Mary Jane hadn't talked him into it, and Quesada wanted the marriage erased anyhow, so it all circles back to him, and he's not Editor in Chief anymore.  Its been  three years since OMD I thought more people would have moved on by now, but I guess not. "
    I guess its hard for some fans to move ahead.Daredevil is my favorite and Marvel really screwed him bad and replaced in his city,so I want get mad at someone at diehard spidey fan complaing about it "

Well... If you grew up with a character then it is hard for you to take all the BS people keep shoveling down your throat. That's just the truth of it. Also the problem what actually happened, but how it happened. I mean making a deal with the devil? Really Marvel? Spiderman is meant to represent what a hero is meant to be, kind of like Superman. But then you get him doing the opposite of heroic to save his aunt? WTF? But what really does it is not that, but the fact that they changed so much of Spiderman's history and the character of Mary Jane. I haven't read OMD myself, but from what I have heard in the comicvine podcast, (not last week, but the week before) MJ looks like a slut who slept with spiderman because he was a hero... I still cannot get over this fact... I hope I heard it wrong, but... then again I know I didn't.
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @batman_is_god:
    What about Greg pak's Incredible hulks? or astonishing Thor?
    Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Tmul501

Spider-man will likely always be my favorite superhero. I was fortunately enough to take a hiatus from comics a little after Ben Riley died (I was a kid) and then I started reading ASM regularly again during the character assassination arc. So, fortunately for me I OMD and I haven't bothered to read it - thanks to threads like this. I did read OMIT and it felt like a lot of unnecessary fluff, so i ignored it. But now I rather enjoy Slott on ASM. I think think he's doing a good job and it is really great to see peter have a real job for once and I really hope he keeps it for a long, long time. Do I think Aunt May should have died? Yup. I guess I'm ambivalent to Pete's relationship status. Single? Great! Dating someone? Great! Married to MJ? Great! Just tell me a good story and I don't really care. But I do think it is lame they gave up their marriage to the devil. That just made things really messy and it didn't seem like there was enough justification to do so. But I don't like OMD ruin current arcs for me. 

I think I agree with what has been said. Sometimes comics aren't as good as we hope they would be, which sucks, but more often then not they get better again and we can smile and enjoy them. And at least for now, I can enjoy two spider-men (spider-mans?) with ASM and USM. But apparently they may be killing USM soon, so that blows. What was someone saying earlier in the thread about marvel killing characters - I feel like they have a list of fan favorites and just go through killing them. That's why Deadpool and Wolverine have so many books. You can't kill them...

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#46  Edited By Hazlenaut

Clone saga made us confuse but it did not destroy the character.

Itsjustsomerandomguy batman says it best this video    

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jayskee
    @Nefarious said:
    "A Spider-Man fan forever, I am.  "

i'm with you
    Spiders_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Spiders_Man

I feel that now is the appropriate time to mention that I still have a great love for the Pre-OMD stuff and I plan on getting back into Spidey once the status quo is returned to normal, until then it is just a dull and even painful experience.

Spiders_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Spiders_Man

Whatever man, it makes me laugh.

Besides, I am hopeful this is only temporary, my love for the Webslinger remains, but this new status quo just feels backwards to me, its years of continuity and important development tossed aside in some bizarre plan to reinvent the character of over 40 years.

Think about it from my angle people. Please.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.