A good jumping on point.

#1 Posted by MrGobbldigook (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, I'm just getting back into reading single issues of comics. I'd love spiderman to be one of the books I pick up regularly but I dont know where to pick it up, is there a good place to jump on, or is there an arc ending soon where I can pick up from? The only other option I could think of was waiting to see if theres going to be a Spidey Marvel Now run. Any thoughts would be great.

#2 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

There was another thread about this recently, but I'd personally suggest JMS's entire run up till now.

#3 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the No Turning Back arc is ending soon, then 692 is up, might as well jump on then.

#4 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

anywhere is a good jumping on point in the current run by Dan Slott, he works really hard to put in enough exposition to bring new readers up to speed, but also makes long form fans feel rewarded for sticking with the book. If you don't mind going back and picking up volumes I would recommend staring with "Spider-Man: Big Time Ultimate Collection" recently released, or you could start at "Spider-Island" and read from there, though some story elements will mean more if you've been a reader of Slott's story.

If you're only a single issue reader then I'd recommend starting with the current Lizard arc "No turning back" at issue 688. Though every issue is a really good jump on point so I'd recommend just diving in.

#5 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrArrogant said:

anywhere is a good jumping on point in the current run by Dan Slott, he works really hard to put in enough exposition to bring new readers up to speed, but also makes long form fans feel rewarded for sticking with the book. If you don't mind going back and picking up volumes I would recommend staring with "Spider-Man: Big Time Ultimate Collection" recently released, or you could start at "Spider-Island" and read from there, though some story elements will mean more if you've been a reader of Slott's story.

If you're only a single issue reader then I'd recommend starting with the current Lizard arc "No turning back" at issue 688. Though every issue is a really good jump on point so I'd recommend just diving in.

Yep this is good if you are still looking for a good jump on point.

#6 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

just jump in

#7 Posted by danhimself (22538 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

There was another thread about this recently, but I'd personally suggest JMS's entire run up till now.

that's a horrible jumping on point...it's over 200 issues back and imo was a HORRIBLE run and its horribleness was the reason for OMD

with Amazing Spider-man it's really easy to jump in at any issue...though I would recommend going back to issue 648 at the start of the Big Time arc and the beginning of Dan Slott's writing duties

#8 Posted by PunyParker (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spiderman #1 and read till 160....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.