A few Spider-Man questions i have?

#1 Posted by warewolf577 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Lets say Peter has shoes on (So he cannot stick) Can he walk ( or even run) on ice without slipping?

2) Let's say a train is moving alot, Can he stand without holding onto poles without falling?

3) Can spiderman stick to wet surfaces?

4) How does Spiderman patrol the city if its snowing/raining heavy?

#2 Posted by comicace3 (6632 posts) - - Show Bio

1. It'll be hillarious if he fell and I think so.

2. Not sure he can probably use his webs

3. Probably not

4. He probably isn't affected by the cold as much as other humans.

#3 Posted by warewolf577 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3: Well for number two i meant let's say he's in an empty train as a civilian, without his webshooters and thanks for the comments!

#4 Posted by comicace3 (6632 posts) - - Show Bio

OK for #2.... Yeah he'd fall off the train.

#5 Edited by warewolf577 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3: But he has super balance?

#6 Posted by comicace3 (6632 posts) - - Show Bio

@warewolf577: Hmmm there is a chance he won't fall off the train with his balance

#7 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@warewolf577 said:

1) Lets say Peter has shoes on (So he cannot stick) Can he walk ( or even run) on ice without slipping?

Spider-man's powers word via electrostatic force. If the object covering his feet or hands is too much it can stop the adhesion. Hence why his gloves and shoes are thin. However he could walk on ice without slipping over due to his superhuman balance. He can shift his center of balance to hold himself up on as little as a single fingertip on any surface.

2) Let's say a train is moving alot, Can he stand without holding onto poles without falling?

I don't understand the question? Is Spider-man on the top of the train trying to resist the geforce?

Yes. His ability to stick to walls works via electrostatic force. Considering electricity travels easily through water there is no reason he couldn't stick to a wet surface.

Spider-mans metabolic rate is higher than a normal persons. In one issue (can't remember which it was one where he was in hospital) his body was shown to metabolize at a much higher rate as the doctors thought he had server hyperthemia but it was simply his body function hotter than normal.

#8 Posted by warewolf577 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: I meant like inside a subway train or a bus , and thanks!

#9 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS is how Spidey travels with train.

#10 Posted by jay_z94 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3: For number 2 he has super balance, super strength, and his feet will be able to stick to the surface. I don't see him falling

#11 Edited by PunyParker (12603 posts) - - Show Bio

1. In many media he has been able to stick WITH shoes on.......
  2. Oh yeah,totally.It;s not only the stickyness,he has perfect balance,in any given situation.
  3. He has a problem with that,yes.
  4. He wears something warm,and off he goes!!

Hope i helped bro!

#12 Posted by Seafood (50 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.